• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Psychie Psychie It looks like i'm getting 11 attacks per round. that feels like a lot. I'm guessing we arent supposed to have that? also, I'm sorry for taking so long, this is my first real combat and I want to make sure I get my strike modifers right.

Psychie Psychie It looks like i'm getting 11 attacks per round. that feels like a lot. I'm guessing we arent supposed to have that? also, I'm sorry for taking so long, this is my first real combat and I want to make sure I get my strike modifers right.
Heya Alex! If you don't mind a fellow player's opinion?

You are right; that feels like a lot. Back when I was creating Dreamy in September of 2023, Psychie had us capped at 6 Actions per Round. This was with Dreamy's Automatic Dodge (Dodge that doesn't take up an Action).

Ha ha ha! Wow! =)

Of course, Psychie will know better than I will. Just tossing out what I can. Hope you're having a good one! =)

Not to be rude, but how are you getting so many actions per melee? Even a Juicer at fourth level won’t have that many. Can you break down how you got to that number? I really would like to see.

Thea aims her rifle at the two skelebots approaching the cement she and her companion are hiding behind. She takes aim at where the neck meets the base of the head, if she hits it, maybe she can mess with the circuitry on the bot.
Called shots, dividing evenly between those two bots, aiming for the joints of the bots specifically. 5d6 damage on a successful hit. perhaps I should look into getting magic items, I dont really have the gear section filled out too well lol. but then again, thea's new to this whole adventuring thing.
Strike modifier: +7 I think
they already know our location, the problem here is the fact that they are rapidly approaching
Just so you know, you can only target one opponent at a time, not making two Called Shots at a time.

I am also curious as to how you have come up with thirteen actions.

I am guessing it's because Alex is perhaps new to Palladium?

Having 711 M.D. in human form and immune to damage except for that which is caused by silver... I am left wondering which of the many Palladium books that I am not as familiar as I would like to be holds this information?

Ah, I am almost certain that I’ve done something wrong with my math. I’ve stumbled into breaking things before, and I don’t want that. But this is how I think that I go the number of actions I did.
All superhero’s get to take either HTH Martial Arts or Comando. I took Martial Arts and burned a skill to get Krav Maga, which added a significant number of actions. (Source, the Krav Maga you sent me, and Hero’s of the Megaverse)
I got to choose boxing or kickboxing through the specific power I took, which gave a few more (Hero’s of fge Megaverse)
The werewolf RCC was I think made to be an opponent more so than a player class. It gave me more attacks, and more in wolf than human form.(Rifts Dark Conversions)
Give me a sec to pull up the parts in the book.

The MDC chaos comes mostly from the other superpower I took, honestly, I agree that that’s crazy broken, and honestly I might swap it out. And the immunity to all non-silvered weapons comes from werwolf RCC, and it only applies in wolf form to nerf it

This isn’t the first time I’ve fallen ass-backwards into a broken character , but it isn’t so fun when it is. I think that in order to de-break this madness, I’m going to drop the attacks gained from the RCC, and swap out the bio-regen madness for a different power, and then re-apply the RCC invulnerability to the whole time, so that I can play up the werewolf aspect. I think I’ll take the power that allows some animal communication and control instead. Let me look through the book.

I am so sorry for the delay and confusion!

Ok, so that's 4 attacks from Krav Maga at the level I am at, 3 for human form from the RCC and 5 in wolf form, + one attack from kickboxing. yeah, it seems like I am also just terrible at math. i should have 8 and 10. still crazy, and still too much, I concur.

Ok, so that's 4 attacks from Krav Maga at the level I am at, 3 for human form from the RCC and 5 in wolf form, + one attack from kickboxing. yeah, it seems like I am also just terrible at math. i should have 8 and 10. still crazy, and still too much, I concur.
Ah! Here's sonething that Psychie stated earlier - we are using the skills only from the Rifts Ultimate Edition book and nowhere else. =)

Have no worries Alex! I have screwed up my share of characters during creation too! You ain't alone! =)

Alrighty, Let me swap out kickboxing for Just Boxing! and I think I'll ... hmmm. taking the minor energy expulsion:lasers sounds fun. I'm not certain if Laser Eyes Werewolf fits the vibes, but honestly, I think it's kind of hilarious. the immunities to so much is... a lot. and there isn't really a lesser bio-regen option. I could cut down the MDC to just 111, and that would be perfectly alright with me.

EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 since we are still hammering out your stats/attacks/mdc, I’m going to pull your character out of this combat until we’re get you 100% ready. That way there won’t be any confusion of what you are capable of handling.

Once this fight is over you can interact with the others as we get your combat stats figured out. For now, you are badly injured from fighting the horde of enemies after you and have been knocked out.

For now, you are badly injured from fighting the horde of enemies after you and have been knocked out.
EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 Alex, I always knew your character would be a knock out! Wooo! 8D

Knock Out Lol GIF by Campus Univers Cascades

Nevermind, found the answer, page 84 , Atlantis book, One Attack Per Melee to activate

Psychie Psychie I will have Xinyi take the damage without a dodge or parry. I suspect her Ley Line Force Field should be able to handle it. After you post the damage I will take her turn.

Psychie Psychie I will have Xinyi take the damage without a dodge or parry. I suspect her Ley Line Force Field should be able to handle it. After you post the damage I will take her turn.
Eonivar Eonivar Hey Eon? Are you sure you want to do that? Why not try the Automatic Dodge from the Tai Chi your character has?

Hey Eon? Are you sure you want to do that? Why not try the Automatic Dodge from the Tai Chi your character has?
I considered that, but if Thea falls unconscious, Xinyi is afraid that if they dodge out of the way that the fallen unconscious Thea may get hit.

EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 since we are still hammering out your stats/attacks/mdc, I’m going to pull your character out of this combat until we’re get you 100% ready. That way there won’t be any confusion of what you are capable of handling.

Once this fight is over you can interact with the others as we get your combat stats figured out. For now, you are badly injured from fighting the horde of enemies after you and have been knocked out.
But Thea is no longer in the fight.

But Thea is no longer in the fight.
That is the question. Where is Thea?

If Thea were not originally there, rather than casting ice to create a temporarily protective wall to protect her, Xinyi would have cast Impervious to Energy and draw their sword to engage the Skelebots hand to hand...

Fair enough. I'll get rolling on fixing the madness I have made. also, I'm thinking of taking the Beastmaster power from Heros Unlimited.

Eonivar Eonivar I think Thea is still there, she probably just took a well-placed hit to the back of the neck with a concussive blow. Even if she's not knocked out, she's stunned and down. but I think you should go with the dodge action. If an attack is targeted at you, as long as you arent literally on top of me, it wont hit me if you step out of the way.

That is the question. Where is Thea?

If Thea were not originally there, rather than casting ice to create a temporarily protective wall to protect her, Xinyi would have cast Impervious to Energy and draw their sword to engage the Skelebots hand to hand...
Yeah, only Psychie Psychie can answer that, of course. I'm just trying to save Xinyi some pain From the Skelebots. Have a good one, Eon!

Heya Alex! =)

If dodging will pose no danger to Thea...I will dodge, but I cannot update until I get home this evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back