• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure - IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Skelebot 10 is next on Raven's hit list. He drops down from the air and fires off another three round burst at the Coalition robot.
Invulnerability Tattoo and my Wingless Flight Tattoo.

Augmented Strength Power Punch: 2d4 MD
With Tattoo: Inflicts 6d6 S.D.C. on a restrained punch, 5d6 M.D. on a full strength punch, or 1D6x 10 M.D. on a power punch (counts as two melee attacks).

Level: 4
Class: Cyber Knight
MDC from Bio-Enhancement: 125
Invulnerabity Tattoo MDC: 300 / 287
Psi-Shield MDC: 80 / 42

Power Matrix PPE: 40
PPE: 65 / 5
ISP: 85 / 70
Psi Sword Mega Damage: 4d6 MD

Action Points: 7

Combat Bonuses
Number of Attacks: 7
Strike: +8
Parry: +9 / +11 (Sixth Sense)
Dodge: +9 / +12 (Sixth Sense)
Roll With Punch: +3
Initiative: +2 / +8 (Sixth Sense)
Perception: +6
Critical Strike on a Natural 20
Critical Strike From Behind

Assault Rifle
Triax Pump Rounds: 4D6 M.D. per single round or 1D4x10+10 M.D. per short burst of three rounds.
45 / 30
Barrier Projector
120 MDC Force Field Bubble, Two shots per melee 6 / 6

Raven's motion dropping down from above allows the assault rifle shot to miss.

The only ones with actions left this round is Dreamy, Rab, and Raven. Everyone else is out of attacks.

Purr Purr is up with Dreamy again.

Round One
19 - Dreamy [5] <====
18 - Skelebots 2-4, Magic Netted [5]
17 - Rab [5]
16 - Sylvie [5]
13 - Xinyi [4]
13 - Raven [6]
11- Takuma [1]
10 - Oleg [4]
7 - Skelebots 10-12 [5]

Everything seemed to move very fast around Xinyi, and while her body was on autopilot, being aware of incoming attacks and moving (although she did not really need to since she was immune to energy attacks…) , the fairy and the fairy’s voice made her jump and spin about in a very fluid motion as the chaos raged around them.

“Who….wha…what’s…What’s a Mountaineer?”

The little fairy points frantically. "Its a big truck! Go thataway! We'll protect you!"

Rab is busy with his pistol, but he also manages to shout out, "Oleg! Pull back to the truck! Go!"

About ten different images of a truck based on the four different languages that Xinyi knew appeared in their head but none of them seemed to make sense in this very chaotic and confusing situation while in this rubble strewn ruin of a city.

Xinyi spoke…almost to themselves…while they processed this…moving in the direction indicated by the frantic little fae being with wings floating above their head.

“Truck?”<in English>…then she spoke again…”Truck?” <In Euro> then again “Truck?” <Chinese>…and finally “Truck?” <Dragonese>

Xinyi hoped the faerie was trustworthy (at least more trustworthy than the robots) and decided to go and find out what this version of “truck”or this “Mountaineer” was.

Raven's motion dropping down from above allows the assault rifle shot to miss.

The only ones with actions left this round is Dreamy, Rab, and Raven. Everyone else is out of attacks.

Purr Purr is up with Dreamy again.

Round One
19 - Dreamy [5] <====
18 - Skelebots 2-4, Magic Netted [5]
17 - Rab [5]
16 - Sylvie [5]
13 - Xinyi [4]
13 - Raven [6]
11- Takuma [1]
10 - Oleg [4]
7 - Skelebots 10-12 [5]
Dreamy casts Carpet of Adhesion on Skelebots 10-12 in an attempt to stop them from chasing after their newfound mystical ally. The act of casting likely reveals her state and location; She ceases using Art of Stealth.

"Hey!" the dark-clad Altaran beauty calls out to Raven without using his name. "Can you try knocking those three down with your shotgun? I bet they they won't shoot so well when they're planted face-first in my carpet!" Dreamy adds with a mischievous smile.

With all of the Skelebots stuck in place for the next minute or so, you have the option to keep shooting and destroy them or beat feet and get out of there to the vehicles.

What do you want to do?

Dreamy aims her bow at the most-damaged Skelebot and cries out. "Come, friends! Think of all of the people these metal demons won't cause pain to and slay if we send them to the trash heap now!" Gritting her teeth, the determined Altaran pulls her bowstring back and holds it just long enough to hear what her friends have to say.

Raven raises up his rifle and fires off a grin at Dreamy. "My thoughts exactly! Lets trash these tin cans!" He then fires a burst at Skelebot 10, starting to whittle down its armor until it is scrap metal.

OOC Are we still rolling this, or are we moving out of combat time?

Takuma Shook his head "I was thinking of seeing if they have any data on their heads. But before you trash them ill salvage some parts from them, at least what can be salvaged"

As Xinyi carefully makes her way towards where the fairy pointed, they slow down, and look back, reviewing the situation. Seeing the Skelebots as not a threat at the moment, they stop and look around, gazing at their "saviors" wondering who and what they were.

Xinyi wondered if they were trustworthy or not, with the thought that they could just easily teleport farther down the ley line if need be to get away.

They had not run into much of anyone since emerging from the rift they took from the monastery, and most had not been either very forthcoming or just down right hostile. Xinyi took a deep calming breath.

Xinyi gripped their pistol in their left hand and kept ready to dodge out of the way in case these new strangers turned hostile on them.

Takuma's half-flesh, half-metal turns to the woman...monk? Fist fighter?

His shirtless body shows signs of wear and tear as he does not notice or even care that some of his skin is gone. It might leave you wondering how much of this man is human and how much machine. The cyborg ninja places his weapon back in his compartment, something a normal person does not have, and turns to look at you. "Chill out woman. We have no intention to hurt you, unlike these monsters" He points his thumb at the skeletons "So how about you put that weapon away and relax so we can have a proper introduction" He said his right left eye glowing red but otherwise the machine show no signs of hostile action if that can be trusted.

The petite and silver haired Xinyi looked over at the strange shirtless metal and some flesh man, who reminded them of the Skelebots in some ways, and yet who proceeded to put his own weapon away in a compartment built into his own body. Xinyi extended out their senses, and opened her inner eye, sensing for magic and looking at their auras. (Xinyi senses magic and also uses See Aura here).

The strange mechanical man did not have any psionics or magic from what they could see and sense, and was roughly the same in ability as themselves.

And he had a fairy as an ally.

At least he and the others wanted to talk.

Xinyi holsters her pistol, and quickly looks herself over, noticing the holes and burns from the laser blasts they took earlier which had healed already. They frowned that their robes had holes in them from the laser blasts and that they would need to be repaired...again, but carefully straightened them out anyway.

There was still a slight golden sheen around them. The translucent field would shine and reflect slightly with fluctuations of the ley line about them. (Ley Line Force Field)

They looked back up at the metal man speaking in that odd dialect of American (English English, RP), they had a very nice sing song voice.

"At least you are willing to talk unlike them."

Xinyi glances back at the remaining Skelebots who were being dismantled and then back at the one who addressed them.

"Thank you for the assistance. Those awful machines would not take the hint that I wanted nothing to do with them."

Xinyi gives a very short Tibetan/Chinese bow.

"I am Xinyi, who do I have the pleasure of addressing?"

Raven jogs up to casual speaking distance to the woman, his rifle pointed up and away from her, and says, "Are you injured? I can help if you are. Oh, my name is Raven, and you are safe with us, but we really should be on the move soon."

Last edited:
The sparkling little fairy zips over and stomps her foot in the air. “Less talk, more running! There are more of the Skull Heads out that way, coming quick! We gotta move!”

The old man holsters his pistol and nods. “Yes indeed. My name is Rab Colson, and this young man is Oleg. Miss, you are welcome to seek refuge with us. But we must be out of here with haste. If you would come this way?”

"Are you injured? I can help if you are. Oh, my name is Raven, and you are safe with us, but we really should be on the move soon."
Xinyi glances at Raven, their silver eyes gazing at his aura and sensing their magic...recognizing the magical signature of Raven's tattoos.

Not human...supernatural...with magic tattoos...too friendly to be in the thrall of the Splugorth and with this company...Atlantean?

Xinyi gave another short bow..." Xinyi...No..no I am fine thank you for asking.."

She then glances at the fairy and then over to Rab and Oleg...and gives another bow..."Xinyi..umm...sure, thank you for the invitation, I would join you..."

Xinyi then runs, following along with the rest.

With little Sylvie urging everyone to move faster, you make it over the small rise that is between the attack site and where you have left your vehicles. Xinyi can see a pair of large ground vehicles, one an old style eighteen wheeler tractor/trailer, and the second is a large three-wheeled truck that looks like it can seat six to eight people comfortably with a small cargo area in back, and there is also a robotic horse standing there.

In addition to the vehicles, there are a pair of people standing nearby the vehicles, people that are immediately familiar to Dreamy - even without sight to help her out.
Purr Purr please describe Snowfall and his companion to the group.

(Enjoy, my fellow gamers!) Eonivar Eonivar GunMan2 GunMan2 Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

Dreamy steps toward Xinyi, her expression concerned and curious. Who was this new potential ally?What did her destiny bring? With her heart on her face as always, the Altaran waves to her but not with the kind of wave most people use - this wave is larger, wider; it is like she is not used to the act of waving at all. She calls out to Xinyi from across the battlefield.

"Hiii! Don't wooorry! We don't like Skelebots eeeitheeer!"

Two new shapes nearby get her attention. Friends of this Xinyi? Enemy reinforcements? Dreamy had felt watched during the fight with the hellishly-programmed Coalition States automatons and it was not a sensation she could casually toss aside. She turns toward the shapes... and suddenly they are gone! Vanished like a lazy fool's dreams! Bow in hand, a look of confusion coupled with suspicion crosses Dreamy's face, but before she can react... it happens!

"Hello, young lady!"

"YAAAAIEEEEE!!"

This aged male voice with the odd accent coming from directly behind her sends Dreamy leaping into the air! If she had been indoors,, she would have hit the roof! If there is a world record for Altaran Standing High Jump, chances are solid that Dreamy just broke it! Such is her shock that she does not land neatly on her feet as some of you have seen her do plenty of times, but flat on her backside in the dirt, her fallen bow about a meter away.

The friendly voice continues. "Pretty girl? Do you know where the nearest Del Taco is? It's Taco Tuesday, you know! You know what dat means! Dollar tacos!! Ooohwheee!!"

From the ground and with damaged pride, Dreamy shouts back at him at the top of her lungs. "By the gods of my people, how do you DO that?!"

"Ehhh?" an ancient-looking Asian man (Japanese if you know Asians well-enough) cocks one ear in her direction - an ancient-looking man who has somehow appeared not two inches behind Dreamy - Dreamy who is a Ninja Undead Hunter with 2,000 years of experience as an Altaran warrior. Dreamy who was just in combat with her blood pumping and still quite alert and ready for trouble.

The elderly man has a crown of beautiful silver hair that travels to his shoulders with healthy brown skin and a very pleased white smile. He is wearing an immaculate earth-brown and red silken kimono inlaid with gold lining and all manner of incredible embroidery containing animals of Asian legends. He stands upon firm sandals and looks as crooked as as an old branch.

"Ehh? You mean... how old man like me ask young pretty girl like you for directions?"

"You know what I mean! You got me when I was ready for you! Again!" Dreamy huffs and looks ready to spit flame. "You scared me so badly this time you made me... where is... drop my bow!" Dreamy turns over on all fours and begins pawing through the grass until her fingers finally find the drawstring. She pulls the weapon across her shoulder.

"Ohhh!" The elderly chuckles. "Dat easy, Pretty Girl! Practice! You learn anything if you practice! Don' chu know daaat?"

"I know more than that, you little stinker!"

The elderly man pauses and calls out for help. "Heey! You hear what she call meeee?" But when he turns and looks at the Ninja Undead Hunter, he gasps in growing horror.

Dreamy licks her lips and gets a look in her eye - a look of barely-hidden resolve. A smile creeps across her beautiful face as she reaches out with her hands, her fingers and nails extended - aimed directly at him.

"Oh no! Not that! Not the secret technique! Anything but that!"

But before he can get out of the way, the younger and more athletic Dreamy snatches him off of his feet as if he weighs no more than a newborn puppy. Holding him with one arm, she reaches towards his midriff... and the old man howls with sudden and young-sounding laughter!

"No! No! Not thaaat! AAHHAAHaH!"

An unseen form with a male voice with another strange accent can be heard. "Ach. It is always like this."

"Show your true form already! C'mon! The cute one!"

"Nooo! Nooo!" The old man vanishes into thin air and in his place is a young man wearing the same clothes but his hair is dark brown and rich with youthful luster.

"Not that kind of cute!" Dreamy demands as she continues tickling him. "You know the one I mean!

"Aaaah! Aaaaaah!" cries the youthful man who becomes a middle-aged man who then becomes a teenage man who then transforms into a handsome white fox with nine tails. "Eh-heh-heh-heeeh!" the fox laughs uncontrollaby as Dreamy continues her tickling.

"I won't stop until you do it! You know how long I can last!"

Finally, the shapeshifter seems to relent as he vanishes and reappears as a combination of both fox and man! A four-foot tall cuddly-looking creature with clear vulpine traits complete with kicking paws, howling jaws, and nine white tails flying all over the place.

"There!" she shouts in real triumph. "That's what you get, sensei!" Then Dreamy turns toward everyone in her party. "Oh." She stops tickling, leaving the breathless fox-creature in her arms smiling, gasping, and unable to see straight. "Hey guys! This is Snowfall! Remember my senseis in my clan of Ninja Undead Hunters? He's one of them!"

Without warning , a nearby shadow not an arm's distance from Dreamy and Snowfall and also about four feet tall, speaks again. His accent is anything but Asian - it is clearly European for those who know. "Ja, ja, und ich bin.... er... I am a Dreamy-sensei too!" The shadow appears to look up to her. "I am in de shadow of de moon, Dreamy. I should not be seen. Do not mention my name! it could be trouble for dese people of yours."

"Hai, sensei," Dreamy bows as she keeps ahold of Snowfall. "Waaaait... Why are you two here? What reason... could you have?"

In reply, Snowfall seems to calm himself - his mischievous foxy features instantly become as solemn as a statue. And the short shadow beside Dreamy? It becomes deathly quiet.

Dreamy's smile fades as she sets Snowfall gently down on his feet. She seems to be listening to words none of you can hear. Dreamy gasps and then she seems to tremble. Her fists clench. Hard.

"No... No! What-- That can't be!" Dreamy's beautiful face shows an expression of a woman suddenly feeling lost. "After all we went through-- How?!" The longer this goes on, the closer she looks as if she is about to break down and cry right there in front of everyone.

Snowfall's voice now lacks any hint of mischief or silliness. His voice is sharp as a razor. "We can't get him without you, Dreamy. There is no one else for us to ask."

"Aaand ve must act tomorrow night, mein fraulein, or not at all," says the shadow. Then Snowfall and the shadow turn to Dreamy's friends, sigh, and say, "It is always like this."

Dreamy paces. She puts one hand under her nose and sniffs. Her every movement is that of a woman distraught. "But..."

"But vat?" the shadow asks.

"... I'm... what about my honor-bond? I've given my word!"

"To whom?"

"Him!" Dreamy points without looking toward Oleg Colson. Two faces, one seen and one unseen look past the cyborg, the cyber-knight, the dragon hatchling, and the winged fey, the young would-be Mind Melter, and to the stalwart father.

"Vat is your mission?"

"We're en route to take a boat from here across the western ocean... to Germany."

"Duestchland! Mein Gott!" exclaims the shadow.

Dreamy looks sad. "There is... a people they must be reunited with. Oh my gosh. How can I be in two places at once?"

A moment of pondering ensues. The white-furred foxy one raises his paw. "Got it!" Dreamy and the shadow turn towards him eagerly. "In fuedal Japan, in many provinces, among the concubines all over the country, there existed a means of substitution. If a concubine could not work because she had fallen ill or was otherwise deemed unable, another could be substituted to take her place."

Snowfall snaps his fingers. "That is the origin of our own substitution rule."

Dreamy kneels down to the two of them. "You would do that? For my honor? For them?" Both nod without hesitation.

Snowfall says. "You'd do the same for us, Dreams. Question is - who goes? You or me?"

The shadow shakes his head. "Ach, I cannot. Not without my other half. It would be... like cheating on her." He shakes his head again. "Nein. Either we both go home or we do not go at all. But zere is one more ting, ja?"

"You guessed it," Snowfall says. All three of them turn toward Mr. Rab Colson as the foxy one points toward him.

"He... has to agree to this."

"And if he does not?" the shadow asks.

"Then we go our separate ways."

Dreamy takes on a look of a woman wronged. "And that sorry son of a... gets away!" She shakes her head and marches straight toward Rab Colson.

In her kindest tones, she bows to the human adventurer. "Mr. Colson? With my deepest and greatest apologies, may I ask you to amend the rules of our deal? Would you accept the help of my sensei, Snowfall the Kitsune, Megaverse messenger in eternal service to Inari, in substitution of my own? I am older than he is, but his countless adventures outnumbers even my own. What is your will in this, good sir?"

Then... as if by magic... the trio looks to one another as if sharing one sensation, one single feeling.

"Ya know?" Snowfall scrunches his face.

"Ja! It is true!"

Dreamy shrugs her shoulders. "I feel it too."

They begin nodding to each other in finality as they say as one...

"It is always like this!"

Takuma's head would steam a bit as Dreamy was doing her little goodbye and being...replaced by a fox?

"Can someone explain what is happening here cause I did not update my chip to handle magic shit happening in quick succession" The machine was shaking his head and made it calm down before it blew up or got the blue screen of death and he definitely does not want the blue screen of death.

Xinyi slowed to a walk when they approached the vehicles seeing the two figures initially and then hearing someone call out across the area from behind them.

Xinyi turned and see that the strange two figures had appeared next to another one and proceeded to have a strange conversation in front of them all. It was something to the effect of they needed one of them to leave to do something and now the third, an odd fox like being was asking Rab if they could take the first persons place.

She heard the strange human-machine (who had never mentioned his name yet) mention something about a fae.

"A fae you say? Mister Man-Machine?"

OOC Xinyi is rolling Faerie Lore at 71% = 30%

Last edited:
"Can someone explain what is happening here cause I did not update my chip to handle magic shit happening in quick succession"
Eonivar Eonivar GunMan2 GunMan2 Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood
Dreamy's hair slides across her shoulder as she responds with a touch of frustration. "Sorry for the confusion, Tak! And for the lack of introductions too. Everyone? I'll explain everything after we receive Mr. Colson's answer, I promise!"

Snowfall follows the Altaran's gaze to Takuma. "Yeah! Please accept our apologies! Dreamy is following the teachings of her senseis - we are two of them - and making good on the word of honor she gave."

He looks up to Rab Colson patiently. "See, Dreamy can't stay here and help her clan at the same time... so it's all up to the person she gave her word of honor to - on who stays and who goes with you to Germany!"

Last edited:
Raven is apprehensive at first, but quickly begins to calm when it is clear that they have the trust of Dreamy. He clears his throat and says, “Dreamy is a boon companion of mine and worthy of my complete trust. She trusts you, so I shall also. Right here and now is not the most optimal location to talk. Just over that rise is a fairly large contingent of soldiers that are itching for a fight and I don’t wish to provide it for them. Can we talk and move at the same time? Then we can get our introductions made.”

"Later, then!" Dreamy and her senseis begin running to safety.

Rab leaps into the cab of the semi with Oleg hot on his heels and the big diesel truck starts up with a rumble. Moving out, the old man sets off at a rather breakneck pace into the ruined city. He seems to know his way as he leads the rest of you along until the big rig hits its brakes and makes a sharp turn into an underground parking garage. Driving further into the garage, Rab pulls to a stop and kills the engine. With a nimbleness that belies his age, the old man jumps out of the truck cab and walks back to where Raven has come to a stop with his passengers and Dreamy with her robot horse.

“We should be safe here, at least for the time being. We can give the Coalition a bit to give up on any search for us then set out for our temple here. So! In the meantime, let me see if I correctly understand what’s going on here. Ms Dreamy has an important duty to take care of elsewhere, but is torn because of her contract with me to escort Oleg to Germany. This other fellow,” he looks to Snowfall, “has offered to take her place with us, but only if I give my consent. Do I have the true measure of what is going on here?”

Do I have the true measure of what is going on here?”
"Yes, sir!"

Dreamy and Snowfall respond together, the latter with a wagging of his nine white tails. Then together, they bow from the waist to Rab Colson - it is a bow of apology for the inconvenience the Ninja Undead Hunter and her sensei have brought upon Mr. Colson.

The short shadow standing beside Snowfall bows also. When he rights himself, he seems to rub his chin. He nods and responds in his European accent. "Ja, ja, mein herr! You have de gist of it!" He pauses as he gets hung up on the American word and tries sounding it out several more times, trying to get it right.

"'Girst?' 'Jeest?' 'Giest?' 'Joost?'"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back