• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Primum Movens: Open!

ShadyAce said:
Nah, it's all good. I was struggling on what to write when standing there! I'm ready to progress the scene :3
Don't worry about writing a lot, just write whatever feels necessary- it's better to have one good, solid paragraph with all the needed info than trying to churn out 3 lengthy paragraphs of "eh" filler :P

FelixWrightwind said:
Well, I was thinking he could be tasked on stealing something one of your characters always keeps on them, therefore following and showing up in many places.
He's gotta have some reason to be there though- it's easier for uninvited humans to slip in and out than arie, since arie don't hold positions of power- maybe he came because lots of rich people gathered in one place=good stealing opportunities(?) or some other reason, but you should give him maybe like a cover story or a disguise so people don't kick him out (unless you want him to be kicked out? And he can operate from the sidelines? Don't know how he would have much interaction with others but it's all up to you)

@wizard nibblers Well, I was having him use a mixture of both of those- gathered around the rich, and have a disguise, which changes very frequently, until at one point, someone might recognize him, report him, and have a tussle or something, then, not having aquired something he wanted, he kind of gets himself involved in a bigger plot over time that way. I don't mean to spoil it, but at one point or another, I want a chance for the rp to end as him being a protagonist in the end

Last edited by a moderator:
FelixWrightwind said:
@wizard nibblers Well, I was having him use a mixture of both of those- gathered around the rich, and have a disguise, which changes very frequently, until at one point, someone might recognize him, report him, and have a tussle or something, then, not having aquired something he wanted, he kind of gets himself involved in a bigger plot over time that way. I don't mean to spoil it, but at one point or another, I want a chance for the rp to end as him being a protagonist in the end
We just don't want you to be super far from the plot, it's great if he has his own character arc but if he's doing it far away from everyone else, it's not gonna be fun for you :P Think about him maybe stealing a big ticket item from someone, something that someone else needs or something that is linked to some secret of theirs, so that he can be more involved with others. (You don't have to do exactly that but just something that ties him to everything else going on)

@FelixWrightwind Exactly. You can play your character however you want, we just don't want you to get stranded and end up having to RP by yourself lol.

I think if you can read through people's CS's and try and decide on an item(s) you would like to target?

Possible ones could include: Alex's Tech, Kiefer's Glasses / Notebook (...if you dare), The Princess's Emerald Necklace, Helbrecht's Armor / Violin ( @Unwavering Knight :P ), Yuki's "medicine." Or you can try and work out something else with any of the people here. :)

Going after a character's special item will not only allow you to develop a plot alongside them, but also get involved with the overarching plot, depending on what you decide to go after (hint: some items have story value).

@FinalStraw Sorry for the holdup; had various things to take care of. But will post presently. ;)

Alright, my post is up! Sorry about any formatting or spelling mistakes -writing on my phone is most definitely not fun.

Also, I technically have not done as I said, considering it is 12:12, and therefore a new day. However, like many things I will call this close enough! And with that, I am off to bed, good night everybody!

Pretzel Heart] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/28991-felixwrightwind/ said:
@FelixWrightwind[/URL] Exactly. You can play your character however you want, we just don't want you to get stranded and end up having to RP by yourself lol.
I think if you can read through people's CS's and try and decide on an item(s) you would like to target?

Possible ones could include: Alex's Tech, Kiefer's Glasses / Notebook (...if you dare), The Princess's Emerald Necklace, Helbrecht's Armor / Violin ( @Unwavering Knight :P ), Yuki's "medicine." Or you can try and work out something else with any of the people here. :)

Going after a character's special item will not only allow you to develop a plot alongside them, but also get involved with the overarching plot, depending on what you decide to go after (hint: some items have story value).

@FinalStraw Sorry for the holdup; had various things to take care of. But will post presently. ;)
Well, that's what he's scoping out by going to the ball on the first day. See what's good to get there.

@FelixWrightwind Sounds good. Sorry though there's just one final thing. I noticed that your character's height is a tad on the tall end for an arie, do you mind making him a bit shorter? Arie are almost always no larger than a child (~4 feet), usually smaller than that! Rien is the only exception we'll be allowing in this RP. Once that's fixed, you'll be good to go. ( ;) )

Spiritdancer said:
Hi. My apologies @Pretzel Heart, @wizard nibblers, I have been really busy these past few days, and I am aware that I have not been posting consistently. Hope to get a post up by today or tomorrow, depending on my schedule. I'm really sorry.
Don't stress about it too much! As far as we are concerned those at the banquet right now are getting a free pass as far as posting goes as we wait for the rest of the plot to catch up. But it is a good chance to lay the framework for your character and who you will interact with over the coming month, so please use this time as you see fit. ^ ^

Pretzel Heart] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/28991-felixwrightwind/ said:
@FelixWrightwind[/URL] Sounds good. Sorry though there's just one final thing. I noticed that your character's height is a tad on the tall end for an arie, do you mind making him a bit shorter? Arie are almost always no larger than a child (~4 feet), usually smaller than that! Rien is the only exception we'll be allowing in this RP. Once that's fixed, you'll be good to go. ( ;) )
It's been dropped a foot!

FelixWrightwind said:
It's been dropped a foot!
Excellent. As of this moment you are officially accepted into the RP (I am on my way home and will update everything once I get there). This means your post counter will start today, unless you'd rather wait to introduce your character. Or you can go ahead and start posting! But do you have an idea about how you'd like to start?

@FelixWrightwind We were thinking that maybe your character is disguised as a servant, or could run into Kiefer and Adalberht on their way back to the banquet (if he's staking the castle out). Heck he could even run into Vladimir on his way back to the servants quarters. It's up to you, though as an arie and of common birth your character would not have been invited to the banquet, I don't think.

Have you read the IC at all?

@FelixWrightwind[/URL] We were thinking that maybe your character is disguised as a servant, or could run into Kiefer and Adalberht on their way back to the banquet (if he's staking the castle out). Heck he could even run into Vladimir on his way back to the servants quarters. It's up to you, though as an arie and of common birth your character would not have been invited to the banquet, I don't think.
Have you read the IC at all?
Whatever choice you think would be best- and what's IC stand for? I'm sorry, my lingo isn't great-

FelixWrightwind said:
Whatever choice you think would be best- and what's IC stand for? I'm sorry, my lingo isn't great-
Sorry, my bad. "IC" refers to "In Character" RPing (that would be the stuff on the first tab). And for future reference, this would be the "OOC" for "Out of Character" chat. So your posts go on the 'IC' tab, while you can talk about whatever here.

You don't have to read the IC (in fact, it's gotten rather long by now), but if you need to know what's going on in the RP so far, I can do my best to give a good summary.

As for where to start........it really depends on which characters you want to try and target. I don't know, it's really up to you. We will be moving onwards from the banquet on the 18th, however, so whatever you come up with make sure you can finish it by that date.

[QUOTE="Pretzel Heart]Sorry, my bad. "IC" refers to "In Character" RPing (that would be the stuff on the first tab). And for future reference, this would be the "OOC" for "Out of Character" chat. So your posts go on the 'IC' tab, while you can talk about whatever here.
You don't have to read the IC (in fact, it's gotten rather long by now), but if you need to know what's going on in the RP so far, I can do my best to give a good summary.

As for where to start........it really depends on which characters you want to try and target. I don't know, it's really up to you. We will be moving onwards from the banquet on the 18th, however, so whatever you come up with make sure you can finish it by that date.

[/QUOTE]
Okay, he's just going to be there today, not stealing anything! He'll be disguised as a caterer, I guess, carrying food around on a platter... That's fine, right?

FelixWrightwind said:
Okay, he's just going to be there today, not stealing anything! He'll be disguised as a caterer, I guess, carrying food around on a platter... That's fine, right?
Yup, feel free to post. Your activity counter will begin today. And...make sure that everything is checked out on your character in the 'Character Information' table on the 'Character Sign up' tab.

Swiggity swag tag.

@Unwavering Knight I feel terrible for not being as active as I would like! I've been caught up in school work and unfortunately my laptop hasn't been working or turning on at that matter and it's just been hectic. I think it'll be a while until I get a new one so I'm using my phone at the moment. I'll really try to get a post up soon if I find the time. ):

If not would it be possible if you could close the discussion in a decent manner without it sounding off? :/

[QUOTE="Lady Ravenshade]
If not would it be possible if you could close the discussion in a decent manner without it sounding off? :/

[/QUOTE]
I can. Is that what you wish?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back