• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Rise of Shadows

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
April raised her wing to strike Arcanus again, but her wing shook nervously. She grit her teeth and tried to work up the nerve to strike him, but for some reason she just couldn't. She waited for a few moments before finally lowering her wing. She thought to herself quietly. "F-fine, I'll come with you guys. B-but I'm keeping my space from you," she said to Arcanus, trying to avoid eye contact.

Arcanus flinched and tried not to recoil from April's threat of attacking... But he smiled to himself as he heard her speak, instead. That's all he needed... For now, at least. It'd be very difficult later on, but all he needed to do was calm her down for the moment. "A-Ah... G-Good to hear.. H-hah, you really are strong..", he chuckled quietly as he looked down at his wounds. He unsteadily rose once more, wincing a little bit. "W-Well... Thank y-you, April... And I hope you c-can forgive me for the pain that has been inflicted upon y-you...". He turned around and straightened his posture as he walked towards the rest of the group. Well now he was both physically and emotionally hurting, as well as exhausted. He desperately wanted some sleep, but he knew the situation. Couldn't afford to stop moving.. One foot after the other...

April glared at Arcanus as he left. "Don't think this means I feel better about you," she said with a scowl as he walked away. Max eventually walked alongside him.

"Are you okay?"

Genesis watched as April attacked Arcanus, yelling for everyone to leave, he knew his place was not to step in, since April had changed a lot, but decided to leave it to the others. He followed Arcanus and Max, remaining silent as he walked, and constantly looked around.

"H-Haha, far from it, m-my friend... A-Amber has passed away, N-Nathan is in a hospital, April hates m-my guts, and I am in a bit of p-pain to say the least. C-Can I lean on you?", Arcanus asked Max lightly, with a weak smile.

Assailant Assailant

Max nodded with a light smile, moving close to Arcanus. After a few moments, he looked over to him. "You know that she doesn't mean what she is saying, right?"​

Arcanus placed his arm over Max's shoulder, and leaned on him, as he said he would. "H-Hah, I wish I could say I fully believed that... Her words carry much weight.. Especially when I stand this vulnerable. It... hit hard, you could say."

Max nodded. "Of course. I understand that. You must simply remember that she's grieving.. it's..." he paused. "I do not recall... have you heard what I did after the death of my trainer and friend, Felix?"

"Ah... Perhaps. Though it could not hurt to hear it once more.." Arcanus replied softly, still a little bit dazed.

Max nodded and looked forward, recalling that time in his life. "When Felix first died, I refused to talk to anyone. I found my cave and retreated. Then I spent years dedicated to finding and killing those who had hurt him." He frowned. "Those years in retrospect are a blur, hazed by my bloodlust. I wasn't... I wasn't me..." he turned to Arcanus. "People change dramatically when they grieve... they are not truly them... but as you can see in my case, they come out of it, and even stronger than before."

Arcanus listened quietly, and he looked like he was really learning something from all this... "A-Ah.. I... Am sorry to hear, that sounds awful... And I suppose April and I are doing the same in some form, yes...?". He momentarily glanced over towards her, a drained look still on his face from everything. "It feels like I'm dreaming.... Around her, especially.."

Max smiled, though his eyebrow raised in confusion. "In the good or bad way," he asked. Especially under these current circumstances, he was curious to know.

Arcanus thought, and started laughing a little bit. "Hah, you know what? It has always been both, since the very beginning. And I hope it stays that way for years to come..."

Max thought about this and nodded. "I suppose that is fair. I feel almost guilty for it, but I must admit I envy you to some degree." He chuckled and rubbed his head. "Inappropriate to say in this time, I realize."

Arcanus simply chuckled. He didn't really know how Max could envy him.. And he wasn't sure he even had the brainpower to try and think about it. "Well.. It is what it is, I suppose.". He looked up at the sky, wondering when they could stop walking and rest. "I will not think lesser of you."

Max smiled. "It must seem impossible, I suppose. I do not blame you for not understanding." He noticed Arcanus's discomfort. "Not much longer now, only until we are prepared to leave."

"Remind me once more.." Arcanus started, dazed. "Where is our next destination? I have not been all here for the past.. Well, a while.".

Max frowned. "I'm not sure myself. As far as I can tell, we simply have to keep moving to prevent Eclipse from tracking us down."

Arcanus sighed, a little more discomforted. "Well... We are in a warzone, I suppose.. Things certainly have changed since I joined."

When they all got back to the rest of the group Latios spoke up. "We need to get the Legendaries to wake up. We can't keep carrying them. Anyone know how we do that. I'll admit I didn't exactly go gentle when the dirty work happened."
Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie

Last edited:
Arcanus looked down, thinking. "If.. absolutely necessary, I can most likely wake them using Nightmare. Though that may not be the best course of action, for obvious reasons."

Latios Latios

Max frowned. "Could we try dumping cold water on them? Something simple is oftentimes the most effective solution.

Max nodded and hummed. "This certainly is an enigma... Emlas, do you have any ideas?"

"Umm... Not really. Maybe we could try some kind of berries. Isn't there a berry for just about any injury, maybe there's one for this." She said

Users who are viewing this thread

Back