• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Rise of Shadows

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Arcanus lifted his head slightly, hearing April's name. This, too, had occurred to him, and he simply listened to hear whatever the answer was. If April was gone... Well, he didn't know what would happen. He didn't know how he'd react to it. He had made a promise to protect her, and he was going going to put his heart and soul into being her guardian. But if he had failed...

Max looked around, seeing no one respond. After a few moments, he sighed and sat down. His eyes closed and the flaps on his head rose: the telltale sign he was using his aura sensing. After a minute or so, he stood up and looked off back in the direction they'd initially come from.

"I sense her aura off in that direction. I shall go retrieve her, if anyone else wishes to come." With that, he walked off into the woods.

Arcanus stood up sharply, and followed after Max sharply. If April was injured, in trouble, or anything of the sort.. He had to know for himself as soon as possible. He also didn't want any of his friends going out into the woods alone. He followed silently, arms folded and looking down at the patchy forest grass as he walked with an anxious feel.

Assailant Assailant

(Darn it, I had something typed up but I guess I never hit post.)

"Let's hurry, before the Shaodws come around." Said Latios. "By the way, we may have to stay constantly on the move after this. I'll explain later but for now let's make sure no one else gets harmed."
Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

As the two walked, little seemed to happen for long. However, soon they began to notice movement out of the corner of their eye. Something flitting among the trees. Max came to a stop. "April is right here... April, come out." After a few moments, a creature swooped out of the trees. It landed before the two. It seemed to be April, but something was off. A golden stripe streaked through her hair. Her body was much larger, only a foot or so shorter than Arcanus now. She had changed.

The Pidgeot glared between the two of them. "What do you want?"

Arcanus' eyes widened as the grown Pidgeot stood before him. He could hardly believe it was her, but Max seemed to be certain that she was. "April..?", he called to her softly, eyes wide. He smiled weakly, he was so happy she was okay. "You are-.... I am glad you are okay, gem..". He was truthfully relieved to find her... And he hoped to find a bit of comfort in her presence.

Assailant Assailant

April scowled at Arcanus. "Of course I am." Max frowned. Something was wrong with her. Max stepped back... he could tell this wasn't his place.

April looked at the ground and chuckled dryly. "I trusted you..." she whispered. "You told me to open myself up again... and I believed you... and then..." she growled and scornfully looked at Arcanus. "I trusted you," she repeated.

Arcanus frowned, looking down at the patchy grass for a few moments, thinking of what to say. His head ached, his heart hurt, everything was in pain in some form or another. "...I am s-sorry.", he murmured softly, stroking his arm. "Th-...Things are not...a-as...". He put a hand on his forehead. He was right, there really was no way to fix this. "As....I-I..". Tears came down his face. What could he do? He knew he couldn't have saved Amber. But he couldn't help but drown in his own guilt and sorrow. He couldn't find it in himself to say anything else.. Perhaps normally he could find something. But truthfully, too many emotions clouded his mind at once.

April scowled. "As if it could be fixed by something like that." She looked at the ground and stared harshly at it. "Go away. Now."

The Hypno let out a shaky breath, bringing his hand down from his face and gazing back up at April. "N-No, I will not, April. We have a-already lost someone. I am n-not losing you, I cannot afford to. Y-You know this.. I cannot let all of this go to waste, I simply cannot.. Strike me down once more if you will, but I w-won't give up on y-you..."

April scowled. "I SAID LEAVE!" She leapt up and used gust repeatedly, blowing Max back. "LEAVE! I HATE YOU!"

The gust didn't really affect Latios much expect for ruffle his feathers slightly. But he now notice that April was acting strange. She had gotten better over the course of the journey but now she had reverted back it seems. Based on what he knew it probably had something to do with Ambers death admit Nathan being injured. "April, Nathan is in the hospital. Before she passed out she wanted to see you. I'm sure she still will when she wakes up." He lied. Anything to get her to come back.
Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

April scowled at Latios. "Who gives a damn? I don't give a damn! I know that isn't true anyway. I imagine she's already dead anyway."

"She's not dead. The nurse lady told me she'll be alright. She'll be back and ready in a matter of 3 days she said. And she really does want to see you. She's concerned about all her Pokemon."
Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie

April shook her head. "I don't... I don't CARE!" She growled at them. "LEAVE!" Max waited a few moments before nodding and leaving the area

Before Max left Latios stopped him and whispered into his ear. "She's going to die out here if we do leave. And Nathan won't be happy when she finds out she's dead as well. For one I say we kidnap her."
Assailant Assailant

Max paused. "She is grieving... to force her to come with us could majorly hurt her developmentally. But you are right, there is an inherent danger...I think only one person here can make that call..." he nodded towards Arcanus. "The one here who knows her best."

Arcanus stared at the ground. He questioned why he was trying anymore.. This death had affected him deeply... And the memory still laid fresh in his head. He couldn't fix this. He couldn't try. He couldn't be happy right now. No matter how much it hurt him to stay in a state of grief. Maybe it was over... No, for sure it was. This fight with April was a fight he was surely destined to lose. His heart sunk as he stared at the ground, these thoughts running through his head, and through his heart. He wished he didn't have to say goodbye... He wished he could make April better. He ached so much. It was time to say farewell....

No.
He couldn't give up. That's not what Amber would have wanted. She loved everyone to the very end. And he still owed a debt to her. Amber wanted to see April become something better, and by Arceus he wasn't going to give up so easily. April was a child to her, and if she had one last request to him... He knew it would be able to take care of this Pidgeot. He felt it in his soul. It was fate that brought April to him. To this crew. She needed him and he needed her. Amber... She saved April's life. She wouldn't want her to die out here alone just because Arcanus wasn't strong enough to save her.

He stepped forward the few feet April had knocked him back with her gust. He looked up with determination in his eye. Heart pounding and legs trembling, but even on his last legs, he wasn't going to give up on anyone. Especially not her. Even to his last breath. He spread his arms out willingly. This was going to be... Very tough.

"Strike me, sweetheart."

April scowled. "LEAVE!" She spread her wings out wide, trying to intimidate Arcanus with her size before slashing him with a wing attack.

Within her, she felt a pang. That hurt her to do... she didn't want to... no... no, it was HIS fault that hurt. It was his fault she was weak like this.

Arcanus fell flat on his back, and hoped that nobody would interfere. He let out a painful wheeze, holding the new cut that'd formed. He got up again. He smiled up at her. "Y-You can do better.. Come on, you're stronger than that. I believe in y-you. Let's try again. F-From the top, now..".

Latinos began to wonder what on earth Arcanus was doing. However he didn't dare step forward for it seemed he had a plan.

April winced at Arcanus's encouragement. No! Don't encourage me! Fight me or leave! She paused for a moment, glaring at him, before flapping her wings. A small tornado formed as she used Twister on Arcanus.

Arcanus, as expected, didn't bother dodging. He was sent flying by the attack, and he ended up ramming into a tree. He hit the ground, and laid there for a moment, before unsteadily standing up again. He hobbled over to April again. "Y-..You're doing s-so well... L-Look at how strong y-you've b-..become.... I'm p-proud of you... and sh-she is too, y-you know..."

April shook her head. "Stop! Just... she..." she paused, silently looking at the ground before looking to Arcanus. "S-she shouldn't be proud... neither should you."

Arcanus smiled weakly, deciding it'd probably be better to sit down, feeling quite a bit of pain from April's attacks. A tear or two came down his face as he looked up at her. "W-We still are, April. You've c-come so far... You're s-so big now. You're d-dealing with so many emotions right now... A-And we l-love you so, so much.".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back