[Overlord: Shards of Immortality] (OOC) Overlord - Discussion

:P no we can't have that and alright I'll be watchin anyway I just posted in the main hall I'm at the doctors with a ridiculously high fever

So, Overlord, when are we going to become active again? After everyone's done fixing up their characters?

Tempest said:
So, Overlord, when are we going to become active again? After everyone's done fixing up their characters?
People can fix up their characters after the game resumes. I just finished writing all the plot and stuff I need to post and Ill be opening the game back up after my dinner tonight.

Game is back up! The main plot is in the mainhall and croc and tempest's awakening is also up. Enjoy!

[QUOTE="Commisar_gaunt]Anyone else having issues with editing their Character? It says I can't edit my character profile.

[/QUOTE]
You don't need to keep posting everywhere. I already sent you a PM and replied to your character.

hey folks, some of you didn't put a link to a thread where you'd go, just to note ya :3

EDIT: and that counts for Zarkoff too, even if he's sniping those outside

I'm curious as to how I ended up being re-born in the dungeon when my character died 100 years ago fighting the Lords of the Resistance after betraying the Overlord. And that I somehow fought them and yet ended up locked up before dying... or was it after dying..?

Dying and being reborn are so complicated...

Tempest said:
I'm curious as to how I ended up being re-born in the dungeon when my character died 100 years ago fighting the Lords of the Resistance. And that I somehow fought them and yet ended up locked up before dying... or was it after dying..?
Gnarl was a busy person collecting corpses during these 100 years and bringing them to the tower.

You know I almost went on a whole tangent of thoughts for Eratio that basically made me come to the conclusion of what was summed above:

Dying and being reborn are so complicated...

Little Insight into the Inner workings of Thraxis!

"I Swear in the name of ME, i will be in bed with that Bee by the end of the week!!!"-Thraxis, apon first laying eyes on the Bee Queen, on the Roof.

Yeah, but Apparently I AM the only God on the team, And y'know how girls flock at the Nobility!

God...Demon God... whatever.

.....God's count as a form of Nobility, right?

Nah, too high to be Nobility. Once you reach Godhood, you get that unsettling problem of Untouchability.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, so I've been giving our situation as Generals a bit of thought. Besides the information pointed out by the character Day that we are bankrupt, and the point made by several that we are missing the Brown Minions, there are several other factors to take into effect before we go bashing heads.

• Even though we may have been forgotten over 100 years, I'm sure military schools are quite fond of our tactics that worked like magic during the Overlord's reign. What tactics that worked 100 years ago might be well versed now.
  • Technological disadvantage for us. Humans never sit around for 100 years. I wouldn't be surprised if there were changes to sword- or armor-making. I would also say that they might be as far along as muskets, but that fear got settled with the enemy attacking with a catapult.
  • As pointed out by Seer, our power core is missing, thus the source of our power. Now, while this isn't so much of a problem for Generals like Eratio, who rely mostly on sword skills, this can be a problem for Generals like Vitae, and as demonstrated at the Gate this can be disasterous.
  • Another caviat of not having the core is that, while the Tower resurrected us once, there is the possibility that we might not get a second chance.
  • Without the Overlord's charisma, we'll be hard pressed to keep things together, inspire fear in our enemies, gather followers, or recruit soldiers.
  • We are behind in world knowledge, as shown by the thoughts of Day, who's constantly (right now) trying to update himself. I applaud General Day.

• We are so weakened, it's not even funny. Even those Generals who can fight are currently thrown off from how they were 100 years ago- Vitae is now a thunderstorm, Venore is spitting magma everywhere, Eratio has a hole in his chest, Zar'Hesh doesn't have his poisons, etc. AND there are some Generals who aren't battle worthy- Thraxis got shrunk to midget size, Cayle doesn't seem like much of a fighter, nor does Day... (No offense to those who I just mentioned.)

And that's about all that I can come up with right now. I guess next time we meet in the Main Hall, I'll have Eratio warn everyone. By the way, sorry if I brought up points already mentioned by Generals without attributing.

Tempest said:
Nah, too high to be Nobility. Once you reach Godhood, you get that unsettling problem of Untouchability.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, so I've been giving our situation as Generals a bit of thought. Besides the information pointed out by the character Day that we are bankrupt, and the point made by several that we are missing the Brown Minions, there are several other factors to take into effect before we go bashing heads.

• Even though we may have been forgotten over 100 years, I'm sure military schools are quite fond of our tactics that worked like magic during the Overlord's reign. What tactics that worked 100 years ago might be well versed now.
  • Technological disadvantage for us. Humans never sit around for 100 years. I wouldn't be surprised if there were changes to sword- or armor-making.
  • As pointed out by Seer, our power core is missing, thus the source of our power. Now, while this isn't so much of a problem for Generals like Eratio, who rely mostly on sword skills, this can be a problem for Generals like Vitae, and as demonstrated at the Gate this can be disasterous.
  • Another caviat of not having the core is that, while the Tower resurrected us once, there is the possibility that we might not get a second chance.
  • Without the Overlord's charisma, we'll be hard pressed to keep things together, inspire fear in our enemies, gather followers, or recruit soldiers.
  • We are behind in world knowledge, as shown by the thoughts of Day, who's constantly (right now) trying to update himself. I applaud General Day.

• We are so weakened, it's not even funny. Even those Generals who can fight are currently thrown off from how they were 100 years ago- Vitae is now a thunderstorm, Venore is spitting magma everywhere, Eratio has a hole in his chest, Zar'Hesh doesn't have his poisons, etc. AND there are some Generals who aren't battle worthy- Thraxis got shrunk to midget size, Cayle doesn't seem like much of a fighter, nor does Day... (No offense to those who I just mentioned.)

And that's about all that I can come up with right now. I guess next time we meet in the Main Hall, I'll have Eratio warn everyone. By the way, sorry if I brought up points already mentioned by Generals without attributing.
I like you.

:P Why thank you! I just felt like thinking about what advantages Mr. Shiny would have over us.

You know someone will have to make a list of good things with being away 100 years without Overlord, Core, or army, right?

Yeah, I kinda figured that. So, I'm to be blamed if all of these shortcomings start popping up in front of us. :cool:

I am not much for a fight right now, but my Demonic Powers should prove useful... i hope you guys save Thraxis a few corpses to Animate, he'd need some corrupted Undead Meat-sticks to keep up with Ya'll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back