Out of Soul Chat

Kaine said:
As a weapon bloodline without the ability to transform, would they be ok without being able to see souls?
This confuses me greatly. In theory, there should not exist a weapon bloodline without the ability to transform. It's genetic. Even if the gene is recessive, it can manifest under the right conditions, e.g. Maka vs. Asura. Even Maka, a fully-trained Meister unaware she could transform and at the bare minimum two Stars, had a weapon form.

Kaine said:
Seeing them all the time i understand. A meister could learn to see them in time, even if it wasn't their strong point? As a weapon bloodline without the ability to transform, would they be ok without being able to see souls? I see were the skill would definitely be handy, but is it a necessity.
This rule has been broken a lot within the rp so far so I'm not very particular on who can and can't see souls although a meister would definitely be better at it than any weapon. I really can't talk more on this because my own character was actually the 1st one to break the rules in regards to this.

Sidenote: I actually wrote Ikeda with the ability solely with the intent of using it Musically. Then I realized everyone else was using it.

Also, weapons can sense through their Meisters. It's actually how most of them get the ability and its referenced a lot. a Prime example is Azusa Yumi.

[QUOTE="Pariah Stark]This confuses me greatly. In theory, there should not exist a weapon bloodline without the ability to transform. It's genetic. Even if the gene is recessive, it can manifest under the right conditions, e.g. Maka vs. Asura. Even Maka, a fully-trained Meister unaware she could transform and at the bare minimum two Stars, had a weapon form.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah somehow i forgot to read what i type before i post and what makes sense in my head, so looks like jibberish in a post.

What i meant was in reference to weapons seeing souls. Athena answered it well in her last post. I was looking at a human, without the trait to weaponize, in a weapon bloodline, still be able to see souls as they grow (obviously not off the start), like a regular meister. The fine line between meister and weapon seems to fade quickly when discussing how this stuff works and what the real difference is between said classes, besides transforming obviously.

Also on a random note, i thought Maka being a weapon was only in the screwed up anime version. It's obviously in her blood cause of her father, but then i cant say, ive only read manga chapters here and there.

ALSO 2: Your description on bond meisters made a lot of sense. I understand resonances not being as strong, but shouldnt generic fighting be just on pair because of their inherent likeness?

Kaine said:
ALSO 2: Your description on bond meisters made a lot of sense. I understand resonances not being as strong, but shouldnt generic fighting be just on pair because of their inherent likeness?
Their mental/spiritual connection and overall communication would be weaker, I believe. That doesn't by any sense mean that the meister would be less skilled with the weapon, so to speak, but everything that makes a weapon and meister pair different from a person wielding a normal weapon would be weaker.

Kaine said:
I was looking at a human, without the trait to weaponize, in a weapon bloodline, still be able to see souls as they grow (obviously not off the start), like a regular meister.
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm rewording it in a way that makes far more sense.

"A human with a recessive weapon gene that develops Soul Perception."

It's honestly that simple.

On to your other note, the fine line between weapon and Meister is basically defined by two things: Meister vs Weapon Training and the Weapon Gene being present.

In regards to Maka, it is in fact anime-only. However, it is my standard knowledge that this roleplay takes more from the anime.

Kaine said:
generic fighting be just on pair because of their inherent likeness?
Soul Resonance itself is the amplification properties of a weapon fully amplifying a Meister. This amplification is made strong because their wavelengths are different. In fact, Soul Synchronization is even more powerful because multiple people are basically resonating with each other. Bond Meisters are genetically prone to being similar, thus the differences in their wavelengths is less and the amount that can be amplified is less. In the manga, Maka once used her father, Spirit, and he felt heavier and their resonance was weaker, but it still happened. Similarly, Death the Kid can use all those elaborate techniques that the Thompson sisters can't use alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next serious question. You guys are pretty far in im assuming? I realize there will be more arcs and missions, so my question is, can backlash and i work our stories to be joining late. Like be transfer students of some sort? How would we explain coming in late? I really dont like acting like my characters have relations with people all ready. Without his and my characters being related, would there be a way for them to previously know each other. Or do you guys force random pairing?

Pariah, i also appreciate all your help also. our ideas for characters are coming together nicely

Oh, that's easy. We're starting the beginning of the Spring semester once the RP starts back up again. It'll be really easy to join in. Probably the best time to, as a matter of fact.

We've actually only been through winter interim classes so far. So jumping in now is literally the perfect time... well, almost perfect.

sweet so new characters we will make. and a new semester we will join :D you guys have been a ton of help, and fun.

Actually one last question. If i make twins, can i make a single sheet like i did in Fairy Tail, or do i need to make two seperate ones?

Kaine said:
Actually one last question. If i make twins, can i make a single sheet like i did in Fairy Tail, or do i need to make two seperate ones?
If they are both weapons or both meisters, one cs would be fine. If one is a weapon and one is a meister, I would prefer they be split up because we tag them based on weapon and meister.

Kaine said:
Twins!? More twins!? Hopefully they aren't as problematic as my twins...

[QUOTE="Sergeant Sass]Twins!? More twins!? Hopefully they aren't as problematic as my twins...

[/QUOTE]
aww, i didnt see any twins in the current signup (not that i looked at names which would of been obvious) So i didnt think there were any. Im sad now ;-;

Kaine said:
aww, i didnt see any twins in the current signup (not that i looked at names which would of been obvious) So i didnt think there were any. Im sad now ;-;
Alexis and Alexander Traynor... they were literally just posted because I had them in one cs originally and I had to break the coding up when the rp moved. They don't aren't supposed to fight together. Alexander's actually abusive towards his sister.

[QUOTE="Sergeant Sass]Alexis and Alexander Traynor... they were literally just posted because I had them in one cs originally and I had to break the coding up when the rp moved. They don't aren't supposed to fight together. Alexander's actually abusive towards his sister.

[/QUOTE]
well that would be fine, i was going to make identical twinsies. and probably younger, and girls.

Kaine said:
well that would be fine, i was going to make identical twinsies. and probably younger, and girls.
I think Lexie and Xander are 16 or 15 (I'm terrible at remembering minor details) and they're fraternal twins.

And they probably aren't even allowed to be in the same room together on their own at this point, now that I think about it.

Not at the moment. And, if Xander tried, he wouldn't like the results. Lexie probably won't be out anywhere unsafe on her own. Gardens with Aeryn, apartment eventually with a stronger student.

Even Captain America has to go dark side every now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back