Out of Soul Chat

OMG you should! Its such an amazing show I came in expecting generally just fun goofy insanity... and it actually started to play on my feels at moments. Mumen Rider is <3

Problem is, I'm a martial artist and I have problems with OCD. One Punch Man is just too much for my brain. I do not have the capacity to 'willing suspension of disbelief' that stuff. So it's not something I can really get into.

Problem is, I'm a martial artist and I have problems with OCD. One Punch Man is just too much for my brain. I do not have the capacity to 'willing suspension of disbelief' that stuff. So it's not something I can really get into.

So, people turning into weapons able to resonate to do special attacks if fine, but one guy throwing crazy punches is too much? :P lIts not even a Martial Arts show, there are literally people out there who have telekinesis lifting buildings and stuff and monsters that are people in many cases turning into things say a half crab monster cause he likes to eat grabs so much.   xD

tumblr_nzo6tmFCj41urod9to3_500.gif

I don't like OPM because the main character is flat and I'm unable to sympathise with him, and there's no precedent to keep watching because you can tell that the end of every episode is just him punching the big bad of the week in the face and destroying them. It's established that there is NO threat to him. There is no gravitas in anything he does, or anything anyone does to him. 

I'm not saying it's a bad show, I'm just saying it's boring, personally. 

And before you say "but it's the other characters", the anime is titled "One Punch Man", not "Other Characters in One Punch Man". False advertisement does not look good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh I'd say though is the main character your focus on every show cause I can name a lot of shows were my main draw isn't the main character but the side characters. Silly to just discredit it cause 'main character' and look at it as a whole. I mean heck, the series this roleplay is named after is Soul Eater, its named after Soul (Soul Eater Evens) yet a lot more of the focus is on Maka if anyone, Soul doesn't really even get that much of the spotlight as a character. :P  

I will say though personally I do feel for Saitama because it plays on the aspect of him being such a powerful person who wanted nothing more to be a hero but yet he doesn't get any of the fame and sense of achievement he deserves. Its to the point he is laughed at and just looked over with no one believing he did anything. It does cause me to care about him, though (despite you not liking it) it is more about the ones around him and in particular Genos gets a lot of the focus and development. I don't watch it though personally to see him win, I watch it to see what happens, with much of my suspense being typically on Genos. 

So, people turning into weapons able to resonate to do special attacks if fine, but one guy throwing crazy punches is too much? :P lIts not even a Martial Arts show, there are literally people out there who have telekinesis lifting buildings and stuff and monsters that are people in many cases turning into things say a half crab monster cause he likes to eat grabs so much.   xD

tumblr_nzo6tmFCj41urod9to3_500.gif

Soul Eater has very good explanations or things and the animation has a very original style to it. It's much different. Don't question my OCD. I don't understand it either. I know it's very popular, it's just not for me.

So... anyone happen to (like me) stumble onto fairy tail 508 talk... and find it... very very weird? Granted I dropped it a while ago when it started sadly getting a bit stale on me but still.... O.o

If you're down with it, sure.

Though I CAN go see if there are other Masters so I won't clog up the space.

@Xena Please do not post in a mission thread asking if there is room. Any questions you have should be asked in the OOC (which is here... this thread). Before you can join any mission prompt in this roleplay, you have to make a character thread using the following application: 

Then your character has to be approved by me (via PM) and then you can apply to join a mission on this forum: https://www.rpnation.com/forum/836-mission-request-board/ . 

@Rantos As soon as I'm done with this mission, I am going to go open a mission prompt and open a spot in one other mission prompt. You're welcome to sign up for one of those (there will be one spot in State of Souls and Sand Dunes and Nightmares will be completely open). Otherwise, any thread here: https://www.rpnation.com/forum/855-ic-threads/ with the tag "Location" on it is open although most people are out on mission right now. I have a few characters free who I could send to interact with you if you wanted to post in a location thread to start off though. 

@Hanarei @CelticHero37 At one point a brief while back in the OOC, there was mention of Aiko maybe pairing up with the twins in State of Souls. Is that still being considered or no?

@Xena Please do not post in a mission thread asking if there is room. Any questions you have should be asked in the OOC (which is here... this thread). Before you can join any mission prompt in this roleplay, you have to make a character thread using the following application: 

Then your character has to be approved by me (via PM) and then you can apply to join a mission on this forum: https://www.rpnation.com/forum/836-mission-request-board/ . 

@Rantos As soon as I'm done with this mission, I am going to go open a mission prompt and open a spot in one other mission prompt. You're welcome to sign up for one of those (there will be one spot in State of Souls and Sand Dunes and Nightmares will be completely open). Otherwise, any thread here: https://www.rpnation.com/forum/855-ic-threads/ with the tag "Location" on it is open although most people are out on mission right now. I have a few characters free who I could send to interact with you if you wanted to post in a location thread to start off though. 

@Hanarei @CelticHero37 At one point a brief while back in the OOC, there was mention of Aiko maybe pairing up with the twins in State of Souls. Is that still being considered or no?

Sorry, I've been here on rpn for a while, but when I came back everything had changed. I find it hard to find threads now. Thank you! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back