Out of Soul Chat

Sherlock Holmes is also a great series of writings. My dad would read them to me as a child, and that doesn't look like Sherlock Holmes. 

Poirot was a better man than Sherlock Holmes. Flat, homoerotic (not that theres anything wrong with gays), never ever developed, acted like a complete prick to Watson (more so than Poirot was to Hastings), generally an insufferable man. The worst that Poirot did to Hastings, who is with Watson as the audience surrogate, was to never reveal to him the identity of the killer in Curtains. Sherlock made Watson go through the grief of losing a friend, and then turns up going 'haha lol i tricked u for ur safety' or some other shit. 

Also, Sherlock IS a psychopath. Poirot was genuinely eccentric. 

Poirot was a better man than Sherlock Holmes. Flat, homoerotic (not that theres anything wrong with gays), never ever developed, acted like a complete prick to Watson (more so than Poirot was to Hastings), generally an insufferable man. The worst that Poirot did to Hastings, who is with Watson as the audience surrogate, was to never reveal to him the identity of the killer in Curtains. Sherlock made Watson go through the grief of losing a friend, and then turns up going 'haha lol i tricked u for ur safety' or some other shit. 

Also, Sherlock IS a psychopath. Poirot was genuinely eccentric. 

Also that TV show makes up a lot of shit that wasn't actually in the books for drama and to atttact fangirls and fanboys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um... that's the kind of disorder he had, it mames him very flat, but the way it's presented in the books actually makes it really good writing.

Only if you liked the mysteries. The mysteries are fine, to be honest, but i can never get behind Sherlock's character. 

He made 

Watson suffer through years of his purported death at Reichenbach. Imagine the guilt of it all. Any weaker man would have broken. Thank fuck that Watson was made of sterner things. And only after Mary died did Sherlock come back. Kudos to him for not being a complete dick and to know that his friend needed comfort, but still.

Meanwhile

Poirot died as he lived, wanting Hastings to figure shit out without his help, then exasperatedly giving him the answer, because he didn't want his closest aide to suffer from overthinking the whole thing, and from any guilt. He died in his sleep, peacefully, too, so not a lot of harm was done to Hasting's heart. 

I also prefer Poirot's few ruminations in most of the books, where he is lost in thought about some things. In Orient Express, the first act opens to him witnessing one of his accused committing suicide, and he goes into quite of a big BSOD for some of the book. It eventually leads to him realising that not all culprits needed to be shamed in public. It carries over to the other books, where he begins to respect the criminal's behaviours, and specifies to Hastings that hinting to the culprit to cease his actions or to turn themselves in is one of the more preferred outcomes. He gives them a chance.

Holmes rarely, if ever, has these character developing moments, and even if he does, it almost always fades into the background. Mental problem or no, it just makes him...unlikable as a character. 

On another note, it really speaks volumes if the Poirot series (which ran for 30 years!) is more faithful and more enjoyable than the Sherlock series.

Uh-Uhm...I-I...

I like...chicken?

Deep fried, steamed, or roasted?

Only if you liked the mysteries. The mysteries are fine, to be honest, but i can never get behind Sherlock's character. 

He made 

Watson suffer through years of his purported death at Reichenbach. Imagine the guilt of it all. Any weaker man would have broken. Thank fuck that Watson was made of sterner things. And only after Mary died did Sherlock come back. Kudos to him for not being a complete dick and to know that his friend needed comfort, but still.

Meanwhile

Poirot died as he lived, wanting Hastings to figure shit out without his help, then exasperatedly giving him the answer, because he didn't want his closest aide to suffer from overthinking the whole thing, and from any guilt. He died in his sleep, peacefully, too, so not a lot of harm was done to Hasting's heart. 

I also prefer Poirot's few ruminations in most of the books, where he is lost in thought about some things. In Orient Express, the first act opens to him witnessing one of his accused committing suicide, and he goes into quite of a big BSOD for some of the book. It eventually leads to him realising that not all culprits needed to be shamed in public. It carries over to the other books, where he begins to respect the criminal's behaviours, and specifies to Hastings that hinting to the culprit to cease his actions or to turn themselves in is one of the more preferred outcomes. He gives them a chance.

Holmes rarely, if ever, has these character developing moments, and even if he does, it almost always fades into the background. Mental problem or no, it just makes him...unlikable as a character. 

On another note, it really speaks volumes if the Poirot series (which ran for 30 years!) is more faithful and more enjoyable than the Sherlock series.

ALL!

@DaughterofAthena So tomorrow may not actually work for collabing. I'm supposed to help family members move most of the day, as I've been informed just recently. I have no idea when that'll be done.

Too much slacking in my mission Catching a Troublemaker. Darn it posts! Nudge me if yah need me to help lead yahs more! DArn it i wanna drive your characters crazy already and get to more fun! 

UnlimitedPokeWorks.gif

Too much slacking in my mission Catching a Troublemaker. Darn it posts! Nudge me if yah need me to help lead yahs more! DArn it i wanna drive your characters crazy already and get to more fun! 

View attachment 174038

View attachment 174038

View attachment 174038

*Raises hand for lead slowly*

@Zenaida and I are planning a collab whenever we have time to set aside to write one. 

Haha. Apparently the forums agree, since instead of duplicating my text once... it did it twice. :P

He made 

Meanwhile

The complexity of the mysteries were the point of the story, it wasn't about Sherlock's character developement.

Hey guys, I've been growing out my hair for a while and was having a hard time finding a good hairstyle, that is until I started watching Markiplier again. I think I'm gonna do that with blonde highlights.

When the satanic ritual goes wrong:

tumblr_inline_mgiwp9DtHB1qed9sb.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back