Out-of-Character Chat

Lexielai said:
Hey! So since you guys seemed a bit interested in the trivia, I'll hit you up with a more relevant one. Don't worry, it's easy!
2) Which real-life figure was the namesake of the leader of the Red Tide, Dr. King?
I got this one. It's Snoop Dogg

Well done!

@Mad Prince of Sanity Gold medal to you. Cookie for you @Peaceswore

Dr. King's name was inspired by one of the great leaders of the Civil Rights Movement in the United States: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. However, Dr. King's methods were not. Here's some harder trivia.

3) Which real-life figure was Dr. King's methods inspired by? (Hint: Dr. King first used peaceful protest, but finding it didn't work, resorted to violence)

No cheating!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lexielai said:
Well done!

Dr. King's name was inspired by one of the great leaders of the Civil Rights Movement in the United States: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. However, Dr. King's methods were not. Here's some harder trivia.

3) Which real-life figure was Dr. King's methods inspired by? (Hint: Dr. King first used peaceful protest, but finding it didn't work, resorted to violence)

No cheating!
Malcolm X?

Lexielai said:
Well done!

No cheating!
I believe Kick-Ass Muhatma Gahndi is the correct answer. Now this isn't the normal Gahndi either, THIS one has a black-belt in country leveling-tier martial arts.

Lexielai said:
Well done!

No cheating!
Nah yeah it was ghandi and his independence movement in India in which he used passive resistance to gain freedom. Also he probably got something from snoop Dogg, and don't even say he wasn't born then, snoop knows everything. Snoop is omnipotent

Nope!

While some of you are on the right track—Martin Luther King Jr. was inspired by Gandhi—Dr. King in our roleplay was not! Neither did Malcolm X use significant violence, though critics claimed he was advocating it.

The correct answer is...

Nelson Mandela! Another famous Civil Rights figure that ended the practice of apartheid in South Africa. Although initially inspired by Gandhi's example and committed to non-violent protest, he later engaged in violence and sabotage against the government.

Lexielai said:
Nope!
While some of you are on the right track—Martin Luther King Jr. was inspired by Gandhi—Dr. King in our roleplay was not! Neither did Malcolm X use significant violence, though critics claimed he was advocating it.

The correct answer is...

Nelson Mandela! Another famous Civil Rights figure that ended the practice of apartheid in South Africa. Although initially inspired by Gandhi's example and committed to non-violent protest, he later engaged in violence and sabotage against the government.
Pretty sure Mandela also smoked a ton of ganja. Just sayin.

Well...judging from the King post, this is a lot like Captain America: Civil War.

"The best hands are our own." - Captain America. I feel like this sums up the direction all my wizards are going to go.

shadowdude505 said:
Well...judging from the King post, this is a lot like Captain America: Civil War.
"The best hands are our own." - Captain America. I feel like this sums up the direction all my wizards are going to go.
I think different. I think the post makes it less like Civil Wars, honestly. In Captain America: Civil Wars, there really isn't a side that's for violence. Neither side wants to fight. Whereas in that post, I think it was pretty clear that the king's thoughts revealed that he ordered violence from Crime Sorciere.

DaughterofAthena said:
I think different. I think the post makes it less like Civil Wars, honestly. In Captain America: Civil Wars, there really isn't a side that's for violence. Neither side wants to fight. Whereas in that post, I think it was pretty clear that the king's thoughts revealed that he ordered violence from Crime Sorciere.
Well... the quote still works.

Alright guys, I had a really cool idea for Bailey's magic and I wanted to see what you thought and get some feedback (this is for a power up after the 1 year time skip). So I was thinking the other day "what is density?" and I realized density is mass per unit of volume. Bailey's magic works by increasing his mass, therefore changing the ratio and increasing his density. I was thinking, what if you could change volume? @shadowdude505 since you've been on that captain America kick, think of it like Ant Man's ability. His magic would increase or decrease volume, thereby changing his density. Wouldn't technically be a new type of magic just a new application of the same magic. What do you guys think?

BlackknifeVane said:
Alright guys, I had a really cool idea for Bailey's magic and I wanted to see what you thought and get some feedback (this is for a power up after the 1 year time skip). So I was thinking the other day "what is density?" and I realized density is mass per unit of volume. Bailey's magic works by increasing his mass, therefore changing the ratio and increasing his density. I was thinking, what if you could change volume? @shadowdude505 since you've been on that captain America kick, think of it like Ant Man's ability. His magic would increase or decrease volume, thereby changing his density. Wouldn't technically be a new type of magic just a new application of the same magic. What do you guys think?
So like Makarov's Giant magic?

BlackknifeVane said:
Yeah, but not on that scale. Just think Ant Man.
So he could only make his whole body giant for a couple of minutes? Cool.

In other news, I'm really tempted to make a character (not for anything specific) who has Nakama as a last name.

Edit: Or maybe even first name. Wouldn't that get confusing in a shonen style fandom RP xD

shadowdude505 said:
In other news, I'm really tempted to make a character (not for anything specific) who has Nakama as a last name.

Edit: Or maybe even first name. Wouldn't that get confusing in a shonen style fandom RP xD
Nakama Ohana

shadowdude505 said:

I dun get it.... o_o

[QUOTE="Mad Prince of Sanity]I dun get it.... o_o

[/QUOTE]
AllHailDago said:
Nakama Ohana
*Points to Dago's post* How about now Prince of Mad Sanity?

one_piece_nakama-1290949.jpg

cc6924e4bfedbaa0c13d760793624399.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back