[OOC Thread] The Whispering Meadow [The Lawgivers]

TherealBrickwall said:
To be nice, I'm not gonna look at the spoilers, but they're totally lighting the church on fire, aren't they?
Nonsense... who would do such a thing... :roll:

Apologies for the newbie question, but how will we be handling rolls? Is there a dice roller function integrated in the forums or we'll use some other method?

I must say also that I don't have a problem, in case Bardlebee wants to take care of all our rolls.

Apologies for the newbie question, but how will we be handling rolls? Is there a dice roller function integrated in the forums or we'll use some other method?
I must say also that I don't have a problem, in case Bardlebee wants to take care of all our rolls.
Yeah, is there a dice roller function? That would make life easier. I suppose I will take care of rolls, but I need to find a good roller.

There is no built in roller. Here are some good online dice rollers.

invisiblecastle has a very simple dice roller, which simply rolls the dice you tell it to, and displays the numbers. Unfortunately, they made it so you are required to enter a name every time, which bogs down the speed.

Mike Tilly's Exalted Dice Roller is a wonderful resource for rolling dice in Exalted. Counts successes for you while still displaying the dice results, and also lets you set the target number and decide whether or not to count 10s twice. It's only useful for Exalted (and maybe New World of Darkness, if you remember to keep setting the target number to 8, uncheck count 10s twice, and do rerolls manually), but it's really good for it.

I wanted to update, but didn't have the combat map ready, so I updated anyway... I will throw a map up in a few hours... make your actions even if its not your initiative so that I can do everyones action. Unless you guys know a better way.

Might wanna re-read the silhouette flying pedestal scene, I edited it for flare like 5 times.....

I often remember the cool special effects but not character orientation. Also, if you are confused on what happened....

JUSTICE happened.

cyl said:
Ach sorry everyone busy to death today will update this evening ! :|
Meh, like I said I am not doing initiative in order. Everyone will basically say their action in game and I will have it happen in that order of initiative they are in. If something happens that counteracts the action they were going to take, then we can change it, but most of the time that rarely happens.

Unless... that is a plan of failure, which is possible.

Tourmaline said:
About how much talking can you do in one tick and still fire an arrow?
Officially, about as much as you can talk in a couple seconds. Which isn't much. Maybe a sentence.

But If you aren't into realism, then probably however much you want. Just don't expect to get a dice action out of it.

Called shots are External Penalties (takes away from successes), not Internal Penalties (takes away from dice). This is why you should never attempt them without Charms.

So yeah, when I said ill update with a map in an hour or so yesterday... I got home and it is apparently going to be down until Sunday for whatever reason... outtage basically... sorry guys I was hoping we would chop through this combat by Monday :( update Sunday night I guess.. whether I like it or not.

This post was via phone :P

Myllinnia said:
np ^^ I shall patiently wait.
Ok kids, JUST got my internet back. I am in class though so my furry O' typing would disturb it, so I will submit an update tonight at some point, then we can go back to 2, maybe 3 updates a day :D

Bah don't bother with excuses... nobody's gonna blame you for taking time off for any reason at all especially not if they're IRL !

cyl said:
Bah don't bother with excuses... nobody's gonna blame you for taking time off for any reason at all especially not if they're IRL !
It was cold and dark without the internet. I forgot what it was like :D

Bardlebee said:
cyl said:
The combat post will be late because Bardlebee needs to spend some time curled up in bed with his ethernet cable crying deeply. Game will return to normal shortly. :P

Making fun of the ST while playing a mortal hero about to fight a dragon blooded - not the best of ideas :twisted:

I'm trying to find a nice pic with this quote, but can't find it yet !

Tourmaline said:
Bardlebee said:
I feel your pain, man. Internet deprivation is a terrible, terrible thing.
I was to lazy to put the letter "S" into the soldier squares, you'll figure it out :P

cyl said:
Making fun of the ST while playing a mortal hero about to fight a dragon blooded - not the best of ideas :twisted:
How about a picture of being flung around on a piece of wood on a rope through a hole of broken glass surrounded by fire straight into some guy with a grenade?

Because, you know, that's what's actually happening :P

(I am going to have the shortest-lived RPG character ever)

TherealBrickwall said:
cyl said:
How about a picture of being flung around on a piece of wood on a rope through a hole of broken glass surrounded by fire straight into some guy with a grenade?

Because, you know, that's what's actually happening :P

(I am going to have the shortest-lived RPG character ever)
Technically, the pedestal hit the guy with the grenade and he blew up, that is why you see the skull and cross bones. The closest guy to you technically would be the one at the north side of the building so I am going to assume you mean him.

I love the fact that you're using our character pics on the combat map! It's like having virtual tabletop minis. :D

Also, Mahir is shooting at one of the soldiers not currently engaged. Doesn't matter for this first turn since he missed anyway, but I learned my lesson about shooting into melee long ago. (At least without special archery abilities.) It involved a DnD game, an elven wizard with a longbow, the party's fighter, and a botch. I didn't kill him, but the party never let me forget it. >.<

"Why the hell are you carrying a bow, anyway? You're a wizard!"

"A first-level wizard! I already used all my spells for the day! And I'm an elf, I know how to use a bow."

*chorus from the table* "Not very well."

This might be Exalted, but Mahir is still mortal...

Tourmaline said:
I love the fact that you're using our character pics on the combat map! It's like having virtual tabletop minis. :D
Also, Mahir is shooting at one of the soldiers not currently engaged. Doesn't matter for this first turn since he missed anyway, but I learned my lesson about shooting into melee long ago. (At least without special archery abilities.) It involved a DnD game, an elven wizard with a longbow, the party's fighter, and a botch. I didn't kill him, but the party never let me forget it. >.<

"Why the hell are you carrying a bow, anyway? You're a wizard!"

"A first-level wizard! I already used all my spells for the day! And I'm an elf, I know how to use a bow."

*chorus from the table* "Not very well."

This might be Exalted, but Mahir is still mortal...
Thanks.... It was a rough put together, but I got the idea half way through.. next round ill post the actual doors to the church and windows... I completely forgot them. Amethyst is now locked in, looks like she will never exalt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back