[OOC Thread] [The End of the River]

kaliket said:
Everyone has amusing side scenes but me =( I'm jealous!
I'll just be satisfied with Balthazar for the time being.
You should be satisfied with getting your pics up, your background and your fan-fic written. You're the only one left, slowpoke.

Pics uploaded. And now some sillyness

werebear-why-change.jpg

I fear I'll be asking myself this question frequently.

So I'm just going to go through Resources again so that everybody's super clear. Douser, I'm using you as an example.

Tikor said:
Backgruonds cost 2xp*current level, first dot costs 2xp
Tikor said:
Resources represent a fixed income via a job or investment.
Douser said:
[X][ ][ ][ ][ ] Resources 1 (2) (Stipend from investing wages in a growing fishery)
This is great, the background is paid the proper amount of experience points and given a compelling and believable investement vehicle.

Tikor said:
At character creation you may make purchases of mundane equipment / land / slaves / mercs at your Resources+1 background in cost free of charge.
I have clarified this to:

Tikor said:
At character creation you may make purchases of mundane equipment / land / slaves / mercs totalling one hit of [Resources background level]+1 in cost without affecting your starting cash
Tikor said:
Fine mundane equipment costs 5X the listed price. Exceptional 10X and Perfect 100X.
Douser said:
Exceptional Buff Jacket, Knife
Since Douser has Resources 1, she can start with one hit of Resources 2

Buff Jackets cost Resources 1 so an exceptional one will cost 10 hits of Resources 1 (i.e. Resources 2). The knife is one hit of Resources 0. This is technically above her limit - but I'm not going to get on you guys about a Resources 0 hit or two over.

Tikor said:
you start at the level of your Resources-1 background in pocket money with 5 of 10 boxes filled in.
Douser said:
Resources 5 [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
Resources 4 [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]

Resources 3 [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]

Resources 2 [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]

Resources 1 [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
This should be

Code:
Resources 5 [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
Resources 4 [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
Resources 3 [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
Resources 2 [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
Resources 1 [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]
Resources 0 [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Which represents that she can make a limited number of small purchases such as arrows, knives, apple beer, a place on someone's floor to sleep, the crude attentions of a non-thaumaturgic healer, ect. I have made this change to Douser's sheet.

Taking advantage of the last day of tweaking and changed some of my equipment to be a little more awesome. Might add a couple more small items later today.

10 hour day made me cry (and took my time up until raid last night). I'll write up something when I get home tonight. >__< (And also get near my diceroller bookmark to update the other one.)

I've hit a busy patch. Cleaning for company (I'm getting kicked out of my room =/ ) and less time communing with my computer. I have an idea for a series of 'yes-ands' where Arnuk starts a story and then loses it, so Miep or Douser will have to join in. Working together to remember the full story. Anyone can start it and the rest will play off him/her. I may have time to kick things off. I may not.

Oh, my know-it-all likes that sort of challenge. :D Sure you want to open that up, hon? :D

Your idea sounds very fun, Arnuk, and quite fitting with the scene. I can't wait to see you take it that way (a way I didn't plan it!)

Story-round-robin sounds lovely to me (also enjoying the sudden onslaught of where did my computer time go?). Worked 9 hours yesterday and passed out on the couch... only to work 11 hours today. I'll try and get something up tonight (in both threads ><).

More tired than I expected. I'll blurb into act 1 tomorrow morning; sorry for the phayl.

<.< Would you believe I did Test of Fear before Test of Journey, and thus had not yet acquired him?

Alternately, one hell of a piggyback ride. :D

Hmmm... it appears that we have a solar visiting Act 1... *cough well good morning Balthazar cough*. Because that totally didn't throw me off or anything when I was skimming the thread... >>

You may now stunt getting down from a half-mile high tree intact, making your preparations for venturing into the Wyld, and exiting Akaba's territory.

This could be individually or as a group. If you go as a group we'll continue in the Act thread, if individually we'll continue in your individual character threads.

List of RPG gamer types

I don't know if I'm entirely satisfied with this list - I can't pinpoint myself well, but that might be from lack of self-reflection.

Which gamer type are you, which gamer type do you think I am?

What type of gamer do you think you are?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back