[OOC Thread] [The End of the River]

Tikor said:
Which gamer type are you, which gamer type do you think I am?
What type of gamer do you think you are?
I think the closest you get is the Storyteller, without the hating math -- maybe even to the extent of picking up Tactician-style mathing.

<.< I'm afraid I have distinctive Method Actor traits, but that work (even in the slow season) is pushing me out to Casual-at-Best Butt-kicker gamer. . . which isn't really appreciated. <.<

Also, totally updating the thread now that I'm home and have time to think.

Where is my completionist option! This list obviously isn't finished yet.

Perhaps I'm a little of the Power Gamer (if only for the I have to do everything option) and a bit of Casual Gamer (for the I'll fill in whatever and good god don't make me lead bits).

Also... I'm waiting for Heather to finish posting. And then I'm next up. Working on fixing up my picture... now in digital format.

Anyet said:
Also... I'm waiting for Heather to finish posting. And then I'm next up. Working on fixing up my picture... now in digital format.
Hey, I finished one...!

>.>

-_- Not the one you're talking about, though.

I'm away from the White Treatise at the moment, but I remember something about impenatrable while concentrating, so it should probably be good, Douser.

Nice shapechange fluff, Meip.

Arnuk could still fluff out his descent, but he doesn't have to.

I can start the next scene (travelling to the Middlemarches) if everyone's ok with nothing more in this one.

I'm good with whichever. I'm working some stupid 12 hour day tomorrow so I won't be home until very late anyway.

On a completely unrelated note, Gimp is my friend. And my image is finally updated... and pretty... and... well visible.

So... reading through my Wyld charms I notice that they talk about only being effective with a group of no more then magnitude 1. Umm... in English, does that include the three of us + wolf? Everything I'm seeing online is talking about mass combat and wants me to add up health levels and do some crazy math...

See the table in p.159 of Core. The three of you + Wolf count as a Mag 1 unit. This is because you have less than 30 health levels combined (not counting dying health levels, not counting the commander's hitpoints).

Really, another column in the table with 'hitpoints' in it would have made more sense.

A note on tactics. Anyet, since Miep's spirit form is an owl, do you think she'd be ahead (or above) scouting?

Yeah, I'm really kicking myself for not picking up the charm that lets me communicate things when in an animal form. I was planning on getting the wyld sensing charm up first and foremost, since that might be able to tell me more then any scouting will.

Anyet a few things about your mote pools:

You start at full: 15/15, 36/36

You take out your committments (which I would suggest come from your peripheral, you can choose to have personal Essence count towards your Anima when you spend it. Peripheral Essence always goes toward your Anima.)

7/15, 36/36

Then you've used 1 Charm at 3 motes.

7/15, 33/36.

I can't get to 7/15, 32/36.

I do mind rolling Join Battle for me. This time is isn't an issue. In the future, I will start most combats with Striking Cobra Technique.

Anyet said:
Crap, don't have the books on hand right now, how long does it take me to put armor on?
Core p.374 "Donning Armor". Minimum 30 seconds (ticks in combat time) without Charms. So I suggest fighting unarmed.

kaliket said:
I do mind rolling Join Battle for me. This time is isn't an issue. In the future, I will start most combats with Striking Cobra Technique.
This is why I usually don't roll things for people. My apologies.

kaliket said:
Since I'm already in Warform, do I have my Claws of the Silver Moon?
You mention that when you take warform, it changes the mote cost of assuming it (since it's a Gift Charm). See the Charm for details. I'll let you retcon activation here since this is the first time you've assumed war form.

I know about gifts and deciding which to activate when I tranform in to Warform.

Allow me to rephrase the question: Since I assumed warform in between Acts 1 and 2, do I have Claws of the Silver Moon? I feel like I would as a matter of principle.

Shru said:
<.< How long does it take to shift forms in battle?
Base speed is 5 iirc (its a miscellaneous action, non-Charm). Knacks can drop this dramatically, however.

kaliket said:
Allow me to rephrase the question: Since I assumed warform in between Acts 1 and 2, do I have Claws of the Silver Moon? I feel like I would as a matter of principle.
We can set your default to 'claws on, maxed' if you like. Feel free to retcon this instance however you feel Arnuk would have assumed warform.

I do apologize for not crunching out your Heart's blood forms, Douser, Meip. I'll put down Dragon Quest 6 and get to it shortly, but likely not tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back