[OOC Thread] The Briefing Room [BioHazard]

He's working on his charactersheet and likely won't throw it into the ring until he's done. But given that I do pretty much the same thing... I don't have a leg to stand on... :oops:

EDIT - also, essence 3 is in theory possible without any flaws if you do enough fanfiction and artses... :D

or take mentor....

ok think my character sheet is finished.. just needs checking... not only have I never played a MA before I've not played a DB either.... any advice would be welcome... plus I'm not sure about the realm rules for artifacts / manse / arsenal.. think i'm right.. but correct me if I'm wrong...

more to come on the background/fanfic

I think you might have misread/done arsenal...

Arsenal 3

- Resplendant Satchel of Healing (5)

- Water Dragon Armour(7)

- Celestial Wine (bottles?)

- Jade Slayer Khatar

Artifact 3 does get you 6 dots of artifacts to spend as you wish... Arsenal doesn't quite work that way... ^_^ ;

They only provide either Artifacts OR Resource Items... not both... unless you want to try to do an exchange rate of 5 dots to 40 resource points, with 1 artifact point for 8 resource points?

Haku said:
I think you might have misread/done arsenal...
Arsenal 3

- Resplendant Satchel of Healing (5)

- Water Dragon Armour(7)

- Celestial Wine (bottles?)

- Jade Slayer Khatar

Artifact 3 does get you 6 dots of artifacts to spend as you wish... Arsenal doesn't quite work that way... ^_^ ;

They only provide either Artifacts OR Resource Items... not both... unless you want to try to do an exchange rate of 5 dots to 40 resource points, with 1 artifact point for 8 resource points?
A more simple way of doing it is to simply split it up. For example, he has Arsenal 3. He decides to get 2 dots of artifacts. So he has used 1 dot of Arsenal on Artifacts. The remaining 2 dots could be converted into a number of Resources dots equal to what you'd get for Arsenal 2. Basically, its a more complicated way of simply having one Arsenal background for Aritifacts and another one for Resources :P .

Or, now that I think about it, your method works just as well, cause 8 Resource dots would equal roughly half a dot in Arsenal. -_-

As for the actual calculations you have there, Nobble:

Arsenal 3 gets you 6 dots of artifacts on loan or 40 Resource dots.

Currently you have:

-Resplendent Satchel of Healing (Artifact 5)

-Water Dragon Armor (Artifact 4)

-Jade Slayer Khatar (Artifact 2)

-Celestial Wine (Resources 5)

That's 11 dots of Artifacts and 5 dots of Resources.

I don't think one can gain a magical material bonus from Slayer Khatars, cause they only can be made from specific materials in the first place. >.>

Celestial Wine? How'd you get your hands on that? :P

thanks for the clairfication ;) will update my stuff

as for the wine it was just a question put in thing... but if it has resource level it must be able to be purchased at major cities....

my main misunderstanding was we got 6 points of artifacts for artifact 3 so i sort of assumed 10 for arsenal 3 as its normally 5....

ok... that ok now?? ;)

Eh. Do you own the Exalted 2nd Edition Core Rulebook? Check the text for Celestial Wine. It says that the only bottles of CW you'll find outside of Yu-Shan are those that have been stolen. Meaning carrying one of those around is like asking for Heaven to want to lay the smack down on your face :P . Getting it with Arsenal seems a little strange. :?

heh oops... ok sorted now.. and sorry... i read the rule books.. but some stuff just don't stick ;)

as a fyi, 5 dragon style uses Daiklaves/staight swords or dire lances/spears for signature weapons and not khatars.... unless you wanna only use your fists for attacks?

Hey Haku, just to make sure I've read the Charm description right....

(Element) Flare Defense negates all penalties affecting your DV for a single attack correct? I would assume Wound penalties an exception. Though other than that, stuff like Flurry penalties, coordinated attacks, Onslaught, etc all fall under the influence of the Charm, correct?

If there's still space, I'd gladly jump in with a character. I'll even be really really fast with the creation of it. Looking at a wood-aspect gun-bunny with a Plasma Tongue Repeater who can handle communications and assist with magitech repair stuff. >.>

I can handle 1 more player... is why I invited you in, GN... :wink:

But more magitech-able people is nice.

More magitech-able people would be great :D . You should consider picking up Dragon Armor, cause its teh shizznay.

Where is Gulup? :(

Definitely pick up Dragon Armour... considering my armour's dampening field will make anyone not wearing Dragon Armour spend more essence... >.>

Haku said:
as a fyi, 5 dragon style uses Daiklaves/staight swords or dire lances/spears for signature weapons and not khatars.... unless you wanna only use your fists for attacks?
meh... ok sorry about all these mistakes... I'll read up on a more suitable MA... Aine is mainly a brawler style Martial Artist...

Nobble said:
Haku said:
meh... ok sorry about all these mistakes... I'll read up on a more suitable MA... Aine is mainly a brawler style Martial Artist...
Well... 5 dragon style can be brawlly if used unarmed... you could try Dragonblooded Hero style... which is all about clinches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back