[OOC Thread] Kingdom of Heaven [Princes of the Earth]

ummm, any of our Illustrious Twilights is taking Craft (Magitech)? if so I might try and get a Pectoral of Resplendent Speeches (repair 2) from WoTLA.

And I'm looking at an Eclipse, and does look better prepared to change society, even if not much as a begining character. Can always try to later befriend a Lunar and learn some of their Charms :-)

ummm' date=' any of our Illustrious Twilights is taking Craft (Magitech)? if so I might try and get a Pectoral of Resplendent Speeches (repair 2) from WoTLA.[/quote']
Yep. Probably Craft (Air, Earth, Fire, Magitech), Artifact 5 (Celestial Battle Armour) and Artifact 5 (PSV). :wink:

On that note... I kinda fear that the crafting system of the codex indicates that every artifact built by exalts will all have a repair traits since apparently the art of permanence has been lost by time.

My beasties will be necessarily self-sustaining. Maintaining the more static biotech needn't be a huge problem.

Careful with your experiments though... might not be okay with everyone... though if you toy with food production, you might get some really good vibe from the people :lol:

Plan A is food production, actually. Fancier biotech can wait.

Special breeds of pig and cattle, for simplicity's sake, crops too.

Just a few guidelines:

- don't take any background supposed to reflect your position within the dominion: those will be given to you by me according to what you're doing to serve the interest of the Lord. But if you want personal background (Ressources, Contacts, Followers etc etc) that will not depend on the dominion, then you gotta buy them with BP.

- for now you can count on 30 xp. I know I'll be asking a lot from you in different fields, and you may not have enough xp to buy all abilities/charms for these at chargen. I don't want to start too high either, because I couldn't see how the system runs with near chargen characters.

If you spot any incoherencies in the canon system feel free to mention them in the appropriate thread (which I will create in a few minutes), and if you have thought about mods to correct them, fire at will.

For now we got 1:

- wound penalties that give -X die on the roll and -X penalty to DV... which means - X x2 on the dicepool which is totally stupid.

So apparently you'll be serving the dominion instead of ruling it... but sooner or later you'll be the ones ruling it. Who and how will depend on your actions and choices.

I'm still debating wether it should be a dominion of Magnitude 3 (small kingdom) or 4 (fiefdom of smaller cities& villages).

In any case, it's going to be a monarchy with an old terrestrial benevolent king and his court. When I make up my mind about the system and the dominion I'll give you all the details you need, including important npcs etc etc.

I'll need your precise roles in the dominion to determine just how much the dominion will give you as free BP and what duties will be yours. A simple soldier will not have the same advantages than a diplomat.

Strategist/general. Plans battles and wars on the long term just as well as the short therm. Think an exalted Sun Szu or Thrawn.

Just to know how is our kingdom positioned towards the whole anathema thing ?

If your terrestrial king has gathered you here, obviously he's ok with your condition and so are the people of the dominion... you have proven your loyalty / efficiency many times and depending on your status are compensated for your efforts.

If you want to write a detailed background, go ahead. You don't need to come from the dominion before you were exalted, but you spent the last 5 years serving the king.

he could just advance the timeline, ya know?

remember that if it's 5 years, even the Solars would be hard pressed to explain it, unless they somehow traveled there, or were born there, and were Exalted there.

When are those five years compared to the Empress's dissapearance ? Just for my background. (and a general idea of how much of a clusterfuck the Realm is in).

We're going to start at RY 775.

The Realm still holds, barely, nothing has evolved in the past 8 years. Deathlords plot, Faes seduce, Wyld barbarians raid, exalts are more and more appearing publicly and getting influence within the scavenger lands, and people suffer.

Everyday business, until we take center stage and actually rule the dominion. That will likely throw a wrench in some people's plans. Or at least make them stop and evaluate. So far, since the Shogunate, there has been no Solar rulers, and the Lunars have always done it from behind the scenes, and mainly in small ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back