[OOC] Team Anathema Discussion Thread [Clashing Waves]

I'm not so sure Essence Plethora is a Charm you can learn as an Eclipse, even though it's a Spirit Charm. If you can, then it doesn't make sense to me, honestly. It's like learning the Lunar/DB/Sidereal/Spirit versions of Ox-Body, IMO. Either way, Tome has the final say on it.

fhgwdads05 said:
I'm not so sure Essence Plethora is a Charm you can learn as an Eclipse, even though it's a Spirit Charm. If you can, then it doesn't make sense to me, honestly. It's like learning the Lunar/DB/Sidereal/Spirit versions of Ox-Body, IMO. Either way, Tome has the final say on it.
Blargh, still ill.

Essence Plethora? Doesn't it just add like 10 motes to your pool? There's a Solar charm that does pretty much the same thing. And a Lunar version. Take that one instead if you're desperate for motes. Just remember to take an Essence-Recovery charm if you do, 'cause I don't see you being able to do any administration in the foreseeable future.

Blargh, my head is killing me...

Wait... lunars have an essence pool boosting charm?!? :shock:

I thought it was only solars/abyssals, gods, and maybe alchemicals in 2e (definiately alchemicals in 1e)

Haku said:
Wait... lunars have an essence pool boosting charm?!? :shock:
I thought it was only solars/abyssals, gods, and maybe alchemicals in 2e (definiately alchemicals in 1e)
Yeah, it's pretty much a carbon copy of the Solar one, 'cept they get their motes for ensuring the survival of a group instead of filling out paperwork. It's next to the essence regaining charm they have, Might-Bolstering Blow or something.

EDIT Yeah, it's called Silver Lunar Restoration, and triggers off of "protecting any social or military unit from danger or dissolution".

... interesting...

I don't suppose DBs could develop some sort of variant, but only dealing with the elements?

Nuuuuu!!!

I don't wanna have to be using skin-mount hearthstone amulets for my power boosting... The interior decoration ninja are scary!

Do the Lunars need to have their Heartsblood forms approved of before changing into them? I'm not planning on a Tyrant Lizzard or something out of line, but what I think is reasonable may not be the same.

How is this for a ok list?

Totem animal: Eagle

Squid

shark (a regular sized one, not the siaka)

dolphin

giant spider

dog

snake

great cat

mospid

bear

strix

What is not a generic animal is listed in the core book pgs 346-350.

Yeah? Lets see how awesome you are when you are trapped at the top of a mile-high cliff with no way down and I turn into a eagle to fly away and leave your fishy butt behind!

Not that I'd do that, but it would be fun to think about... :twisted:

Sherwood said:
Lets see how awesome you are when you are trapped at the top of a mile-high cliff
Why, Five would simply leap off, enjoying the feel of the wind until about halfway down, at which point she would angle her body and take out her wavecleaver, driving it into the rock face so that as it cuts a gash through the hard stone it gradually slows her descent until she lightly touches down at the bottom.

Then she would pause for a smoke before activating her anima power and running/hopping away after you at high speed.

:P

I've never been a big fan of shapeshifting. I perfer to walk and interact with mortals and it seems in my tabletop group the prefered method of travel is always flying around as a flock of seagulls... :(

Shapeshifting is not just good for travel... combat, spying, carrying stuff, hell even disguising one self to interact with other natives of creation...

I understand that. It's just that the constant utilitarianism of shapeshifting makes it seem far less than awesome to me. The newest player of the group though doesn't have any forms and doesn't want to get any. He just isn't interested in shapeshifting other than DBT.

Hey Lane, I don't believe we can see the Whiskers. I think Aleph said he had them hidden under a cloth wrapped around his face/mouth area.

As for shape-shifting, there are many different takes on it. It all really depends on the personality of your character. Even the player Lane mentioned has a perfectly valid philosophy, that the shapeshifting powers are meant for use in battle.

I didn't see that. Oh well, I guess I'm just perceptive. But they're 4 inch metal spikes so it shouldn't be too hard to see something is up behind a mask.

I didn't see that. Oh well' date=' I guess I'm just perceptive. But they're 4 inch metal spikes so it shouldn't be too hard to see something is up behind a mask.[/quote']
Yeah, I was wondering how he could possibly conceal them myself :P . I guess he could do it, it would just hurt like the dickens :D .

fhgwdads05 said:
I didn't see that. Oh well' date=' I guess I'm just perceptive. But they're 4 inch metal spikes so it shouldn't be too hard to see something is up behind a mask.[/quote']
Yeah, I was wondering how he could possibly conceal them myself :P . I guess he could do it, it would just hurt like the dickens :D .
It does... it has one committed HL to it. I guess someone could probably see there are pointy things on the scarf* over my face (maybe piercings?), but they probably wouldn't notice that they are magical Orichalcum needles that hide me from stuff.

And you know what is interesting? He notices my whiskers but has no problem with the fact that the lady helping us in combat is... well... a shark (and that is no figure of speech). :P

*Is that thing my avatar is wearing called a scarf? I guess I don't speak enough English to give it any other name.

You could call it a scarf, but scarfs are more traditionally made of thick material, such as wool, and only worn in cold weather. I would just call it a cloth of some sort.

I think we just think of scarfs as being more for protection in the cold, etc because it's not our custom to wear them over the mouth otherwise. A veil probably works too. Or even a scarf veil mask! :)

I finally posted Theran's backstory. >.>

The description of his appearance will be up sometime later tonight. But for now, I must drink and be merry! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back