• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy OOC for Shifting Shadows

xD Yeah, I usually write more then I have been :P Just add a bit more about your surrounding and your characters thoughts and that should make it better (<3)

@GoodJobDino Were you coming up to Rowan and Damian or Markus. Because you responded to Markus, but then said that you went over to them.... I'm just a little confused since the pair are all the way across the street and Markus is with your character and Noah.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pinging everyone here to remind you to subscribe to the Out of Character tab (and more - keep reading). Each tab has to be subscribed to if you want notifications for a new post. This one is a must. I'm also going to quote a few of the rules, just to be sure you guys see what I'm looking for and realize that I'm super nice, but won't hesitate to give you the boot if you can't follow them. Please don't be the one to kill my play. I'll cry at your doorstep every single day for the rest of our lives if you do. ( ;) )

I put a lot of work into my plays and characters. I can't stress enough that this is meant to be more laid back than not, but I don't intend this to be a quick fix for beginners. I want lots of character and story development for all involved and I want this to last for a while. I want this to be epic, and amazing, and something we can look back on and be proud of. Sound good for everyone? If you aren't interested in that sort of thing, it's no big deal, just let me know and I'll remove you so that there's room for players who are here to have fun, but also be serious in composing their posts and improving all around. ♥ I don't want to be a stickler, but I also want to be sure you guys have read the rules, because I feel like I'm consistently having to tell people to do that. If we all follow them (and seriously they're really simple) we'll all have a lot of fun here. ^_^

@Still Crazy @Guilded Clover @Kry @Baconhands @GoodJobDino @Fenris @SakuraTree @Shnuydude @Am2aM Is that everyone?

Keep in mind that these reminders may not even apply to you. But some of them do to some of you. No I won't call anyone out in particular, so just read them and make sure you're following along appropriately. Thanks!

" • So with that said, do try and post once a day. Multiple times is fine if you're in a character conversation, but don't post a hundred times. We'll lose slower players who don't want to read your 10+ posts of dialogue. Slower players, it isn't okay to only post every few days. If you are only able to reply a couple of times a week, this play is not for you. If you will be away, place your character appropriately and let us know. We'll give you an easy update when you return so you can hop back in easily! "

To clarify - I want everyone to post once a day. This doesn't apply if you're too busy, too tired, working, testing, just can't get into it that day, etc. Everyone has RL things, gets tired, etc. But if you're someone who consistently can't make a post often enough and we're always having to poke at you and wait on you, you're going to get left behind or even removed. You also need to be considerate of the players who are doing the one post a day minimum. If there's someone who hasn't posted, don't keep posting all day. It will be too much for the other players and they'll lose interest or become overwhelmed. Yes, make a few posts, no, don't make a hundred.

" • You must be literate to join. No one liners. One to two paragraphs minimum is required for posting. Beyond that is up to you. You must contribute to the story. If you can't spit out a couple of paragraphs without hassle, you're in the wrong play. "

To clarify - Just because I say "No one liners", it's not okay to just do two either. You need to bring some sustenance to the story. Help us create this world and give us something to imagine and respond to. I require a DETAILED paragraph at the absolute minimum. Understand that I tend to write a chapter when I get into a story, but didn't want this story to be "detailed" to the point that others wouldn't play. I'm trying awfully hard to keep my posts small enough to keep you guys interested. Meet me halfway, please.

" • Same goes for text talk. If u typ lyke dis and can't use a period, I will find you and punch you in the throat. "

To clarify - That also includes capitalizing the beginnings of your sentences, using periods and capitalizing names, places and 'I'. It's so incredibly confusing to have to decipher a post because it's lacking those things. No one's perfect and we all make mistakes, but for the love of God, actually try.

" • Post in the third person, so we're all on the same page. No exceptions. "

To clarify - Past tense. As if your character has already done those things. Not as if they're currently doing them.

If your character is paying for chips at a store, you might say: Jared picks up his chips and then he sets them down and looks up at the cashier and puts his money on the counter. "I want these" he says and he sighs.

No. *swats you with a newspaper* I'm going to give you an example of not only third person, but of how you can simply bulk your post as well.

Jared picked up a bag of his favorite chips; a salty sour blend of lemon lime. He moved to the counter lazily and dropped them onto the counter to dig for the spare change in his pants pocket. "75 cents," the cashier grumbled, obviously loving his job. Jared dropped the change into the cashier's hand with a sigh, before picking up the bag of chips and exiting the store.

Hope the quick lesson helps. I'm going to refer you guys to this exact post when I see that you need the reminder. No worries if it's hard to do, I'm only trying to help.
^_^ (You should have seen me when I first started RP - I was a buffoon. So I'm just trying to help you improve. Lord knows I could use improvement as well.) I might require less in a jump-in styled play, and no I don't feel that you guys need a ton of unnecessary fluff, but try to give us something to imagine. Help us get to know your character and the situations they're in and have been through.

I really don't feel like I'm asking you guys to jump through a ring of fire here. Post something with spunk, make sure you aren't the only one who can read it, and we'll be good. I didn't want to make the rules too detailed and overwhelming to say that one simple thing. But here we are. Let's all have fun okay? But please don't treat my pride and joy like a text message.

Respond to this thread and let me know that you "got it" or that you "understand". I need to know that you guys have ALL actually read these this time. As I had to remind almost everyone to make sure they were read before I accepted their profiles, and it still seems some may not have. Let me know if you still have questions, or if you need any help. I promise I never have to do this, and hope to not have to overwhelm you guys like this eevvver again. ♥ Don't make this overly complicated peeps.

*really could have been avoided if the rules were followed in the first place*

Love you all! ♥

I gotchu grrl. Tehe.

Also, was wondering if (I hope I didn't simply read over it at some point) does this city have a name?

Thanks, dude!

GoodJobDino said:
I gotchu grrl. Tehe.
Also, was wondering if (I hope I didn't simply read over it at some point) does this city have a name?
You know, I was trying to think of one when I made the play, but I'm HORRIBLE at making city names. So I just refer to it as "city". But it does need a name. Any suggestions!?

I'm sure I will think of one soon. I work third shift and usually end up with 1 or 2 hours of downtime to just write and shtuff. (Where some of my NPCs come from)

Thanks for everything.

OHHH NAMING PLACES ARE FUN. Although I'm not very good at it. Should it be like a dark name or a cutesy name? xD

When I get some bored-down time I'm going to add some NPCs as well that everyone can use. I keep forgetting that the catacombs are a thing.

It should definitely not be cutesy, lol.

poppet said:
" • Post in the third person, so we're all on the same page. No exceptions. "

To clarify - Past tense. As if your character has already done those things. Not as if they're currently doing them.

If your character is paying for chips at a store, you might say: Jared picks up his chips and then he sets them down and looks up at the cashier and puts his money on the counter. "I want these" he says and he sighs.

No. *swats you with a newspaper* I'm going to give you an example of not only third person, but of how you can simply bulk your post as well.

Jared picked up a bag of his favorite chips; a salty sour blend of lemon lime. He moved to the counter lazily and dropped them onto the counter to dig for the spare change in his pants pocket. "75 cents," the cashier grumbled, obviously loving his job. Jared dropped the change into the cashier's hand with a sigh, before picking up the bag of chips and exiting the store.
@SakuraTree Refresh yourself lovebug. ♥

Lol! Don't hide! It's an easy fix. ♥ Does the quote above make sense? If not I can help you out. I got your back.

xD Chicago. I do like Bonifay! I'll put it on the list and we'll take a vote when we get a couple more ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back