OOC Discussion

[QUOTE="The Blue Element]
:o Remember me Welian? I just got on skype after like a month or so of not touching it and I saw the message! Is the RP still accepting? Or is it too far in now?

[/QUOTE]
It will open again in the 8th, right after the snowball fight ^^

You have one week xD

Evenin' all. Sorry to intrude, but Weli mentioned some of you were interested in giving traditional roleplaying a go.

To that end, I'm extending an invitation to anyone here who feels like giving it a try - I know it may seem intimidating, especially some of the weirder material I like to use, but I'll do my best to walk you through the process.

For the moment, I've got at least two space open in this: Fantasy - Vehiculum Furtus Maximo: Pandemonium

Which is definitely on the weirder end of the scale, but it gives you a lot of room to flex your creativity. And any relevant material is free because I wrote it.

Alternatively, I do have some very short RP scenarios practically designed for first-timers. Assuming I get a sincere commitment from five people (because they're designed to function with five character fulfilling specific narrative roles) I can run one of those - they're mostly slow-paced, high-intensity modern horror. These also have the advantage of pre-made characters, which means you don't have to engage to heavily with the system at first, and you don't need to do all the reading.

That's one thing, you see - the settings for these things are typically so well-defined there's some reading required so you have context for your character. The scenarios are meant to let you jump right in, more or less. Hrm, Tribunal is set up that way, if you prefer something more fantastical.

On the other hand, I do have this right here which has a plethora of examples of what I could run. Essentially if four or five of you approached me and said 'oh, we like this one - will you run it?' I probably would.

So, that's my pitch! Sorry if it's a little overwhelming; I can always come back a little later with a definitive 'Newbs Get In Here' RP ready to roll.

Feel free to PM me or spam my profile or post in any of those threads, rather than clutter things up in here.

Thank you, Grey!!

I definitely encourage anyone in here who wants to see what a REAL dice system looks like, to check out Grey's stuff.

Grey said:
So, that's my pitch! Sorry if it's a little overwhelming; I can always come back a little later with a definitive 'Newbs Get In Here' RP ready to roll.
Yeah that does seem kinda complicated, I like some stuff but hey, I never played D&D or anything and I'm not even sure what classes do what! @.@ I would read the Crucible thingy but I can't right now (it just looks too weird on the cellphone and it also likes to crash for no reason... I really miss having a computer.)

If you ever do make a 'Newbies here' thing do let me know ^^ I'm up for anything less complicated, I'm just REALLY rusty with the RP stuff so, baby steps for me~

I appreciate your announcement tho ^^

@Grey I am very interested in one of the smaller ones. It has been about 12 years since I did dice, so there is a lot of dust to shake off. Let me know if you end up going with one of those.

Pssst team red, dont post at all and I'll give you likes for all ur posts.

U wnna kno how rare a seemjay like is? Pretty fkin rare, I tell you wot. So dont post k

simj22 said:
U wnna kno how rare a seemjay like is? Pretty fkin rare, I tell you wot. So dont post k
Do I get likes if I don't freeze Bruno's organs?

Last edited by a moderator:
simj22 said:
do i get likes for throwing snowballs mercilessly at the poor hobbling cripple boy?

[QUOTE="The Blue Element]
:o Remember me Welian? I just got on skype after like a month or so of not touching it and I saw the message! Is the RP still accepting? Or is it too far in now?

[/QUOTE]
Of course I remember you! I wish I still had your phone number, I switched phones and my contacts couldn't transfer. Like the others have said, I'm taking in a new batch of players on the 8th (Tuesday) so post a profile then. <3

welian said:
I want them bleeding and cryin', am I clear?
In the end, it was my own character who bled...

Just a reminder that the BLUE TEAM is on the clock for the next 34.5 hours (ending Sunday at 11:59pm EST)

Ok - for the remainder of the event, if you do not put the name of your target in the FOR box when rolling, it will not count. I'm tired of trying to figure out exactly who is throwing at whom when they put in garbage like "Throwing at the Korean" or "Throwing at the blue haired person".

Please just put character names or use RPN names idc which.

No name = no credit

Thank you.

Hello! I was pointed here by Necessity4Fun, as you may know them. I am interested in joining when this snowball fight is over. I've written up an application, but I can't find this code testing thing that's been mentioned. Could someone please point me in that direction? I would be much obliged. :D

[QUOTE="Bag o Fruit]Hello! I was pointed here by Necessity4Fun, as you may know them. I am interested in joining when this snowball fight is over. I've written up an application, but I can't find this code testing thing that's been mentioned. Could someone please point me in that direction? I would be much obliged. :D

[/QUOTE]
Coding for Character creation is listed in the Orange tabs of Character sign-up. The role play is accepting new person's as of Tuesday 8. However, if you wanted to, you could always post the finished/fully coded, profile once you are done so that other members can provide feedback and fine tuning. This will assist into getting you into the active role play that much fast. Welcome and looking forward to having you.

[QUOTE="Bag o Fruit]Hello! I was pointed here by Necessity4Fun, as you may know them. I am interested in joining when this snowball fight is over. I've written up an application, but I can't find this code testing thing that's been mentioned. Could someone please point me in that direction? I would be much obliged. :D

[/QUOTE]
OMG Sam Sam, In the home page there is a thread called "My Private Workshop". You can create a thread there with the code so you can keep editing it until you think it's fine!

If you're still confused comment on my profile instead of here xD

Sorry guys about that, Sam is a little lost :33

@Bag o Fruit aaaalso be sure to go to the dropdown at the top bar (where it has ur avatar and name next to ur inbox) and select preferences then search for and uncheck the box where it says "use rich text editor etc etc etc"

Okay, I think I have a final draft of my application written up. Looking forward to your input, because I have no doubt I messed up the formatting somewhere...

KRAVITZ, CHRISTOPHER

• Full NameChristopher Markus Kravitz
    CodenameN/A
    GenderM
    Age18
    RankB
    RoleStudent
    SubjectN/A
    RaceWhite, slightly Asian
    Eyes Blue
    Hair Black
    Height5'8"
    BuildThin but muscular
    LimiterLevel 2, active

[QUOTE="Bag o Fruit]KRAVITZ, CHRISTOPHER
    CodenameN/A
    GenderM
    Age18
    RankB
    RoleStudent
    SubjectN/A
    Eyes Blue
    Hair Black
    Height5'8"
    BuildThin but muscular
    LimiterLevel 2, active

[/QUOTE]
shhhhh

wait till march 8th

(repost the profile then)

@Bag o Fruit Just a tip - in the power stats, 1 is below human average, 2 is human average, 3 is above human average

Anything about 3 is superpowered level

Also, if your power is purely mind based, I'd suggest shifting more points into Willpower.

EDIT: Oh and, Intelligence might go well with the awareness

[QUOTE="Bag o Fruit]KRAVITZ, CHRISTOPHER
    CodenameN/A
    GenderM
    Age18
    RankB
    RoleStudent
    SubjectN/A
    Eyes Blue
    Hair Black
    Height5'8"
    BuildThin but muscular
    LimiterLevel 2, active

[/QUOTE]
Great start, I am a little confused on the powers part. I think, I kind of understand what you are going for but the information seems contradicting almost overly so, creating a lot of loopholes. If he has the average abilities of a man, then that would suggest that while he can figure out a way to lift massive amounts of weight and or attempt dodge bullets he is still average. So with this being an extreme intuitiveness, I would assume this comes from a genius mind point of view, correct? Like Sherlock Holmes on steroids, if you may?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back