[One Piece: Eternal Quest] The Mess Room

I'm going to say that Vogol probably has a small baked goods stand at the midnight market, where he sells the bread and cakes that he makes. He's probably at least minorly well-known, simply because it's hard to ignore the enormous purple orca peddling cake.

God that's a funny image. I'll stick up the first thread tomorrow round 4-ish. But I'm in Melbourne, utc+10, so whenever that is for you guys.

Ah, okay, cool. So by my reckoning, if you meant 4PM, which I assume you did since expecting you to post at 4AM is sorta crazy, that means it'll be around 1AM US central time when you post.

Probably should have brought this up earlier but was hoping there would be the two ships to chose from to alleviate the issue without causing fuss.

From the interest check it said you were looking for a crew similar to the good nature of the Straw Hat pirates, I am just a little worried about the ease with which some of the characters kill people. In the series people can pretty much only die in flashback after all (at least around the beginning). Now if we are going down the killing route I just want to know as I will probably need to make a few little changes so Ellie would actually join up.

Eh, I think that you guys are going to be a bit more kill happy than the One Piece crew, but I expected that. More because some characters survive more than they really should and doing non lethal damage requires you guys to take penalty to your attack rolls. I don't think you'll be rampaging and pillaging, just killing those that start a fight with you.

Can always take the M&M route of saying all damage is non-lethal if not stated otherwise. But like I say if that is the route I shall just make some changes.

Kasheal said:
Probably should have brought this up earlier but was hoping there would be the two ships to chose from to alleviate the issue without causing fuss.
From the interest check it said you were looking for a crew similar to the good nature of the Straw Hat pirates, I am just a little worried about the ease with which some of the characters kill people. In the series people can pretty much only die in flashback after all (at least around the beginning). Now if we are going down the killing route I just want to know as I will probably need to make a few little changes so Ellie would actually join up.
What are you talking about? More people get killed in the start than ever. I mean, first Zorro murder 90% of Arlongs crew while hurt and then before the Alabaster arc he murders like 100 bounty hunters who wants his head. Most of the bad guys die as well in the fights.

Well yeah. Perception is skewed because you don't values the mooks. But yeah, people died. Mostly because of Zoro, but he is the bounty hunter.

ThatSmellyGoblin said:
What are you talking about? More people get killed in the start than ever. I mean, first Zorro murder 90% of Arlongs crew while hurt and then before the Alabaster arc he murders like 100 bounty hunters who wants his head. Most of the bad guys die as well in the fights.
Yeah, honestly, Luffy is the only person in the Straw Hats without a decent body count and with moral qualms about killing.

Also, Robin has killed more people than anyone in the crew. Her ability "Clutch" is literally snapping peoples necks and or spines.

I mean, he's got a slingshot. He's probably killed a few people whilst using the canon, but how lethal can a slingshot be? (Apparently its more effective than a pistol tho)

One Piece is actually pretty brutal when it comes to killing off baddies. Pretty much the only ones the main cast fights that comes out of it alive are those that are important for future plot and those we see in the minor character shorts in the manga like the one about Hacchi's travels, Enel's trip to the moon and Django and Fullbody's disco time. Arlong and don Krieg for example i'm pretty sure are stone dead.

Edit: Scratch that, Krieg is alive and Arlong didn't die in the anime, in the manga it's more ambiguous.

You make a good point with the edit there, a lot less death happens in the anime compared to the manga. That's true of most manga/anime anyway. And usopp is a lot more dangerous now that he has pop greens, he can literally make man-eating plants at will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back