• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Noragami: Descending Darkness

I was trying to list legal sites but I'm guilty as charged

I use watchcartoonsonline.com

Apologies I'll get to them tonight. I was occupied with school yesterday and I just got off work. First off I want to be sure everybody read the rules yes???

Of course we read the rules. Who do think we are?

...Hang on, not epic enough. Let's try that again...

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?

gurren-lagann-25-large-38.jpg

@Ian Temero

Love your character. Although I am slightly hesitant about her ability for Shadow Control. Knowing how most gods would think, their minds are limitless which means with Kokoro they will be more overpowered than they are now. Mmmm I mean the ability is fine I just want a defined limit. I know it says the limit is on the mind of the god and her but it can become overpowerful. Otherwise she's lovely in her sour way~

@Celebi

Is his name Kiroki or Hiroki?

And for the sake of Shinki names, could you perhaps take off the 'ki' at the end?

I believe the 'ki' ending is what signifies the Shinki name.

Alright I'll be continuing the acceptance process tomorrow. I'm tired and can barely decipher the letters in front of me. But to those who have WIP on their CS, I am not looking at them until they are complete. I will be tagging all those who need to complete their sheet tomorrow. I would like the sheets done as soon as possible. I may have already possible pairings.

LifeNovel said:
@Ian Temero
Love your character. Although I am slightly hesitant about her ability for Shadow Control. Knowing how most gods would think, their minds are limitless which means with Kokoro they will be more overpowered than they are now. Mmmm I mean the ability is fine I just want a defined limit. I know it says the limit is on the mind of the god and her but it can become overpowerful. Otherwise she's lovely in her sour way~
Ah. I knew that I was forgetting something.

What I've added for limits are...

1) Can not become complex mechanisms, like cars or guns.

2) Can not separate pieces from herself. So can not become a projectile weapon.

3) Can not extend more than about ten feet from her god

LifeNovel said:
@Celebi
Is his name Kiroki or Hiroki?

And for the sake of Shinki names, could you perhaps take off the 'ki' at the end?

I believe the 'ki' ending is what signifies the Shinki name.
I can confirm that all vessel names end in ki. Curious as to why this is, I did a bit of research, and discovered something interesting. The kanji used for ki in this case 器 means Device.

LifeNovel said:
Apologies I'll get to them tonight. I was occupied with school yesterday and I just got off work. First off I want to be sure everybody read the rules yes???
First thing I do before looking into an rp (except for looking at what it is about).

[QUOTE="Ian Temero]On further research, the naming scheme for Shinki is freaking complicated!

[/QUOTE]
I know, right? I went to research on Shinki`s to find their powers and I find gods need to be born knowing about 3 different languages.

No but seriously...

I'm going to use Yukine as my example.

Yukine is simply his nickname, ne (音 sound) is his clan name

His actual human name is Yuki (雪 snow)

(雪 snow) can also be pronounced Setsu, which is his vessel name

When you add ki (器 device) to the end of setsu (雪 snow) it becomes his Shinki name, Sekki (雪器) (I don't understand how it works, but the "tsu" runs into the next consonant to make the kk)

Yea, complicated.

Now let's use Kokoro as an example. For this let's say her god gave her the clan name of Mi (美 beautiful).

Her new name would become Kokoromi, though her true name would still remain Kokoro (心 heart, spirit)

Using this site (Look at the "reading" tab and use google translate or something) I found that (心 heart, spirit) can also be pronounced Shin, which becomes her vessel name

Add ki (器 device) to Shin (心 heart, spirit) and her Shinki name becomes... Shinki (心器) (not to be confused with Shinki (神器 God device))

COMPLICATED!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I did look into that and for the sake of simplicity we'll probably pick a prefix Japanese name with a meaning similar to their personality and attach the ki to it.

Okay, procrastination is coming to a end... time to write.

LifeNovel said:
Yeah I did look into that and for the sake of simplicity we'll probably pick a prefix Japanese name with a meaning similar to their personality and attach the ki to it.
u4xmk.jpg

Wow

I never really look into it but it is conplicated.

They also incorporate the chinese character usually

Somehow idk

@Idea

Were you perhaps going to finish the abilities of the Shinki? And could you describe what exactly that equipment can do? I have a feeling it maybe similar to Ian's character.

@Shot25

Glad you're interested! I'm glad you're signing up for a Shinki but I do have minimum requirement paragraphs for some to see the development of the character especially the Biography since it's basically their whole lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back