Newcomers...

Counter...

• You're here and alive?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay! We be fragments of your imagination

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well that’s quite the greeting. :shock: I think I could like it here. So is the general sense of foreboding and doom normal or is that just me?

Archivist said:
Well that’s quite the greeting. :shock: I think I could like it here. So is the general sense of foreboding and doom normal or is that just me?
Hahahahaha... it's just you. We're pretty easy going here.

No, the sense of doom is a natural thing for all to expierence in this board. 8)

Greetings all, new member here.

I'm a long time gamer, only got into Exalted in the past 2 years. I've played the role of Storyteller a number of times before, but I've actually only had one single session, two scenes, as a player before (at the end of which my character was horribly killed off), which is something I hope to remedy.

Sherwood said:
No, the sense of doom is a natural thing for all to expierence in this board. 8)
That's good, I'm in favor of doom, you know, as a general policy.

Hey there! I'm new. :V

I saw mention of raksha for one campaign that's LFG; and I decided i'd give the whole play-by-post idea a shot. I've done some IRC games, so i'm not a total newbie. Aaaand...yeah. I dunno what else to say!

Hello,

Another new guy here. I'm a little new to pbp with Exalted though I've done it with other stuff. Aside from that just hoping I can get into a game or two after which I might build up the courage to try and start one myself.

Much like I was a month or so ago...

If you don't mind me asking, what's your avatar? It looks vaguely familiar, but I can't quite place it.

Welcome welcome...

MorkaisChosen said:
If you don't mind me asking, what's your avatar? It looks vaguely familiar, but I can't quite place it.
looks like immortals from 300

Haku said:
Welcome welcome...
MorkaisChosen said:
looks like immortals from 300
Definitely immortals from 300.

That or my new Abyssal concept... :wink:

Ah, right, thanks guys.

'Cause my immediate thought was "That looks like a Grolim."

That'll mean nothing to those of you that haven't read the Belgariad, but oh well...

I am a bit, yeah.

Only one other thing to say about that: the Sword of the Rivan King. Massive, only possible to lift because of magic, and has a magic rock set in the hilt. Sound familiar?

Well, I think the Orb is a bit more powerful then a hearthstone. By just a bit. But yeah, the grand daiklave comparison is pretty overt. Of course with the Sword of the Rivan King, it's a nearly unimportant sword attached to a stone of power as opposed to the other way around. Even if it is made of starmetal.

The Orb of Aldur

Hearthstone Level N/A

Manse: All Creation. All of it. No, I'm not exaggerating. If anything it's being reduced in scope.

Fluff:

As the solidifcation of the original fundamental purpose of Creation, the Orb contains all all the power contained in the ultimate direction of the world. It will submit to the hand of only a complete innocent, or one who embodies that purpose. Any one else, including all Exalts tainted by the great curse, instantly suffers 50 levels of aggravated damage upon touching it, and this repeats every tick there after.

Mechanics:

The Orb automatically pays any attunement cost for any artifact it is emplaced in, and reduces minimum strengh to 1. All weapons gain the Holy tag, automatically doing aggravated damage to CoD. Attached to armor, it imposes an unnatural mental influence on CoD who attack the bearer to turn and flee. This is mechanically identical to the Dawn Caste Anima effect, and stacks there with. This may be resisted for 2 Limit.

More importantly, any essence user who wields the Orb of Aldur may treat their Permanent Essence as a 10. This is an Obvious and Holy effect.

Note: I'm a bit of an Eddings fan too.

So the idea is to raise a complete innocent mortal awakaen his essence and hope he doesn't carve up your ass after you hand him that thing.

Wow thats a lot of trust ;)

Or certainty in your own purity/purpose.

Wuffy said:
So the idea is to raise a complete innocent mortal awakaen his essence and hope he doesn't carve up your ass after you hand him that thing.

That's not far from the antagonist's plan in the books we've nicked this from...

I like the Holy effect on adding it to armour, I'd forgotten about that bit.

MorkaisChosen said:
Wuffy said:

That's not far from the antagonist's plan in the books we've nicked this from...
Yep! Really, you've just about called the metaplot.

MorkaisChosen said:
I like the Holy effect on adding it to armour, I'd forgotten about that bit.
And lo, he unveiled his shield, and Torak was all like, "Ah! My eyes! The goggles, they do nothing." And then Brand stabbed him through the head.

Users who are viewing this thread