Newcomers...

Counter...

• You're here and alive?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay! We be fragments of your imagination

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey everyone. Been searching for Exalted games for a while and stumbled across these forums...so yeah. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jack. I'm from the States (not so proud of that one, currently) and have been interested in Exalted for a while. I purchased the 2nd Ed rules and read the setting, loved it, and have been itching to put it to my role playing grinding wheel for a while now.

I'm majoring in Computer Science at an undisclosed location (Small but good school, and I'm a security whore, so I don't want any old web crawler to just pick up my location and so on.) I enjoy hiking, Russian Kettle Bell Training, and martial arts of all kinds. I also do programming from HTML all the way to C++/Java.

I used to RP on Yahoo a looong time ago, back when this old relic called T1 was around. I'll not bore you with the details, but suffice to say the only way to over come an opponent is for them to concede to defeat. This lead to long battles of intricate detail when fights did occur, and often meant literally days of fighting until one side or the other gave up through attrition.

I first got into roleplaying with ADnD Second Edition. It was roleplaying back then, because I didn't understand a bit of the rules. Years passed, the rules mattered more as I learned them, and eventually went through a "The rules are important" stage.

I am now in recovery, and know that the rules are not anywhere near as important as I once thought, but can be if they are transparent.

End of Rant. Hope to see you all around!

Welcome Arctic, it seems we have a lot in common.

I started with ADnD. I am into computers, although not up to par compared with you at this time. I understand Russian to a basic level, as I am out of practice. I am from the US and not all that proud of certain things about it at the time. I understand being touchy about security due to my job. And I used to RP on Yahoo a lot way back when. And I enjoy Martial Arts immensely. I earned my Black Belt in Tae Kown Do while I was in South Korea. Mind you, I need to get back into it and would prefer Aikido.

Hope you enjoy gaming with us and I think there is a new game opening as we speak. Otherwise take a look at the existing games and give the respective STs a hello and ask if they have any openings for a new character.

Hello Arctic,

Damn I wish I was agile enough to learn tae kwon do, but since I wasn't I had to focus on what I was good at: clinches and ground fighting, also known as Jiu jitsu (its brazilian form actually).

Anyone has tried KFM 'round here ? Since I've watched the bonuses on Batman Begins, and went through the site, I've been wanting to see what their training looks like...

Actaully, there's a place around here thats certified as an authentic Aikido place, that would be cool. Currently, though, I have only taken Non-Classical Wing Chun, or Tsun, or Tsung. The guy I studied under didn't really care how it was spelled. He was a student of Dan Inosonto, and tought me over the course of a summer in Oregon.

For anyone interested, with minor experience with any martial art, and a willingness to train, the Tao of Jeet Kun Do is an excellent MA resource. Basically a collaboration of ideas by Bruce Lee on martial arts. It focuses on adaptability and training. Apparently, Bruce was right up there with most in the Russian world of thought when it comes to martial arts, the best way to fight, is to fight a lot, and to train like a freaking madman.

I used to go to Fred Kwok's kick boxing class along with the wing chun in vancouver before they moved to a different studio... :D

But that was years ago... and I have been defeated by the flab... :roll: :oops:

I know linking is probably discouraged, but since all of you who have expressed interest in the Martial Arts (in any way) are the high cheese of the forum, I figured I'd share the community that I believe is composed of today's fittest all around bad asses. My father in law followed any number of the methods of training that are presented in the webring that this site is a part of, and over 2 years, he has become easily 5x as strong as I am, starting from being a 300+ pound, overweight man who did ZERO minutes of exercise each day.

I'm lazy, and when I do work out (which will be increasing as will my efforts at University, as I realized recently I play computer games way too much.) I want as much bang for my buck as possible. I hate running for long times, and doing tiresome, extremely repetitive routines.

These guys(and girls!) don't do that. The workouts/ideas they present are a science, and although some of them are big and bulky, others are not. And ALL of them are strong. I'm not trying to sell anything here, and as a point, I suggest reading the forums before investing anything in any of the stuff. The site has a lot of advertisements geared toward those who already do this sort of thing, so pay attention when your navigating around. If you guys don't want this link up here, feel free to delete this post.

These guys are as close to Exalted as your likely to find on earth, though. And most all of them have earned a name for themselves as being insanely strong as well as flexible and resilient. I'll stop preaching now, as you can look for yourselves or delete this if you feel it inappropriate. (Or, move it from the introductions, but since it was for you guys interested in MA, I figured you'd see it first if I put it here where we were talking.)

http://www.dragondoor.com

Hello! I'm Talisman. Thanks for having me :)

I'm bio-degradeable, hypo-allergenic, available in a range of designer colours, I possess no small parts that may break off and cause a child to choke and I'm fully recycleable.

I'm also dead spooky, yeah. Rar, and whatnot.

As an aside, out of curiosity I took a look at the Clashing Waves image thread. Now I'm sobbing like a little girl, because that was a fifteen course meal of coolness and it should never have taken me so long to find this place :)

Haku abuses the image threads until they fit Haku's idea of cool. Which IS cool, undoubtedly, you'll just notice that all the pics that make you go "whoa, three dice" are Haku's :P

LOL at Gatherer's comments. So true, so very true. And it's usually followed by a flurry of comment to nobody in particular about how that pic was yoinked before you could post it, and other derivatives.

Welcome to the forums Talisman. We're glad to have you here.

only CERTAIN images, Haku :lol: <strikethrough>should we ask what you've been up to when you're NOT stealing our image-related stunt dice?</strikethrough>

Welcome Arctic and Talisman, btw :)

EDIT: unfortunately, this version of phpBB doesn't seem to have a strikethrough tag, so I'll just have to declare the INTENT of this edit rather than actually do it.

Better yet, let's not ask. That way we don't have to find out.

I mean, I've got a good guess, but I just don't want him posting examples.

Users who are viewing this thread