New Version of Anathema

By the by:

• The Equipment DB does not have a numerical field to attach the stat for the Overwhelming attribute ATM.
  • The character generator does not take into account newline-characters when dealing with the description field from the Equipment database.

This in combination with how uteck has entered equipment results in some wierdness. For instance, when selecting the Grand Goremaul in the character generator, the entry reads:

"Attune: 85 overwhelming (which we can all agree it is ;) ).", though it should read "Attune: 8. 5 overwhelming".

Similarly various page refs, which were separate with a newline from some state are appended directly onto the previous stat. I've remedied this in my own copy by simply putting a space-character at the end of a row.

Some simple sorting would also be highly desirable, as the equipment list is currently apparently random. One can jump through all equipment starting with a certain letter by pressing said letter, but some order is really needed.

Overwhelming: Yeah, yeah. I know I am lazy. :)

Newlines: Nice finding, thank you.

Uteck: I'm not responsible for his stuff. I only use it for testing the stats, never looked at text.

Too tired for long essays

-Urs

Right/left click drag is a non-issue since characters had to support the same interface and have Charms learnable by left click. Either it will work at both ends, or it won't.

UrsKR said:
Overwhelming: Yeah, yeah. I know I am lazy. :)
I was pretty sure you knew about it already, yes :) . But without a comprehensive list of known bugs available, I try not to assume. Or try to state assumptions when I make such.

UrsKR said:
Uteck: I'm not responsible for his stuff. I only use it for testing the stats, never looked at text.
I am aware of this as well. :) I have already PM:ed him about this, and some other stuff that might be helpful.

UrsKR said:
Right/left click drag is a non-issue since characters had to support the same interface and have Charms learnable by left click. Either it will work at both ends, or it won't.
Ah yes. Forgot about that. How about using single-click for learning Charms, and double for entering the Detailed View then?

• Range statistic for ranged weapons?
  • On the subject of sorting; a simple sort by alphabet would be very nice (almost required, as the set grows), but even better would be the option of a primary sort by a particular type of item and a secondary alphabetical sort (all items with the 'ranged' attribute. All items with the 'close' attribute etc).

Mac version is now up.

BTW, I also added the Mac version information to iusethis.com, so if you are using AppFresh to track your application versions, it should inform you of the new updates when they happen.

Urs, I suggest two enhancements:

1. When using the scroll wheel, the map should center under the mouse location. Google maps works this way. It feels unnatural otherwise.
  2. When click-dragging on an area of the the pane that is not a node or edge in the tree, it should grab and drag the pane around.
Also, the nodes in the trees still seem needlessly far apart to me.

Solfi said:
But without a comprehensive list of known bugs available, I try not to assume.
Come again?
Ah yes. Forgot about that. How about using single-click for learning Charms, and double for entering the Detailed View then?
Maybe. Not sure. Depends on how the description stuff will come along.
[*]Range statistic for ranged weapons?
Ain't it there? I thought I once printed a sheet with Range stats in it. :?:
[sorting] Maybe, yeah. Im not too enthusiastic about it, but I might have a look.

wordman said:
Mac version is now up.
Thank you!
Thanks for your suggestions, that's pretty much the result of the previous conversations I mentioned. I'll experiment with node distance a bit, but I think I like it as it is. In 2E, at least. Are you playing first edition?

UrsKR said:
Ah, see I didn't know about that tracker page, I just checked the Anathema home, not the Sourceforge stuff. The questions that follows then are, should we (your adoring public ;) ) enter stuff we qualify as bugs there, and is the type of stuff I've been bothering you with such minutiae as not be counted as bugs in the first place?

UrsKR said:
Maybe. Not sure. Depends on how the description stuff will come along.
Well, that way, there would be minimal changes to the cascade browsing "flow" so to speak.

UrsKR said:
Ain't it there? I thought I once printed a sheet with Range stats in it. :?:
Nope. No ranged statistic. Neither to enter in the Equipment DB, nor on the output-sheet. No Attune-statistic either (whether that's deliberate or not).

UrsKR said:
[sorting] Maybe, yeah. Im not too enthusiastic about it, but I might have a look.
It is definitely needed. Right now, with the amount of stuff uteck has brought in, it's a mess trying to find what your looking for.

[bugs] Enter away. Even better: Register with sf.net, then enter them. Maybe you could think whether it's really a bug or more of a feature request (sorting equipment, for instance, would be a feature request to me.)

Well, that way, there would be minimal changes to the cascade browsing "flow" so to speak.
That I doubt, simply because it meant that you single-handedly had found the optimal solution to the problem. You're close, that's sure, but there might be better solutions once we experience the thing first hand. Anyway, I meant that I can't say yet what form Sandra's work on descriptions will take and when it takes a form I can interact with.
[Range]Bummer. Sorry. Will investigate whether there's a reason, but I seriously doubt it.

[sorting]Uteck, Schmuteck (Sorry :) ). I get your point. :D

Over here, we play with a rather limited set of characters at one point, and with little equipment, so there's no need for sorting stuff. That's why it isn't there right now.

UrsKR said:
[bugs] Enter away. Even better: Register with sf.net, then enter them. Maybe you could think whether it's really a bug or more of a feature request (sorting equipment, for instance, would be a feature request to me.)
Will do :) .

UrsKR said:
That I doubt, simply because it meant that you single-handedly had found the optimal solution to the problem. You're close, that's sure, but there might be better solutions once we experience the thing first hand. Anyway, I meant that I can't say yet what form Sandra's work on descriptions will take and when it takes a form I can interact with.
I did say *minimal* (not optimal) changes to the *current* flow (again, not a supposed optimal likewise).

UrsKR said:
[Range]Bummer. Sorry. Will investigate whether there's a reason, but I seriously doubt it.
no biggie. Just wanted to draw attention to it.

UrsKR said:
[sorting]Uteck, Schmuteck (Sorry :) ). I get your point. :D
Over here, we play with a rather limited set of characters at one point, and with little equipment, so there's no need for sorting stuff. That's why it isn't there right now.
:) .

UrsKR said:
I did say *minimal* (not optimal) changes to the *current* flow (again, not a supposed optimal likewise).
Gah. My bad. I read "minimal....flow" and auto-completed the sentence to "minimal interruptions in usage flow". Of course, your suggestions might fit in snuggly.

no biggie. Just wanted to draw attention to it.
Could you check again? On my system, in  near-mint Anathema 1.2 code, the range box shows up in the second row, second colum of the ranged weapon dialogue.

Zoom to center done. Just so you know I actually listened to all of you. :D

'Unique Event-Detector has reached "Once-In-A-Livetime"-Level. Please evacuate the boards.'

Your right, my bad. There it was, all nice and snug and missable :) .

UrsKR said:
Zoom to center done. Just so you know I actually listened to all of you. :D
Sweet!   :D

If I get any, I'll be sure to start pestering you about it :) .

...but seriously, the only reason range had me confused was because I noted some of uteck's stuff had range in the description field, and when I tried locating the field in the 'ranged'-section instead, I couldn't (obviously, I missed it).

And before you ask, uteck had put those range-stats in the description field because there was something non-standard about the object. Like those gauntlets that allow you to punch someone at distance for instance... Though I suppose he could have statted a 'ranged'-field for them, with identical stats as the 'close' one, except for having a range.

Where can I find Uteck's equipment plugin? I would love to avoid having to plug in all the weapons and such everytime I decide on using something new.

I just sent him an spelling-checked version of the same. Give me your mail, and I'll send you the same.

I spent the weekend using Solfi's corrections and added in stuff from Scroll of the Mook along with adding general detail stuff like book and page numbers for items that did not have it.  Except for stuff from the main book.  

I think about adding 1e power combat and items from the source books, but that's as far as it gets.  If there is demand for them I can try to work up the energy to enter them.

Link to the database in is in the sig and remember that this will overwrite the version you have and lose any changes you made.

Has anyone made a plugin for the Immaculate Martial Arts?

It's nice that we can make Dynasts now, but it's a real bummer than the Dragon styles are missing.

Flagg said:
Has anyone made a plugin for the Immaculate Martial Arts?
It's nice that we can make Dynasts now, but it's a real bummer than the Dragon styles are missing.
This is on my personal list of things to do in the near future unless someone beats me to it first.

I also noticed that ALL Celestial MA Charms are non-selectable by DBs, including the requisite initiation Charms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back