New Version of Anathema

wordman said:
On the mac, since there is no "Anathema Folder" per se, this file should be in ${HOME}/Library/Application Support/Anathema/equipment.
Okay, tried looking for it, can't find it.
Found the repository though, it's just kinda sitting in the applications folder, without an equipment folder.

Ok. That's strange. Have you succeeded in saving other stuff, characters for instance?

I'll build a new beta version soonish (later today/tomorrow), and I'm sure wordman will follow up with a mac release. There have been some changes to the mac version, maybe you could give it a try. If the error persists, could you post the error message here (even if it's the same, just to be sure)?

Thank you

-Urs

I'm uploading another beta version. It should be up in 15 minutes or so.

Note that this one will not work with an existing equipment database, so it needs to be copied to an empty directory.

Same warnings as before apply: DO NOT USE if you are unsure whether you should, even if you do, save your characters and stuff somewhere. There will be stable release on October 22nd, five days from now.

Download from http://sf.net/projects/anathema, as usual.

That's all. And please report back with anything you find.

Thanks.

Thorn, pleaase give it a run once wordman is done. Thanks a lot.

Update: Thorn, wordman has been able to reproduce your bug. I hope we'll be able to fix this.

There won't be a mac release till then. (Sorry.)

Tis okay. Glad I could find stuff to be fixed though, :D

Although, the current stable release of Anathema I'm in love with. Can't wait to see more, ^-^

Wordman has been able to fix the issues and uploaded a new Mac dmg.

Do your worst, Thorn, and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

And so, finally, we're done. Anathema 1.0, with Equipment, Crafts and Languages is finally here. Marvel at Democritus art and the cool new website, if you haven't seen it yet.

Unfortunately, there are bad news as well: Due to some persons' ill behaviour, I'm sorry to report that we will shut down the project forums and feature request trackers as of now.  

Thanks for your support along the way, everyone, and have a nice weekend.

-Urs

Whoa... error alert in First Edition stuff. (Things you don't use, and so-such.)

I've taken off the release for two more ours and fixed hopefully fixed them. Should be back in a minute or so.

Doh!

Why is it I always forget to test the old stuff?  Must be the shiny new features that I was playing with, I blame Urs. :P

Looks like the new documention did not get included in the zip file so I will post it on my site until then.  Lots of changes in the program, and for people who have not used it before, hopefully this will answer most of your questions.

http://theuteck.googlepages.com/AnathemaUserGuide.pdf

Hey, I finally downloaded Anathema, and, holy crap. It's amazing. ^_^ I love it very much, you guys are going an amazing job with it.

uteck said:
Looks like the new documention did not get included in the zip file so I will post it on my site until then.  Lots of changes in the program, and for people who have not used it before, hopefully this will answer most of your questions.
Thanks, uteck. I did intentionally not include it in the .zip. I wanna do some proofreading, maybe add my own comments here and there, then upload it to the site. All in due time.

UrsKR said:
uteck said:
Thanks, uteck. I did intentionally not include it in the .zip. I wanna do some proofreading, maybe add my own comments here and there, then upload it to the site. All in due time.
I thought as much, but I was worried that people might have questions so I put it up now.  When you get done correcting it, then I'll either take it down or post the same version.  
I know equipment creation is a bit tricky until you get your brain wrapped around how it is done, especially for items that can be used more then one way.  I hope I explained it well enough.  I am open to feedback from others, so PM me if you have questions or confusion.

I spent most of the day entering equipment into the database and thought I would share my work.  Keep in mind that if you entered any data yourself, then if you use mine, then you will lose your work unless you move or rename the file.

I have most items from the 2nd ed main book and Wonders of the Lost Age and I will start on 1st ed stuff latter.  If you make changes to my database, then you will not be able to use latter versions without re-entering all your changes since there is no import or export.  You can always move/rename the file to preserve them, but you can only use 1 at a time.  

So if you only need 2nd ed stuff then grab it here;

http://theuteck.googlepages.com/Equipment.yap

Okay, equipment works fine in the new version...but, for the love of all that is good and holy, scroll bars!

UrsKR said:
Whoa... error alert in First Edition stuff. (Things you don't use, and so-such.)
I've taken off the release for two more ours and fixed hopefully fixed them. Should be back in a minute or so.
I just found another as I was starting to enter 1st ed equipment.  I can't set the speed below 1, or set negative numbers.  I'll have to hold off on entering the 1st ed stuff till latter.

Plus I have to figure out a naming convention for things, since it can only have 1 item with the same name.  Putting a '1e' or '1pc' in the name will work, but then it prints with that name on the character sheet also, which I find a bit displeasing.

uteck said:
Plus I have to figure out a naming convention for things, since it can only have 1 item with the same name.  Putting a '1e' or '1pc' in the name will work, but then it prints with that name on the character sheet also, which I find a bit displeasing.
Why would this be necessary? You can just attach multiple rule sets to the same item, can't you? In other words, a "Daiklave" entry can have all three kinds of stats (1e, 1pc, 2e) at the same time, it seemed to me.

Mac version is up, btw.

Doh!

I thought it would overwrite things doing that, but after testing it did not.  I'll have to add that tidbit to the documention, thanks wordman.  

Unfortunately I can't set the speed below 1 for the 1st ed items and most are speed 0 or negative.  Or perhaps I have missed something obvious again?  I tried typing -1, but it will not allow anything besides positive numbers.

Na, no speed lower than one. Again, first edition rules got lost in the bog of Exalted rules that passes for my head. In 2E, speed has to be larger than 0.

Will have to wait for the next version, then, if nothing major comes up.

UrsKR said:
wordman said:
Mac version is up, btw.
Just saw it on the project page. Does it display the "Command" key for the menu hotkeys as you wished for?
Yep.

Now that the "task" stuff is disabled on SF, where should feature requests go? I'd like to add a request for the ability to import equipment files (i.e. merge files from others into my own file).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back