New Version of Anathema

Dodge DV, indeed, is wrong. No rounding, though, we just forgot to ignore Perm. Essence for Mortals.

However, Join Battle? There's no rounding involved in adding two numbers, and from what I've seen it's what I expect it to be.

And now, go on, make your Solar Sheet. Then come back and tell.

-Urs

Mac bundling of 0.11 has now been posted. Sorry for the delay. Hard-drive died on me. Again.

sf.net is down and up and down again from time to time. Bear with them, they usually come back within 6 hours. Right now, everything seems to be alright.

Public Beta Announcement

At the usual place I just released a beta version of our upcoming release, Anathema 1.0.

If you don't know whether you should download it, you shouldn't. (Wait for the final release two weeks from now, on October 22nd. )

There might be errors within. Do NOT use it with your active characters without copying them first, lest they become corrupted.

If you encounter any errors, slips or anything you think should be improved (within reason), report it immediately, using any means necessary, up to and including private email, even you previously reported it - chances are we just forgot to fix it.

We depend on you to make the final release stable and enjoyable for everyone.

EDIT: Democritus mentioned that finding the Beta isn't as simple as I presumed. Go to http://sf.net/projects/anathema as usual, then in the files-section look for the "unstable"-package.

Thanks for your help!

-Urs

Mac bundle of 1.0-rc1 now up as well. New icon. Fixed JVM problem. Also, your Anathema data will now default to be in ~/Library/Application Support/Anathema.

Only one problem encountered so far, and that's the Equipment.

Can't use it at all, other than natural attacks

You mean, you cannot open the database to add new items? Do you get some kind of error message?

I just can figure it out...how do I add new stuff? The only stuff I can edit is whether or not to include natural weaponry

EDIT:Scratch that, figured it out...sorry!

EDIT 2: Okay, now it won't let me save equipment. I get the following

java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sf.anathema.character.equipment.impl.item.model.EquipmentTemplateEditModel.setEditTemplate(EquipmentTemplateEditModel.java:50)

at net.sf.anathema.character.equipment.item.SaveEquipmentTemplateAction.execute(SaveEquipmentTemplateAction.java:69)

at net.disy.commons.swing.action.SmartAction.actionPerformed(SmartAction.java:107)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1882)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2202)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:420)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:234)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5562)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3093)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5327)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2010)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4029)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2068)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3877)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4256)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3936)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3866)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2054)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1766)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3877)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:267)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:196)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:190)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:182)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

Whoa. Error alert. To the code cave!

You're in the database screen and click the save button when the error occurs?

Can you trace your steps from "Start Equipment Database" up to that point? What did you enter, what fields did you leave blank?

Just take me by the hand and show me what you did before it happened, if you still remember.

EDIT: My first guess is that you didn't enter a name for you new item. (Though I believed we thought of that.)

I did enter a name for an item. I tried making something simple, the stats for a Daiklaive in Power Combat.

Name: Daiklaive

Description: Didn't enter one, perhaps this is the problem?

Composition:Single Material, Variable

Ruleset:1st Edition, Power Combat

The stats I entered were Offensive:Close Combat; Name: Daiklaive; Speed 7;Accuracy 3; Damage 6 Lethal; Defence 2; Rate 5. I saved that stuff, and tried saving it to the database, and that error came up

Hm. Doesn't seem to happen here. It sure isn't related to the description, that one is completely optional.

If you try the exact same procedure again, does the error occur again?

It maybe something with permissions perhaps, or were the data is being saved to?  I am not sure what changes went into the Mac version, but it may being trying to save the data in an inaccessible file since the Mac and Linux versions currently have the problem with the default repository path.

Unlikely.

Anathema shouldn't start without a suitable repository location, and *should* explicitly say so. It's hard to test such things without deliberately breaking my system.

The exception indicates that the database is there, but the data that's read from it is NULL instead of the item he just saved. Just to make sure I'm not totally off, could you check whether there is a file "equipment.yap" in

[AnathemaFolder]/repository/equipment? (Or, if you changed your repository folder, in [RepositoryFolder]/equipment)

UrsKR said:
Just to make sure I'm not totally off, could you check whether there is a file "equipment.yap" in
[AnathemaFolder]/repository/equipment? (Or, if you changed your repository folder, in [RepositoryFolder]/equipment)
On the mac, since there is no "Anathema Folder" per se, this file should be in ${HOME}/Library/Application Support/Anathema/equipment.

Ok, thank you.

Did you use wordman's pre-packed Mac version, or the standard .zip?

Wordman, could this be related to the issues you reported with repository and defaultrepository / users not having access to the default-location on the Mac?

That's more than enough to say. Thanks.

(No need to read them all. It's "New Version" - "Rocks" - "But there is a bug" - "Fixed" - "New Version" ad nauseam.

Thorn, if you find the time, could you please look for the file and send it to me via email? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back