New Lunar Book

Yay! Just got mine! And now I won't really have time to properly read through it until sunday... it's torture I tell you!

... oh, well. I haven't really read through the Wyld book yet anyway (which I am thoroughly enjoying thus far btw).

Solfi said:
(which I am thoroughly enjoying thus far btw).
Wait 'til you get to the part about winged Dragon-Blooded.

WEAK.

amazon?  shhheeeiiittt.  Walmart is where its at.  Ordered mine on Tuesday and Im expecting it to come tomorrow on Friday...lastest Monday.  $22 total.  

And Im still wondering about this Harmonious Jade business.

... after flipping through mine briefly, I'd say he's talking about one of the chapter intro comics. HJ gets schooled by a Lunar. No biggie.

I'm more concerned about the last comic and what Lillith is *actually* up to when it comes to Desus (Swan).

Hah!  I thought I didn't see an image with an assload of nipple rings!  I did however, see the bizarre chimera pic with 3 breasts...   :P

Vanman said:
I, like Dracogryff, ordered the book from Amazon. At first, delivery was scheduled for the 7th through the 10th. Now it's the 12th through the 18th!!!!!!! That's almost two weeks!!!!!!
Those motherless fucks just did the same to me.

My Pinky ring will be buying mine this afternoon... I will have it in my hands by 6pm and will thusly ignore my player's endless plight to try and see my new book... and then I will instead of monotoring them, read my book... I'm very excited.

Flagg said:
Vanman said:
I, like Dracogryff, ordered the book from Amazon. At first, delivery was scheduled for the 7th through the 10th. Now it's the 12th through the 18th!!!!!!! That's almost two weeks!!!!!!
Those motherless fucks just did the same to me.
Well, I did get notice that it's been actually shipped. Estimated date is the 11th. But I've had a couple of things go missing in the post. I certainly hope it doesn't happen this time.

But at least it's in the post.....

*shrugs* I have an ETA of the 12th to the 14th, myself. It shipped yesterday, according to them. So hopefully by friday next week I'll be able to revamp some of my 1E characters into what they should have been... *chuckles*

Re: regeneration

does somebody can point out where is regeneration covered in the new book?
It sort of isn't. Regeneration appears to have been severely nerfed. There are no longer gifts that do so (since gifts have been eliminated). Instead, Bruise-Relief Method (pg. 159) is an instant that heals 1 level of bashing per mote. If you know this charm and activate DBT, you can commit two motes to regenerate one bashing level per action.

Halting the Scarlet Flow (pg. 160), a successor to the previously mentioned charm, is an instant that heals 1 lethal per 2m. It does not contain riders for use with DBT.

There are some rules on pg. 137 that being under DBT does, however, allow healing of wounds that normal healing wouldn't normally cover, like regenerating limbs and so on. In interpret this to mean that, if you take a lethal wound that cuts your arm off, out side of DBT, Halting the Scarlet Flow could heal the damage, but not the limb, while in DBT, Halting the Scarlet Flow would do both. You'd think Halting the Scarlet Flow would say this, however.

In any case, that's it. You want better regen, you have to become a chimera, so you can rebuild your body from a drop of blood (pg.205).

well, i think i'm going the way it was showed in the STC. heal 4 bashing and a lethal everey other action

is there other interpretations on this?

Personally, I think basing any rate on "per action" is a little funky. This means a Lunar doing a relatively fast action (attacking at Speed 2) heals faster than a Lunar doing a slower action (activating a Simple Charm).

I guess there's less tick accounting to be done than making it something like "X levels every 5 ticks", but just barely.

IMHO, I think the new book is far more balanced.  While yes, the stupidly over-the-top regeneration is only found on Chimeras... they did give Lunars some more meaningful charms.  My favorites I found, was the Fury one.  That 'Fury' state is pretty freaking cool, when you start looking through all the charms tagged 'Fury-OK' and take into consideration that for 3 extra motes you can chain any of them (up to your essence) with the Fury!   :twisted:  No combo needed.  

There's also the charm where you can commit 3 motes to keep yourself from suffering an incapacitated, effectively keeping you alive so long as you commit those motes (indefinite duration).  But, when you stop committing them, you immediately un-commit ALL the motes, and suffer the effects.  If only one 'death' was committed, then you're immediately reduced to Incapacitated.  For each beyond that, you start taking 'dying' boxes.  Can make for some VERY interesting characters who've effectively cheated death so much, that they can't stop or else they will effectively die instantaneously.

What I like is that there is Fury for battle, and a social equivalent and so forth...it's a more equal opportunity charm set. Not completely DBT or death.

Hmmm...now whether to create a custom Sexy Catgirl Transformation...like DBT, only boost socials instead... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back