• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Never Go Back [Zombie RP]

Jupiter said:
I'm not going to get started with anything, sorry, at the moment I'm with a group that has a pregnant lady and four teenagers, and our leader is inside a house checking it out, they're probably all hungry and tired and honestly I wouldn't say that any of my characters would go running towards a gas station that is probably a few miles away (especially when they're, like I said, hungry and tired with a pregnant lady who can't really go very far) while it's almost dark when they could stay in a house that doesn't have the risk of being hoarded by zombies due to light and noise. In honesty I would say that my characters, Ivy and Archie, would probably avoid going in that direction entirely considering this is the apocalypse and their goal is to stay alive rather than to get hoarded to save someone they don't even know, being realistic here an' all. Sorry :/
Wow, Vivian sounds like a Mom in this post. "Four teens and a pregnant lady." xD But she's too young for that lolol

Yay! I'm so excited! I'll go fill out the sheet. From the bits that ive read, is there.. Two groups? Can you place me somewhere that you think I will fit?

@Shimakage Thunder Were you planning on something specific being in the cabin? Or were you just trying to move the plot along...? ^^;

ThatOneCrazyPerson said:
@Shimakage Thunder Were you planning on something specific being in the cabin? Or were you just trying to move the plot along...? ^^;
Moving the plot along. And you did specify that it is getting dark. It wouldn't make sense for them to travel in the dark. Now if there was a working vehicle, sure, let's travel 24/7. I just wanted our group to have a safe place to rest, that's all. And as for what is found on the other side of that door...I'll leave that up to you. You're creative, I'm sure you will come up with a fantastic scene.

@Shimakage Thunder Okay, lol ^^ I just didn't want to write something, and then you tell me you already had something in mind =P So... okay! And ahh thank you!!

Hey, so I'm gonna work on my character and what not. I just wanna get a general census. Do you need Male or female characters or does it matter? I know some people like to have a balance of gender. -shrug-

i'll just throw eli in somewhere nearby to the first group and have them stumble across each other, if that's alright? :)

@ThatOneCrazyPerson Jack might leave Group One temporarily for supplies and meet up with Group Three in the city, join them for a bit and then get back to One alone.

I love this RP because it's about zombies, a topic I love, but also the people involved in it are extremely good at writing/staying in character. It's not "Hey, I just met you, let's be part of the same group because I blindly trust everyone," it's more of "I'm watching you because you could backstab us at any time, you seem insane."

I even see some people suggest leaving the group, as it would be in a normal zombie apocalypse. It's interesting to read everyone's posts, which cannot be said for every RP.

@JackMonroe Yeah, sorry, I only just read this post now ^^; That would make sense then, I guess I just assumed you were going to wipe the slate and pretend you never met Group One =P Feel free to depart, my good fellow! ^^

And @The Jest I know! I'm very glad/proud to have such great roleplayers here with us! ^^

As I'm writing my character sheet for my Group 3 characters, would anyone be willing to be the wife of a character I'm making instead of having me control them?

:D

So, I'm going to post for group 1 and 3 as soon as I get done with dinner and washing my hair. ( Dying it pink and purple oo lala)

it shouldn't take very long promise.

Also I was wondering is Yvette could kind of save Sam and Marks group from the streets if only for the night. By letting them into her secret hiding place. I thinking the scene would be like what Glenn did for Rick in TWD.

If you guys are up for it.

@ThatOneCrazyPerson @DrTrollinski

Sam isn't with mark right now, and they're currently hiding, and don't necessarily need saving just yet :3 Honestly, the best approach for mark is to go to him in person. He's not the kinda guy that will go somewhere after a radio call or anything like that, you know? I'd love for our characters to meet though! @PopcornandCaramel

And yeah, from what I know, the survivors in the city are meant to be in quite a dire spot, so, if they were in there for the night, perhaps something could happen to the place on the following morning to make it less safe or something? Force them out? :P @PopcornandCaramel

Makes sense. I was meaning a little later in the story. I'm not too sure how to put Yvette out there just let, seems a little forced and I made that mistake with Mitchell.

I like that idea. :) They can only stay in one place for so long. I gave Yvette such little in supplies because I wanted it to be harder for her to survive without really scavenging. Group three are gonna be a bunch of bad-asses once (if) they make it out of the city. Show everyone in group 1 and 2 how its done. Lol

@DrTrollinski

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I am going add all of Vivian's Siblings next, but I am going to spread them out into other groups.

And seeing that we have more Male Characters than Female, I will add in the two sisters first.

[QUOTE="Shimakage Thunder]Think I am going add all of Vivian's Siblings next, but I am going to spread them out into other groups.

And seeing that we have more Male Characters than Female, I will add in the two sisters first.

[/QUOTE]
Please. No more female characters in group two D:

A lot of people I've RP'ed with in Post-apocalypse are quite hardcore about it, and they've got something going about how having a lot of women present in the apocalypse is slightly unrealistic. I personally don't mind at all, but it's something that got me thinking when I first heard about it. I'd never really thought about capabilities and all that before that point xD

Sorry, I talk about a lot of random things xP

I think that's an interesting point that's brought up. The depiction of a post-apocalyptic society is usually male-based, and even I was thinking about why that is when I was making my character sheets. I didn't make a female character, not because I'm sexist, but because I wouldn't know how to put myself in the position of a female since I've never been one. I love to put myself in the position of whoever I'm RPing as, as most do, and I just don't know if I'd be able to control a female character well enough that I'd like to.

Some of my favorite characters in post-apocalyptic are females, like Ellie from The Last of Us or Michonne from The Walking Dead. And I understand females can be masculine, but there's still a female part of them that I don't know if I'd be able to capture correctly.

Sorry, just my thoughts. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back