• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Never Go Back [Zombie RP]

DrTrollinski said:
Please. No more female characters in group two D:

A lot of people I've RP'ed with in Post-apocalypse are quite hardcore about it, and they've got something going about how having a lot of women present in the apocalypse is slightly unrealistic. I personally don't mind at all, but it's something that got me thinking when I first heard about it. I'd never really thought about capabilities and all that before that point xD

Sorry, I talk about a lot of random things xP
No worries, I am spreading them into group one and three. Especially since they're related to Vivian.

[QUOTE="The Jest]I think that's an interesting point that's brought up. The depiction of a post-apocalyptic society is usually male-based, and even I was thinking about why that is when I was making my character sheets. I didn't make a female character, not because I'm sexist, but because I wouldn't know how to put myself in the position of a female since I've never been one. I love to put myself in the position of whoever I'm RPing as, as most do, and I just don't know if I'd be able to control a female character well enough that I'd like to.
Some of my favorite characters in post-apocalyptic are females, like Ellie from The Last of Us or Michonne from The Walking Dead. And I understand females can be masculine, but there's still a female part of them that I don't know if I'd be able to capture correctly.

Sorry, just my thoughts. :P

[/QUOTE]
It's not even a depiction, really. In a lot of cases it's fact, and I'm not trying to offend anyone there. Those who are more physically able and gathered are, in most cases, going to be the ones that hold out longer. It's not so much a matter of gender, but more a matter of who is more capable, and generally, in this sort of situation, no offence to anyone, the ratio of capable men and women is going to lean a lot more heavily on the men's side. Just like you said, no sexism intended, but I'm trying to think of it from a realistic perspective.

It works in a few ways, really:

- Men are generally deemed as more physically able, but of course there are exceptions

- Those who are parents are more likely to think about their children more than anyone else; this means that a lot of mothers (and fathers) will make sacrifices; this sort of numbs the population of both genders down.

- Women are more easily targeted in this sort of situation; with the fact that laws no longer exist, most people are going to see a woman as less of a threat, which means there's the targets for rape, etc. A lot of the time, if they survive the undead, you'll see women targeted a lot by male groups that like to go around and do things like that.

- This sort of applies to both genders, really, but there's the likelihood of them becoming less accustomed to violence and such, meaning that there's a weakness there.

Both men and women have their strong suits in this scenario, obviously, and I'm not trying to say that female characters are completely useless. I'm just saying that generally, they'll be the target of a lot more shit in that kind of world.

Ellie from The Last of Us is a very good example, actually. I won't give spoilers, though.

What is the rule for attacking other players? In the RP I was previously in, it was a rule that you could throw a punch at someone, but you couldn't say it hit. So fight scenes/attacks had flexibility for the victim, or could be planned out with permission. @ThatOneCrazyPerson

@ThatOneCrazyPerson @JackMonroe

So you can swing at someone, like "Sam threw a punch at Jerry" but not like "Sam clubbed Jerry across the face with a fierce punch" type of thing?

JPax42 said:
@ThatOneCrazyPerson @JackMonroe
So you can swing at someone, like "Sam threw a punch at Jerry" but not like "Sam clubbed Jerry across the face with a fierce punch" type of thing?
I believe that's what she's saying, yes :P

I mean, if you wanted to go to the effort, I suppose it's something that could be discussed with the other person over PM so you can write out them actually hitting/missing, which would be interesting. It's sort of like killing other characters, in a way. You need permission or people would get upset xD @JPax42

@JPax42 Yeah, basically! Here's a simpler version lol

What to Do

Person A lunged at Person B with the knife, slashing wildly.

What Not to Do

Person A stabbed Person B in the side, blood splattering everywhere.

Try to leave it open, and the other person will decide the outcome ^^ Unless, of course, as we stated, you've already discussed with Person B's owner and they've given the okay to be stabbed. Then feel free to write that! =)

@DrTrollinski She is technically AWOL but yes.

Edit - She can fly a plane but hasn't completed training as to not be too OP, but at the moment she's the only one in Group 1 who can fly a plane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, gonna post as soon as I get home from work around 11.

I was thinking earlier today that I'd like to get to know this group a little better.

It's always nice to have some kind of sense who's on the other side of the screen. :)

You guys can call me Jovi. I'm a patient care assistant by day. Avid roleplayer by night lol

Hah, I actually really like that idea. :)

The name's Luke, I'm still a student but I'm very much into theatre and will be majoring in it at college.

@ThatOneCrazyPerson I know you said no more characters, but since I'm already in, can I make another character who is a sort of a villain? He won't change the way the fungus infection works, but he might be involved in manipulating the infected, if that's ok?

@The Jest @PopcornandCaramel This is an awesome idea!! Thank you @PopcornandCaramel (or should I say Jovi lol) for suggesting it! I'm Chelsea (or just Chel), I'm going to be a sophmore this year, and I plan/want to be an author someday ^^ It's nice to meet you both! =D

@JPax42 Um... well, you can... but most likely they'll be put on the waiting list... =P Until somebody dies (wow that doesn't sound weird to say), any other characters will be suspended in animation =P

@ThatOneCrazyPerson - OK, I'll just hold them off, but they aren't a part of any group, and most of their actions for now will be monologues. I just need space fillers since I have one character. When someone does die, I'll make the other character do something involved with the group. That is, if this is OK with you (^.^)

Also my name's Heidi and I'm a freshman this year (Won't be 14 until September though). I don't know what I'll do with my life, probably writing or theater.

@ThatOneCrazyPerson - Thanks! I figured we could use some actual villainy in the RP rather than just gutting zombies and exploring, yknow?

@JPax42 Umm.. well, you'll have to PM me with your idea(s) for how this will play out... maybe we can discuss some stuff plot wise, and figure out what you're planning to do...? ^^;

@ThatOneCrazyPerson - Definitely! I'm not going to plan out anything completely, but I can definitely discuss a few guidelines the villain will probably route towards. Also, he might be a teeny bit overpowered, but he's basically a one-man army so I guess it's kind of balanced out. Don't worry though, I can play an extremely dislikable villain :P

@JPax42 Okay, cool! Yeah, just PM me so we can sort that out ^^ Um, okay, just depends on the definition of 'teeny'... ^^;

Also, by 'dislikable' I'm assuming you meant in terms of the characters, not us, right? That'd be bad; everyone should like the villain ^^

@ThatOneCrazyPerson Quick Question, would Vivian waking up screaming be enough to attract infected to the Cabin? Because I am thinking about having her wake up yelling because of a bad dream.

@Shimakage Thunder It really depends on when...

Right now (though I doubt she would be able to fall asleep fast enough to have a nightmare and wake up screaming atm), maybe not, seeing as we've only just entered the cabin, and the coast was just clear... Say, in three or four hours? ...Maybe. Chances are, Infected may just be wandering around at that point, and while perhaps not too many, there might be some.

ThatOneCrazyPerson said:
@Shimakage Thunder It really depends on when...
Right now (though I doubt she would be able to fall asleep fast enough to have a nightmare and wake up screaming atm), maybe not, seeing as we've only just entered the cabin, and the coast was just clear... Say, in three or four hours? ...Maybe. Chances are, Infected may just be wandering around at that point, and while perhaps not too many, there might be some.
Okay. Oh and I was hoping for more Bonding time between Carrie and Vivian ^^ If that's okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back