Naruto Rebirth: Knights OOC

I briefly ran a RWBY RP two years ago, but it didn't last very long after I kept getting sent to the hospital. I think it can work outside of a Quest format, as long as you can avoid getting stuck inside Beacon.

The problem is that everyone gets stuck at the academy and you're usually reliant on three other people to keep posting in order to move forward. So long as I have a handful of players who only need ot post a number 90% of the time, I can keep the Quest going as fast as I need it to be.

@White Masquerade

RWBY's a blank canvas for me because of how scant the lore is. It gives me a lot of room to work with, plus it has an even broader appeal than Fate. Though, I genuinely like Fate/Crossed Soul's playerbase at the moment.

@Pequeno Burraidh

Precisely why I'm opting to run this as a Quest, I don't have to worry about outlandish OCs or problematic players as most of the Quest is under my direct control. Thinking about it, my opinion may seem pretty cynical, but in my experience it seems like thes only way to keep things rolling. Admittedly, my knowledge on RWBY isn't that great so I should probably look around for someone I can bounce ideas off of.

Formatting a CS on mobile has proven to be difficult. The spacing is out of control.

The three biggest hang ups I've found for RWBY RPs is keeping people vaguely on topic, making sure non of the characters are ridiculous, and in line with point two, making sure you have proper Roleplayers that have some experience under their belt joining.

It may sound mean, but I've seen more RWBY rps fall because somebody can't understand that their character isn't magically exceptional at everything and they just try to skip their way through anything and everything like it's a field of daisies. 

I think it's because RWBY counts as one of those series that isn't actually bad, and has potential, but like Tokyo Ghoul, or SAO, and a few others who have a sizeable, caustically immature fan sub-group.

Most RWBY RPS I've seen were pretty hectic with the amount of characters and lack of control over such a big group. I think it works best with a small number of players, having two groups of four at most. It would make keeping members in line and their characters preoccupied much more manageable.

I think I had a good foundation for Dust to Dust with you and the other players. I had a long list of events to go through, including the true nature of Dust. Unfortunately, disease got in the way of that.

The problem is that everyone gets stuck at the academy and you're usually reliant on three other people to keep posting in order to move forward. So long as I have a handful of players who only need ot post a number 90% of the time, I can keep the Quest going as fast as I need it to be.

@White Masquerade

RWBY's a blank canvas for me because of how scant the lore is. It gives me a lot of room to work with, plus it has an even broader appeal than Fate. Though, I genuinely like Fate/Crossed Soul's playerbase at the moment.

@Pequeno Burraidh

Precisely why I'm opting to run this as a Quest, I don't have to worry about outlandish OCs or problematic players as most of the Quest is under my direct control. Thinking about it, my opinion may seem pretty cynical, but in my experience it seems like thes only way to keep things rolling. Admittedly, my knowledge on RWBY isn't that great so I should probably look around for someone I can bounce ideas off of.

Formatting a CS on mobile has proven to be difficult. The spacing is out of control.

Most RWBY RPS I've seen were pretty hectic with the amount of characters and lack of control over such a big group. I think it works best with a small number of players, having two groups of four at most. It would make keeping members in line and their characters preoccupied much more manageable.

I think I had a good foundation for Dust to Dust with you and the other players. I had a long list of events to go through, including the true nature of Dust. Unfortunately, disease got in the way of that.

So is there currently a fun looking RWBY RP being put together at the moment?

And GasMask, I am a few things in life. Really short and very bossy being to prime examples, but I'm also good at formulating plans and ideas, and really good at being a backboard for idea and plans. Also I know a bit about RWBY but am not sure if I know more or less than you do.

Academies usually are the enemies of progress. I think presenting the players with something unusual right out of the gate could help with that. Doing something that defies their expectations can create excitement and raise interest.

Academies usually are the enemies of progress. I think presenting the players with something unusual right out of the gate could help with that. Doing something that defies their expectations can create excitement and raise interest.

Kill off the headmaster during the welcome ceremony. Expectations will immediately fly through the roof and plot will take the most interesting course it can find!

@White Masquerade

"If you're interested in a Yin-Yang nature, it is impossible."

Doesn't apply to me and my dear Shinobu because Truth-Seeking Balls and Hamura's chakra OP ^~^

No, no that's for if you want Yin-Yang Nature

@GasMaskie

Yeah Quests are cool. I expect them to overtake Group RPs soon haha.

@Pequeno Burraidh

How come you don't boss me around Pequena? Quirk doesn't do it either. Can you please be firm with characters one time? =(.

Which Shinobu technically has. She could very easily mesealrge the nearest Truth-Seeking Orb inside her own body to act as a core that recharges her chakra just as her own body does, and she can actually make use of that Yin-Yang Nature inside those Truth-Seeking Balls without doing anything fancy with it other than drawing upon the chakra like anyone can who possesses a Truth-Seeking Ball. So >:P

Last edited by a moderator:

That sort of worked in another RWBY RP I was in where the plane crashed. Then it turned out to be a mass hallucination and the game died when things returned to normalcy before the plot could start.

@Pequeno Burraidh

Right now I'm typing up some notes for NPCs. The most notable one I have right now is a deconstruction of the edgy OC with a traumatic past. They're an all-around abrasive jerk and a lech, though they're certanly more skilled than the player-controlled Protagonist at the time. They'll probably use their traumatic past to excuse their behavior and perhaps flaunt around the fact that they're the most promising student. First name is Cole (Coal), having trouble coming up with a suitable surname and an edgy Semblance that isn't too far fetched for the setting.

Which Shinobu technically has. She could very easily mesealrge the nearest Truth-Seeking Orb inside her own body to act as a core that recharges her chakra just as her own body does, and she can actually make use of that Yin-Yang Nature inside those Truth-Seeking Balls without doing anything fancy with it other than drawing upon the chakra like anyone can who possesses a Truth-Seeking Ball. So >:P

LOL. 

uJVa0.png

@GasMaskie

Yeah Quests are cool. I expect them to overtake Group RPs soon haha.

@Pequeno Burraidh

How come you don't boss me around Pequena? Quirk doesn't do it either. Can you please be firm with characters one time? =(.

Kauri will be fairly firm. 

I had a hard time figuring him out, but he's kind of based on my favourite cousin from Texas. I've made Kauri a lot more... ahm... numb? Let's go with numb. He's like how my cousin was back when he was all angry at the world and lived in our Uncle's pub for a year lol

But Kauri is going to be a fairly firm character with how he deals with things, and while he may want to be left alone, he will have a strong hand in play for when he isn't.

That sort of worked in another RWBY RP I was in where the plane crashed. Then it turned out to be a mass hallucination and the game died when things returned to normalcy before the plot could start.

@Pequeno Burraidh

Right now I'm typing up some notes for NPCs. The most notable one I have right now is a deconstruction of the edgy OC with a traumatic past. They're an all-around abrasive jerk and a lech, though they're certanly more skilled than the player-controlled Protagonist at the time. They'll probably use their traumatic past to excuse their behavior and perhaps flaunt around the fact that they're the most promising student. First name is Cole (Coal), having trouble coming up with a suitable surname and an edgy Semblance that isn't too far fetched for the setting.

So you are making a RWBY RP then? Is so, could I have a link to check it out?

Kauri will be fairly firm. 

I had a hard time figuring him out, but he's kind of based on my favourite cousin from Texas. I've made Kauri a lot more... ahm... numb? Let's go with numb. He's like how my cousin was back when he was all angry at the world and lived in our Uncle's pub for a year lol

But Kauri is going to be a fairly firm character with how he deals with things, and while he may want to be left alone, he will have a strong hand in play for when he isn't.

So you are making a RWBY RP then? Is so, could I have a link to check it out?

Quest. Right now, I've been typing up material in my private workshop but I can PM it to you on request. Bare in mind that I've only started jotting down these concepts today so the details aren't really there. That, and my notes are just little reminders since I have the rest of the idea stewing in my mind.

Quest. Right now, I've been typing up material in my private workshop but I can PM it to you on request. Bare in mind that I've only started jotting down these concepts today so the details aren't really there. That, and my notes are just little reminders since I have the rest of the idea stewing in my mind.

Sounds fun, well if you want a backboard for ideas and the like, feel free to PM me. I'd love to have a good RWBY rp. I miss the Digimon one, and was sad when it died. I liked my set up for Wzardmon having the corrupted file and his partner having to fight for him.

giphy.gif

Face it Onee-Chan, I've so many things that I'm an exception to, and it's all because you accepted my proposal regarding lore that allowed for the existence of one Shinobu Otsutsuki who you just couldn't bring yourself to kill. Shinobu was the Sans to your Frisk. You were full of LOVE, but no matter how much you tried, you just couldn't beat her.

Like Sans would say...

tumblr_o144tmylgq1tpv105o1_500.gif

It's a beautiful day outside.

That's a shame. Having the plane crash on the way to Beacon would've been interesting. It could've worked as a nice way to get into the first test and build on future teams.

giphy.gif

Face it Onee-Chan, I've so many things that I'm an exception to, and it's all because you accepted my proposal regarding lore that allowed for the existence of one Shinobu Otsutsuki who you just couldn't bring yourself to kill. Shinobu was the Sans to your Frisk. You were full of LOVE, but no matter how much you tried, you just couldn't beat her.

Like Sans would say...

tumblr_o144tmylgq1tpv105o1_500.gif

It's a beautiful day outside.

Sans was one of the best things about Undertale. Killing him during the Genocide run was satisfying.

Sans was one of the best things about Undertale. Killing him during the Genocide run was satisfying.

I hated killing Sans. I felt soo wrong inside killing off the guy who quite literally let me kill his brother for three runs in a row thinking it was solely because I was confused and uncertain about the world. It's ironic, I'm supposed to be a Yandere type of person, yet I felt bad killing Sans. He was just to nice and funny for me to want to kill.

Sounds fun, well if you want a backboard for ideas and the like, feel free to PM me. I'd love to have a good RWBY rp. I miss the Digimon one, and was sad when it died. I liked my set up for Wzardmon having the corrupted file and his partner having to fight for him.

It was an interesting character concept that I was initially conflicted on accepting, though it ended up being better in execution than I expected. Anyways, I'll start compiling some stuff into a PM for you to look over. 

It was an interesting character concept that I was initially conflicted on accepting, though it ended up being better in execution than I expected. Anyways, I'll start compiling some stuff into a PM for you to look over. 

Heyyy, room for one more RWBY lover to try n' help out? Now I'm not the best GM nor am I anywhere near a good enough RPer, but I'd like to think I know at least a little bit about RWBY, seeing as I did host my own. (Granted it died. Like, real fast. Vei knows my pain on that one Q.Q)

I enjoyed Oyasumi Pun Pun, though it's definitely the bleakest Coming of Age story I've ever read. I kinda prefer Aku no Hana because at least that didn't come close to approaching the same dark depths as Pun Pun and his life.

@White Masquerade

Decided to start prepping a RWBY Quest, honestly the hardest part are the characters because of the Naming Rules and Semblances I have to churn out. I feel like a Quest is the only way to get a RWBY story going since RPs tend to stagnate and die off quickly because Academy RP is boring and a slog to get through. 

I really liked Aku no Hana too. Pun Pun was extraordinarily dark, but both stories resolved themselves with relatively hopeful endings. The author of Aku no Hana's Boku no Mari is also really well-written, albeit unfinished. The psychological aspects that he explores are very intriguing. 

I really liked Aku no Hana too. Pun Pun was extraordinarily dark, but both stories resolved themselves with relatively hopeful endings. The author of Aku no Hana's Boku no Mari is also really well-written, albeit unfinished. The psychological aspects that he explores are very intriguing. 

Personally, I though that Punpun's ending was more pessimistic despite the symbolism. It seemed more likely to me that after all the shit he endured he ended up so broken that he could only move forward. It seemed like death would have been a sweeter release for him instead of continuing to live on after all of it. Here's an excerpt from an interview with the author. I wouldn't take it at face-value given he also mentions how Pegasus were actually completely right in the end.

Asano: Right to the very end, I wasn’t sure how to go about doing the last chapter. Among the possibilities I’d considered, I’d thought up an ending in which Punpun dies.

–How?

Asano: Satchan’s child falls off a train station platform, Punpun goes down to save him, dies instead. It’s a very clean way to end. But I wasn’t sure if I wanted to end on such a clean note.

–What do you mean, “clean”?

Asano: It’s too clear-cut an ending for the story. It wraps it all up a little too well. Living is harder than dying, see, so I thought this was the most painful, worst possible ending for Punpun, and that’s why in the end I went with this final chapter.

Personally, I though that Punpun's ending was more pessimistic despite the symbolism. It seemed more likely to me that after all the shit he endured he ended up so broken that he could only move forward. It seemed like death would have been a sweeter release for him instead of continuing to live on after all of it.

I preferred Punpun just for that reason, haha. Even if death would have been a sweeter, easier option, Punpun didn't choose to off himself when Aiko did. Living in itself is the most suffering a human could ask for, but it's also speckled with happy, joyous moments. That Punpun had the chance to partake in those moments of happiness held the most significance to me, even as broken as he was in the end. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back