Naruto Rebirth: Knights OOC

I have a new wish, to join a Harry Potter RP with a muggle born wizard who comes from a very military family. Their most prominently used spell to fix their problems would be Accio Kalashnikov xD

Thanks. That's good to know.

@White Masquerade If a person's Kekkei Genkai is a combinaton of two natures, does that take up both of the natures they are allowed?

No it does not!

@White Masquerade

Aw, White. You made Raven a pc. Now I want to make Shinsei one...

Decisions, decisions, Quirkstar. 

I have a new wish, to join a Harry Potter RP with a muggle born wizard who comes from a very military family. Their most prominently used spell to fix their problems would be Accio Kalashnikov xD

Is this an AK47??

@White Masquerade

Norms in Tainan's army do still have chakra, but just never learned to use it/choose not use it, right? So they still can be sensed with something like the sharingan/byakugan? Otherwise, genjutsu wouldn't work on them because it works by manipulating the chakra flow of the mind...come to think of it, the Kakureyami don't have any chakra system...so shouldn't they be immune to genjutsu?

This also begs the question of what happened to Shinsei. Jinan's blast was a wave of chakra destruction, so...does that mean his chakra nodes are no longer functioning and he can't produce chakra (system destroyed) or does it mean he simply cannot use/access his chakra for whatever reason? If it's the former, does this mean that chakra sensory techniques no longer work on him and he's immune genjutsu? You know, since he has no chakra to sense/ manipulate...but is somehow still alive....

Last edited by a moderator:
@White Masquerade

Norms in Tainan's army do still have chakra, but just never learned to use it/choose not use it, right? So they still can be sensed with something like the sharingan/byakugan? Otherwise, genjutsu wouldn't work on them because it works by manipulating the chakra flow of the mind...come to think of it, the Kakureyami don't have any chakra system...so shouldn't they be immune to genjutsu?

This also begs the question of what happened to Shinsei. Jinan's blast was a wave of chakra destruction, so...does that mean his chakra nodes are no longer functioning and he can't produce chakra (system destroyed) or does it mean he simply cannot use/access his chakra for whatever reason? If it's the former, does this mean that chakra sensory techniques no longer work on him and he's immune genjutsu? You know, since he has no chakra to sense/ manipulate...but is somehow still alive....

Regarding your latter point, I don't think Jinan would be able to damage the shinobi's chakra system in such a way that they no longer produce chakra without the consequences being fatal (Though I wouldn't be surprised if that was his intent). Based on the anime/ manga (Which usually implies that using up all of one's chakra puts oneself on the verge of death), the ninja couldn't survive without chakra, so I'd suspect that they simply can't access their chakra to manipulate into jutsu and such. It could be akin to the effects of the Hyuuga's gentle fist technique: Jinan's attack blocked all of the affected shinobi's chakra points, but it's still present.

Based on this assumption that all humans have chakra within them (even civilians who haven't been trained to access it) they could indeed be tracked by sensory types, and would be vulnerable to genjutsu (As one usually needs to have enough control over their chakra systems to disrupt the flow of impeding enemy chakra to nullify the technique). But that's just a theory...

@White Masquerade

Unless they've been affected by Wuji, the normal people in Tainan's army can be detected by sensory techniques. Everyone produces chakra to some degree. The difference between civilians and Ninja is the knowledge of how to use it to perform Jutsu. Aside from that, they're essentially the same.

Like Clari said, a person cannot live without a set amount of chakra. This could mean that they are left with only a very minimal amount for the rest of their lives, or they simply become unable to release it through their tenketsu, which is the only way to perform Jutsu. Since the process of using Wuji has been described as "breaking off the connection" and "severing the flow", this could be true. Either that, or it directly affects the chakra-producing organs in a way that somehow allows a person to live.

Regarding your latter point, I don't think Jinan would be able to damage the shinobi's chakra system in such a way that they no longer produce chakra without the consequences being fatal (Though I wouldn't be surprised if that was his intent). Based on the anime/ manga (Which usually implies that using up all of one's chakra puts oneself on the verge of death), the ninja couldn't survive without chakra, so I'd suspect that they simply can't access their chakra to manipulate into jutsu and such. It could be akin to the effects of the Hyuuga's gentle fist technique: Jinan's attack blocked all of the affected shinobi's chakra points, but it's still present.

Based on this assumption that all humans have chakra within them (even civilians who haven't been trained to access it) they could indeed be tracked by sensory types, and would be vulnerable to genjutsu (As one usually needs to have enough control over their chakra systems to disrupt the flow of impeding enemy chakra to nullify the technique). But that's just a theory...

Yep, that's what the anime/manga implied. But White seems to be digging quite a bit into the lore/origin of chakra, so I wondered if she was taking it a step further. According to the legends, humans didn't have chakra until Kaguya stole some sort of shinju fruit and Hagoromo spread chakra to the rest of the world. So they must have somehow survived before then without chakra...probably because their bodies were a bit different. Tainan calls the people of his army "humans"...so I thought maybe she was trying to pull the whole ninjas returning to their chakra-less roots with the whole Kakureymai thing. Jinan's technique didn't just destroy his chakra, it changed his body so that it no longer needs chakra...back to the days when chakra didn't exist...so Shinsei's body de-evolved so to say. 

Though maybe I'm thinking too much :P

Either that, or it directly affects the chakra-producing organs in a way that somehow allows a person to live.

This is what I was thinking. But I want to confirm with White.

It is no different than last time xD

Lol. What does this mean >_>

@White Masquerade

After losing the Kalos League and his waifu, Ash moves to Poke-Hawaii and undergoes age regression as a result of his despair. 

Ugh and I had such high hopes for the new generation.

Whiteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :(

Are we starting soon?

@White Masquerade

I can give you a better answer after seeing how much I get done this weekend. I am almost comfortable with what I have up, so a start is definitely not too far off.

@QuirkyAngel

I will have your thing in a bit. Let me correct Raven's CS. Been nagging me all day =/

Lol. What does this mean >_>

Ugh and I had such high hopes for the new generation.

I can give you a better answer after seeing how much I get done this weekend. I am almost comfortable with what I have up, so a start is definitely not too far off.

@QuirkyAngel

I will have your thing in a bit. Let me correct Raven's CS. Been nagging me all day =/

The game and the Pokespe chapter will make up for it. 

@IG42

Probably trying to make it more light-hearted, I head that X and Y's more serious style didn't get that much fanfare in Japan.

@QuirkyAngel

You ask a good question. Here is the deal: even if a person doesn't have chakra, they are still affected by genjutsu.

genjutsu wouldn't work on them because it works by manipulating the chakra flow of the mind

^ this is the heart of it here. Genjutsu works by controlling a person's senses. Now, if the enemy is someone that has chakra, you cannot control their senses like normal. Why? Because they have chakra to tell them something is off. So how do you control a person with chakra then? --- By controlling the flow of chakra within their brains.

So basically, controlling a normal person's SENSES is the art of genjutsu. So how do you control the senses of a person born WITH chakra (A NINJA)? By controlling the flow of chakra within their brains. You manipulate their senses. If they have chakra, then you manipulate their senses through the chakra in their brain.

^ This mean no, the Kakureyami are not immune to genjutsu. They do however, have the ability to fight it. Having a mastery in Spiritual Perception should do the trick.

For Shinsei, his chakra system is dormant. Wuji breaks the fused link between Spirit and Body, so chakra cannot be formed. You are correct, Chakra sensory techniques would not work on Shinsei, however! Genjutsu would work on him. They would just affect his senses directly, instead of manipulating the chakra within his brain. The Byakugan/Sharingan can see more than just chakra, so they can identify people perfectly fine with or without chakra.

Shinsei is still alive because Wuji cuts chakra back into its main parts: Spirit + Body. So it wasn't taken away, just broken down. You are also correct: there ARE people without chakra. In the lore, there are humans that did not have it.  O.o  But if you don't have chakra, you're supposed to die right? Half-correct. If you have chakra and run out of chakra, you will die. If your system gets put back to what people had BEFORE the introduction of chakra (which is what Wuji does) you will live as an ordinary person.

@clarinetti

^ Yes, the key word you say is ninja. A ninja cannot survive without chakra. An ordinary person can. And they have long before chakra was introduced into the world by Kaguya. Kaguya herself, didn't have any before she ate the chakra fruit. I hate getting technical, but I have to to explain this. After eating the fruit, Kaguya was the only one in the world with chakra. You know what she did? Put every other person under genjutsu. So genjutsu in fact does affect people without it. Which brings me to what I said up top to Quirk: 

Genjutsu works by controlling a person's senses. Now, if the enemy is someone that has chakra, you cannot control their senses like normal. Why? Because they have chakra to tell them something is off. So how do you control a person with chakra then? --- By controlling the flow of chakra within their brains.

Unless they've been affected by Wuji, the normal people in Tainan's army can be detected by sensory techniques. Everyone produces chakra to some degree. The difference between civilians and Ninja is the knowledge of how to use it to perform Jutsu. Aside from that, they're essentially the same.

Like Clari said, a person cannot live without a set amount of chakra. This could mean that they are left with only a very minimal amount for the rest of their lives, or they simply become unable to release it through their tenketsu, which is the only way to perform Jutsu. Since the process of using Wuji has been described as "breaking off the connection" and "severing the flow", this could be true. Either that, or it directly affects the chakra-producing organs in a way that somehow allows a person to live.

This is half-correct. MOST people on the NINJA continent have at least minimal amounts of chakra. The Knights from the East have none at all. Neither do the Kakureyami.

But White seems to be digging quite a bit into the lore/origin of chakra, so I wondered if she was taking it a step further. According to the legends, humans didn't have chakra until Kaguya stole some sort of shinju fruit and Hagoromo spread chakra to the rest of the world. So they must have somehow survived before then without chakra...probably because their bodies were a bit different. Tainan calls the people of his army "humans"...so I thought maybe she was trying to pull the whole ninjas returning to their chakra-less roots with the whole Kakureymai thing. Jinan's technique didn't just destroy his chakra, it changed his body so that it no longer needs chakra...back to the days when chakra didn't exist...so Shinsei's body de-evolved so to say. 

Though maybe I'm thinking too much :P

Quirkstar, you are not thinking too much. That is exactly what it is! You can indeed say Shinsei's body has devolved. That is perfect. Everything would have really been straightforward if the author never introduced Kaguya and just stopped at Pein. Alas, her addition has flipped some things about the lore on its head. Still. It is interesting bit of info that chakra was something given to the human race. For the sake of making the RP simple though, its best you continue with what you do and leave these things to me! If something is not good with a character or shouldn't be happening, I will be sure to point it out. I had to really look through the Naruto lore to GM this and I don't want anyone else to have to worry about things like that. Let me be the one to worry for you.

@QuirkyAngel

You ask a good question. Here is the deal: even if a person doesn't have chakra, they are still affected by genjutsu.

^ this is the heart of it here. Genjutsu works by controlling a person's senses. Now, if the enemy is someone that has chakra, you cannot control their senses like normal. Why? Because they have chakra to tell them something is off. So how do you control a person with chakra then? --- By controlling the flow of chakra within their brains.

So basically, controlling a normal person's SENSES is the art of genjutsu. So how do you control the senses of a person born WITH chakra (A NINJA)? By controlling the flow of chakra within their brains. You manipulate their senses. If they have chakra, then you manipulate their senses through the chakra in their brain.

^ This mean no, the Kakureyami are not immune to genjutsu. They do however, have the ability to fight it. Having a mastery in Spiritual Perception should do the trick.

For Shinsei, his chakra system is dormant. Wuji breaks the fused link between Spirit and Body, so chakra cannot be formed. You are correct, Chakra sensory techniques would not work on Shinsei, however! Genjutsu would work on him. They would just affect his senses directly, instead of manipulating the chakra within his brain. The Byakugan/Sharingan can see more than just chakra, so they can identify people perfectly fine with or without chakra.

Shinsei is still alive because Wuji cuts chakra back into its main parts: Spirit + Body. So it wasn't taken away, just broken down. You are also correct: there ARE people without chakra. In the lore, there are humans that did not have it.  O.o  But if you don't have chakra, you're supposed to die right? Half-correct. If you have chakra and run out of chakra, you will die. If your system gets put back to what people had BEFORE the introduction of chakra (which is what Wuji does) you will live as an ordinary person.

@clarinetti

^ Yes, the key word you say is ninja. A ninja cannot survive without chakra. An ordinary person can. And they have long before chakra was introduced into the world by Kaguya. Kaguya herself, didn't have any before she ate the chakra fruit. I hate getting technical, but I have to to explain this. After eating the fruit, Kaguya was the only one in the world with chakra. You what she did? Put every other person under genjutsu. So genjutsu in fact does affect people without it. Which brings me to what I said up top to Quirk: 

This is half-correct. MOST people on the NINJA continent have at least minimal amounts of chakra. The Knights from the East have none at all. Neither do the Kakureyami.

Quirkstar, you are not thinking too much. That is exactly what it is! You can indeed say Shinsei's body has devolved. That is absolutely perfect. Everything would have really been straightforward if the author never introduced Kaguya and just stopped at Pein. Alas, her addition has flipped some things about the lore on its head. Still. It is interesting bit of info that chakra was something given to the human race. For the sake of making the RP simple though, its best you continue with what you do and leave these things to me! If something not good with a character or shouldn't be happening, I will be sure to point it out. I had to really look through the Naruto lore to GM this and I don't want anyone else to have to worry about things like that. Let me be the one to worry for you.

...Hi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back