Naruto Rebirth: Kakureyami OOC

What Is Naruto Rebirth: Kakureyami's Most Glorious Ship!? (Multiple Votes Are Allowed!)

• Dove Nokuma x Shinsei Fugita

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kiyomi Uchiha x Ryuu Kato

• Akago Hideki x Shirokko of the Sand

• Orisas x Mekuto Meimiri

• Tsukiko Hanashi x Toshiro Toshino Toshimi Shi IV

• Chiaki Yoshinawa x Hanbungetsu Hozuki

• Ja Jankin x Machi Uchiha

• Roku Senju x Nana Uzumaki

• Dru Rinha x Romi Watanabe

• Jinan x Wunan

• Shinobu x Nanko

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
[QUOTE="White Masquerade]It's better to have loved and lost, then never loved at all, jerk.

[/QUOTE]
I see it the other way. One results in less pain. Although, that's just my perspective.

[QUOTE="Lucem Tenebris]I see it the other way. One results in less pain. Although, that's just my perspective.

[/QUOTE]
As someone who has had a great number of pets since she was young, I have to disagree. There is truth in the saying "It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all".

GasMaskie said:
@White Masquerade
Speaking of ships, did you anticipate Roku falling this hard for Nana back when she saw his eyes?
Falling yes, but going Yandere, no. Back in the Suna City Arc I read his posts like, "Holy...."

It's too late to leave.

@Lucem Tenebris

That's fair. I won't argue that. The passion in my veins wants me to, but I won't. Quirky's Blue Aura has rubbed off on me enough to keep a cool head.

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]And then boom!
In your face! Take that Lucem! Veryanna says you're wrong!

[/QUOTE]
I guess my way of thinking is too focused on not being involved makes losing them have less of an impact. Although, I'm partially playing it up to continue my long crusade against ships until the very end.

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]And then boom!
In your face! Take that Lucem! Veryanna says you're wrong!

[/QUOTE]
Enjoy this moment Masque, we're finally on the same team xD

[QUOTE="Lucem Tenebris]I guess my way of thinking is too focused on not being involved makes losing them have less of an impact. Although, I'm partially playing it up to continue my long crusade against ships until the very end.

[/QUOTE]
See, I have this nifty palm sized scar to the right of my naval, sorta shaped like a teardrop. We'll come back to that in a moment though.

Losing any one of my dogs is always hard. We're a big family, and this line of dogs has been the same line I grew up with. I've lost four that I can think of, three to old age, and one to a bull. That's not counting pups that don't make it to six weeks mind you. Being the family we are, it's never easy losing one, but that one with the bull that I lost is the one that gets me the most. When my pap was teaching me the craft when I was young I stumbled out into the wrong pasture, and a particularly bad tempered bull was in there with me. He put a horn right into my gut, and it was probably the most terrifying moment of my life.

My pap was on the other side of the farm and the force coupled with the fear had my throat cinched up like no other. Then along comes Holly and her four(over year old) pups, Guthrie, Mackenzie, Layla and Beck. They pretty much harassed the bull enough to run him off and get my pap's attention, but not before Holly, being old as she was, failed to keep from being trampled.

It was probably the first time I legitimately understood how much these dogs had come to mean to me, and part of why I've come to enjoy living so much, because the simple love loyalty of an old dog unwilling to see someone she saw as another her her family hurt.

And that's why I have to disagree.

Also, too early for this. It's five in the morning and you lot clearly want me all emotional and shite >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="White Masquerade]@Veirrianna Valentine
Oops. Sorry for ruining your vibe (' :| )

[/QUOTE]
Eh, is what it is, I'm listening to music/watching funny vines, so cheering up isn't too hard.

Toradora! Opening 1 Pre-parade - YouTube[/URL]
Seduce all you like. It could work if it fits the character.

GasMaskie said:

[media]

[/media]
I prefer Golden Time.
I like Golden Time more, but a few of my friends despise it for the ending.

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]I don't think Lucem's characters would go for those kind of girls

[/QUOTE]
I can make all kinds of characters, White. I don't always go for brooding or Tsundere.

[QUOTE="Lucem Tenebris]Sorry to hear about that Veir. I'm the same way. I have a different perspective, but I've had more than a couple of experiences that have shaped my views. I understand why people think the opposite, since I used to as well, but my mind is set the other way for now.
You should get some sleep. It's not healthy to stay up so late. Although, I'm not one to talk.

[/QUOTE]
Oh I just woke up a little while ago. I tend to wake up anywhere from for to five in the morning since I work my farm and the like. Thought it is always nice to just do extra work some days and stay inside and lounge =P

GasMaskie said:
I knew you had good taste. Toradora definitely had a better endgame but a worse first half.
Agreed. I liked Toradora for its comedy, but it seemed to drag on a bit with the setup and the usual high school anime antics.

[QUOTE="Veirrianna Valentine]Oh I just woke up a little while ago. I tend to wake up anywhere from for to five in the morning since I work my farm and the like. Thought it is always nice to just do extra work some days and stay inside and lounge =P

[/QUOTE]
I usually go to sleep at five and wake up an hour later. If my schedule is clear, I typically sleep for eighteen hours

@Lucem Tenebris

Golden Time had the advantage of a college setting and a really entertaining protagonist (who was also his own worst enemy). Tada Banri had the advantage of being a blank slate and slowly integrating into Koko and Mitsuo's dynamic within 4 episodes.

I think it also helps that all the romantic tension was settled by episode 7 there while Toradora was still introducing more characters and had a slow build-up that only started paying off with that winter trip. Still, Toradora's resolution felt more organic than Golden Time's which seemed like the author wrote themselves into a corner and realized that they needed to end the series soon and on a good ending.

Series with a college setting tend to go over well with me, like Tatami Galaxy. It's still a school, but it feels more fresh and open. I feel like Banri was easier to connect with than Ryuuji, since his state gave him an advantage in that area, while also providing a lot of entertainment. Not that Ryuuji wasn't fun, but his cooking and cleaning traits seemed a bit relied on for a laugh with the gap between him and his appearance.

Romance is one of the most difficult genres to work with. While Fantasy and Sci-fi aren't exactly easy, there's more freedom to work with. It takes time and experience to create a relationship that seems natural and progresses smoothly, along with building a dynamic that works well with characters outside of the main pair. Having two characters suddenly fall in love isn't realistic and can ruin a story, but taking too long to progress and just maintain constant tension can do the same.

Since both seemed to make up for what the other lacked, I think Takemiya's next work could be the best one yet, assuming she decides to keep writing.

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]I don't think I need to answer anything so hello

[/QUOTE]
giphy.gif

[QUOTE="Veirrianna Valentine]I figured you'd like seeing Rei try to be all courteous as her surfer girl self can be xD

[/QUOTE]
Indeed

"All hail the mighty brah!" and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back