• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Little Pony Brave New World.

You're fine, Viska.

I can barely think straight right now xD I doubt my post is going to be all that pretty

I should elaborate. When I said runic sorcery was forgotten and disused, it's kind of like Latin. Everyone knows what it IS, but you'll be hard pressed to find someone who can do it.

You're more likely to find users in the Order, but that's about it really

Oh, and Sotil's tools use runes

KageYuuki said:
You're more likely to find users in the Order, but that's about it really
Oh, and Sotil's tools use runes
A brief explanation on runic sorcery:

For a long time, runic sorcery was the way most ponies did magic. However, as ponies made further discoveries about horn magic and made it easier in every way, runic sorcery was left behind in favor of the more adaptable unicorn magic.

Pros of rune magic:

• It is less expending (casting a spell using a rune requires less energy than casting the same spell without one)
  • Any race can do it. (Unicorns just put magic into it. Earth Ponies and Pegasi can manipulate their natural mana into it to do it, but that takes quite a deal of training.)
  • It can do things that unicorn magic can't (provided the correct sequence of runes, of course.)

Cons of Rune Magic:

• It is specific (screw up the rune, it WILL backfire)
  • It requires preparation (either you have to have anticipated needing the spell and have brought a rune, OR have enough time and memorization to make it yourself)
  • It can be very complicated, more so than unicorn magic

Shandragontear said:
Curious if Shina's gunna be in trouble for executing reckless plans without consulting anypony. >.>
Eclipse is going to be in no state to say much after this... ^^;;

Let's just say he pushed himself WAY past what should have been his limits...

You'd be surprised how many details about my characters are either ignored or forgotten, deapite how many things I put into them.

KageYuuki said:
Wonder if all the magic in the air's going to mess with the runes
Not Arc and Silver's, at least. They're far enough away, and most runes require direct magic transfer. You need to directly shove the magic in (except for runes explicitly made to pick up latent magic.) There just might be enough magic in the air at ground zero, i dunno.

Well there's enough in the air now that anyone sensitive to it all the way in hast will be able to feel a little of the pressure

KageYuuki said:
Well there's enough in the air now that anyone sensitive to it all the way in hast will be able to feel a little of the pressure
Then I wager, at ground zero, most runes would go off.

Assailant said:
Then I wager, at ground zero, most runes would go off.
Well Indicus oughta have fun with that xD (he has runes tattooed on his back)

But if Arc can feel it, he'll prob be wondering what's going down over there

KageYuuki said:
Well Indicus oughta have fun with that xD (he has runes tattooed on his back)
But if Arc can feel it, he'll prob be wondering what's going down over there
Probably, but he's also just really damn tired. He was ordered not to involve himself, so he's about ready to take a nap. When the healing's over, he'll probably head to a nice looking bench somewhere to make up the 1000 years he missed.

Unonemous said:
I'm not even 100% sure where Sotil is, regardless. I kinda got left out of the transition post v:
I think he's still near the center of town where Celestia left him.

KageYuuki said:
I think he's still near the center of town where Celestia left him.
Cold, she straight up ditched him QQ

But, I had him follow what he heard her saying, something about going to a hill, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back