• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Mood Swing - Interest Check

Lixy

In Denial That I Have an Internet Addiction
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Would anyone be interested in an RP about injectable emotions instead of drugs in a high-tech world with mechs and super soldiers and shite?

I feel like I saw that as a post on tumblr. Can you explain your idea a bit more please?

I was thinking that the people of [insert futuristic city/world i have yet to name] have become one with machines, making emotions less passionate and real, and so an underground marketplace of drugs that created emotions was born where, depending on the amount of the drug you were given, you would feel to a certain degree, that emotion. Out of this, crime was born, people being injected with enough of a drug to make them kill, commit suicide, etc

Nice, can see a neat phylosophical idea there. Sort of like, emotions are a horrible ancient evil that could destroy the humanity... And where do mechs and soldiers come in? And shite?

Meesed up the the post by skipping a few words, now fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he just meant the emotion drugs as a futuristic idea instead of the 'mechs and soldiers and shite'

SubSonicSausage said:
Nice, can see a neat phylosophical there. Sort of like, emotions are a horrible ancient evil that could destroy humanity... And w do mechs and soldiers come in? And shite?
Well, I think that the soldiers are like a beefed up drug control sort of thing, devoid of emotion to make them better at their jobs of shutting down the underground market

SubSonicSausage said:
Hahaha
Btw: You mean we can't have an rp where both shite and an original idea coexist together in an organic way?
Nah, both shite and original idea can indeed coexist in an organic way

No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that at all. I just misunderstood what was written in the first post.

Haha, so either of you interested/have any other ideas?

SubSonicSausage said:
Nevermind, bad joke.
Infactuated, mind if I give you a suggestion? Just a few ideas about the rp and you can say whether you like them or not
Definitely, I am open to suggestions

I can see that you want to make an action based rp, which is ok. I like action based rps and got nothing against em.

Its just that this particular idea of yours seems far more suited for a character development based rp. The one that questions the nature of society, human being, in short, less action more emotion (but there still some of action). xD

And, so... how about we say there is like, a section within governmental police, whose job is too deal with such drugs addicts. And then there are regular people who somehow come to try the drug. Or perhaps a rebellious terrorist group of such people who belive that people should feel emotions...

Meh, now I am not even sure if had any ideas to begin with. What do you think?

I like the idea of the terrorist groups, maybe they have developed gas forms of the drug and are bombing highly populated areas?

And I was thinking of a character-based RP with moral dilemmas and stuff like that with action tossed in.

Maybe there are rehab centers focused on 'cleansing' people of their emotions after they have tried or got addicted to the drugs?

Perfect people versus imperfect people.

Infactuated said:
Maybe there are rehab centers focused on 'cleansing' people of their emotions after they have tried or got addicted to the drugs?
Yes!

Though I don't think they'd have a reason to bomb areas. They want people to return to feeling emotions, hence trying to spread the drug or fighting the government wouldn't be a bad solution.

SubSonicSausage said:
Perfect people versus imperfect people.
Yes!

Though I don't think they'd have a reason to bomb areas. They want people to return to feeling emotions, hence trying to spread the drug or fighting the government wouldn't be a bad solution.
Maybe they bomb areas to get people involved, so they know how it feels to, well, feel?

The story could center around characters rediscovering their natural emotions

Some people abusing the emotions and taking too much of one. Example: Someone takes too much sadness and ends up throwing themselves into depression. Another takes too much love and loves people easily. Maybe the rehab is to help people understand how emotions were meant to be... felt?

iShyShy said:
Some people abusing the emotions and taking too much of one. Example: Someone takes too much sadness and ends up throwing themselves into depression. Another takes too much love and loves people easily. Maybe the rehab is to help people understand how emotions were meant to be... felt?
Yeah, that was my initial idea! People not understanding/abusing emotions, taking too much 'happy' and become so carefree, they forget to eat or wander into road, taking too much 'confidence' and thinking they are invincible

iShyShy said:
If you think about it, if a person takes too much love, they would also end up with suicide. Pleanty of real world examples.

Too much love = betrayal\lost expectations = suicide

Too much hapiness = carefree = suicide

Too much pleasure = well, too much drugs.

SubSonicSausage said:
If you think about it, if a person takes too much love, they would also end up with suicide. Pleanty of real world examples.
Too much love = betrayal\lost expectations = suicide

Too much hapiness = carefree = suicide

Too much pleasure = well, too much pleasure.
Yeah, exactly. I'm liking where this is going, my idea wasn't so thought out yet xD

Working together. I'm really liking it lol. It'll be interesting to have a character with a personality and emotions that aren't entirely in our control.

We could create a group of regular characters (the policemen). They are perfect, unemotional, Equilibrium-like. And then have them solve cases with one or two temporary character(s) at time (the addicts) with their own problem. Once a case is solved => new drug addict(s) character(s) with a new plot. The policemen remain the same.

Hmm?

Yes, and a challenge to create personalities that aren't centered around strong emotions (hot-headed etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back