• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Monster Hunter International

Tombstone

That Damned Cowboy
Ok, so Im a huge gun guy and just got into this fantastic series by the author Larry Correia. To me the idea is very interesting and the story is unique. For those of you who don't know, the premise was to create B-Horror type story where the main characters a total badasses instead of your typical idiots. Essentially monsters are real, and the governments of the world do a hell of a job trying to cover this fact up. This is difficult because monsters enjoy snacking on people. To combat this the government offers a bounty to any private individual or group which takes down a creature, its called the Perpetual Unearthly Forces Fund (PUFF). Enter Monster Hunter International, the worlds premier monster eradication service. Based in Alabama, the company has teams stationed around the country and even in a few other parts of the world.

For the sake of the role play we would be playing a distant team, or even a separate corporation in the west coast. I'd like to keep the story fairly cannon, but apart from the main storyline (cause it gets complicated). It would more or less be about the team taking individual and unique contracts on different monsters and bonding and development between the group. I don't think you need to have read the books themselves to thoroughly get enjoyment out of this, you should be fine without. Even so, the first novel is free digitally. So who's in?

Evil Looms. Cowboy Up. Kill It. Get Paid.

Monster Hunter International

Est. 1895​

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, am I eight years too late? If you're still around and interested in this, MHI is one of my favorite book series and I'd love to give this a shot. I'm not caught up fully on the books but I can promise I definitely got through the first few and remember enough to get by!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back