• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mercenaries of Deretor (Fun Chat Thread)

The Mythic Dragon] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/19862-kirito-kei/ said:
@Kirito Kei[/URL] @Witchy @Yonsisac @bourgeoisiemustache @ChristinaXIV
Damn... you guys are going to make me cry... ^_^

But... I would love to have answers for these questions:

Is the combat really that different and interesting?

What kind of things have I added that you would never think of?

Good and real NPCs? And the world?

Would you want to also pass to offspring or apprentices? This would make your decisions even more impactful...

Do you really like the homestead idea?
The combat is really interesting! Far better from the cookie cutting gods running rampant around, as it would seem, logical approaches are needed, and at the time, that really makes sense.

You've added a certain installment of creativity, and it's off the tip of your head, making it seem a whole lot more like its own unique standalone, in comparison to some common run of the mill D&D adventure.

yes?

Also, yes, I think the offspring idea will definitely help continue the story, giving it much more depth

@Kirito Kei

i was thinking something different...perala looks like kid. the hounds might be brutal but they wouldn't harm a kid who just happens to get lost and wanders near their base....would they?

THEN AGAIN, she is a half fey, they might just take her to make her a slave, but she'd still be able to spread the spores if that was the case.

What kind of things have I added that youwould never think of?

The homestead idea!

Good and real NPCs? And the world?

The NPCs seems like they are actually living and breathing. They don't feel like the generic filler NPCs. The same for the world, it seems like I could wake up tomarrow and travel to this world.

Do you really like the homestead idea?

As I previously said, the homestead idea is what sets this roleplay from the rest. Anyone can create a fantasy roleplay with warriors and thieves but you managed to incorporate something unique.

@The Mythic Dragon

Witchy said:
@Kirito Kei
i was thinking something different...perala looks like kid. the hounds might be brutal but they wouldn't harm a kid who just happens to get lost and wanders near their base....would they?

THEN AGAIN, she is a half fey, they might just take her to make her a slave, but she'd still be able to spread the spores if that was the case.
This could also work, however that also has the potential of going VERY bad.

@Kirito Kei i'm aiming to develop perala into a subtle sneaky cunning kinda type of mercenary, divebombing wouldn't be her style, u know? she might be a lawful good little woobie in the wrong place at the wrong time at this point in the story, but that could change, ohohohoho...

The homestead idea is quite intriguing. My fantasy story always revolved around the characters moving around and going places each paragraph. However, that can be disorienting especially with a roleplay of this size. The homestead idea is grounding. If a character is confused about where they are and have no idea, we can always go back to the homestead! It's so creative! I would not have thought of it. I also like the family dynamics when it comes to the homestead. Many of these characters come from homes ravaged by war and violence. How would they react to be in a family setting? What relationships will evolve? Can they even adopt this new family because of their turmoil? All of these are so interesting and the homestead idea provides a wonderful backdrop to that. This RP is like slice of life meets extreme fantasy. I love that.

On the topic of offspring, I think it could go hand in hand with the family setting idea. Maybe, I guess, it would be whatever happens happens, which I think is good. I think having characters deal with children, especially after what they have gone through would be interesting to watch. Having children is an excellent character study, in a way.

The NPCs are different in the way that they are unpredictable, much like a PC would be. They're interesting, witty, funny. I like them and good job with creating them. The NPCs and the homestead idea are really the bread and butter of this. And the fighting style, I like how you give us so much freedom. Thanks for that.

@The Mythic Dragon

@Witchy

ohohoho i see you have something sinister in mind. what will happen to poor perala?

Thank you all! I feel better now! I am glad I have been able to entertain you and make you happy!

So, goodnight, and look forward to the start of what I hope will be an amazing RP!

@The Mythic Dragon

Like im gona go soon like the rest said about those question but i have to go now all will post tomorrow seeya

I hope to be able to make my introductory post tomorrow, I too will be getting some rest, good night fellow friends and may fair rest guide you into the infinite field of memories and dreams.

This RP looks really far in.... Am I still allowed to join? I was kinda debating of submitting a CS after skimming through the RP posts and don't want to break any rhythm the RP is already on.

@CherushiiOkami

I already have one character who will be joining from the slave pens of the current enemy. If you have an idea for a character and that would fit in your history, then you can join that way. If not, I can have you jump in on the battle outside. If you don't want to do that, you can join during the next downtime.

I a pretty flexible. Just give me a PM with your ideas and I will be happy to answer questions and work with you.

@The Mythic Dragon

Oh sweet! Just one question: The other person who is joining through the slave pens.. Does that mean they are a slave? And if so, in order for my character to join the same way, would they also have to be a slave?

@CherushiiOkami

Yes, and yes. Actually, it was her idea to be a slave to begin with. But again, I am flexible, so just hit me up with your ideas!

The post that has all the background on the enemy, for your convenience: Mercenaries of Deretor (RP Thread) ( coursty of our player-leader, @Kirito Kei )

@CherushiiOkami

Hey, were you going to join? I would love to have you on, just wondering if I should expect a CS from you.

@Witchy

...Perala may be scarred after this, or she may go bloodthirsty. I wonder which! ^_^

Awh^-^ Poor Mushroom Woman~

I'm also happy that we have Lizard Bones on my team which means I can finally make Leo call him Lizard Bones yesss

@The Mythic Dragon

Once i get back Markov is jut Gona walk to he fieldif he doset get Orders xD

alright xD so means wait?

and Lizard Bones has yes a Defiant bone but aswell a Sanity bone that would soon or not snap

He may also possibly be an Insane Bones too? Nono I only want him to be Lizard Bones. Lizard Bones that likes to kill.

"Have you come to kill us, Lizard Bones?" Captain One-Eye to reanimated Argonian skeleton

Oh! @The Mythic Dragon do I get to do fun things in this post as well;0

Hey Hey! killing alot dose mess up his minde,he hears Voices the More he kills,I mean think about it....If you were force to fight for 27 YEARS and kill none stop you will surely go little nuts -3-

and GTG seeya all!

@Yonsisac

See ya!

@Kirito Kei

The indirect squad may be getting a bit less love, just because of what the different scenes necessitate, okay?

Post up! I think I tagged everyone, and enjoy! ^_^

Tell me what you think, please!

@Daimao

Good morning! What did you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back