• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mercenaries of Deretor (Fun Chat Thread)

i'm thinking about joining. it seems fun! but..i'm not entirely sure of how this style of rping works? like the results etc. and the npcs and @The Mythic Dragon running the show. is it like a dungeon master, DnD kind of r? i've never done that sort of thing, but i want to learn and get involved in the rp! i'd send a private message but i haven't been on the site long enough for that lol.

i have an idea for a half-fey wilder character...i was thinking she has powers summoning mushrooms? would that be alright? since they aren't exaaaactly plants...if she has a mixture of poison/plant/animal powers could it be plausible? i was thinking she's half dune but half spore would be interesting.

Witchy said:
..i'm not entirely sure of how this style of rping works? like the results etc. and the npcs and @The Mythic Dragon running the show. is it like a dungeon master, DnD kind of
Yes, I run the game as if I were a GM in DnD. I am glad you want to join! You'd actually be my 12th and final player (for now). I am cutting us off at 12 until I know I can do this properly.

Witchy said:
i have an idea for a half-fey wilder character...i was thinking she has powers summoning mushrooms? would that be alright? since they aren't exaaaactly plants...if she has a mixture of poison/plant/animal powers could it be plausible? i was thinking she's half dune but half spore would be interesting.
You couldn't really summon the mushrooms, but you can encourage and influence their growth.If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! BTW, you can pick up to 5 wilder aspects, and distribute 100% strength between them. (Look at @FlawlezFalcon CS to see what I mean)

Hey all ... I posted my own rp idea ... so check it out, would ya? :D

Let me know what you guys think.

Im kinda confused what is going on....so were is his hoard coming from like from the gate?

[QUOTE="The Mythic Dragon]
You couldn't really summon the mushrooms, but you can encourage and influence their growth.If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! BTW, you can pick up to 5 wilder aspects, and distribute 100% strength between them. (Look at FlawlezFalcon CS to see what I mean)

[/QUOTE]
i was thinking 'summoning' like in the way that characters in fiction with plant powers can summon vines out of the ground and stuff like that. plantbending, but with mushrooms?

is it possible for a wilder character to develop more powers as the rp goes on? like they start out with one or two, but learn how to do other things?

so when i make a post, i have to post the results of the fight that might happen in the post, and you're the one that's kind of in charge of the fights and whether a character's move does enough damage, or if the character is injured? i see it's all 'attempts' to hit a mook, that's how it works? no direct hits, just attempts so you, the DM dude can determine what happens?

sorry for all the questions! this style is all new to me but i'm eager to try it out!

@Yonsisac I was kind of figuring they were coming from everywhere and the gate was still locked. I positioned my character's back to it in order to prevent people from getting around.

Haaa they are coming everydirrection and we have the lock gate and wall behinde us?

@Witchy About the muchrooms, that is basically what I meant. As for gaining more powers, here is some lore from the overview: A Wilder must live with his/her abilities for the rest of the life, as they cannot be removed or added to an individual. This means that you cannot gain more aspects. You can, however, do more with the aspects you start with as we "level"

As to the posting: When you are fighting "Mooks" you are able to control the ones you kill, as the players have been doing. I give you a number, and you can kill up to that number. For Elites, Minibosses, Bosses and Megabosses, you post what you are doing as an attempt, and I tell you what happens. PvP has a dice rolling component that I do, with the two players posting attemps and the dice deciding who's strike succeeds.

@Whisker @Yonsisac That is pretty much what is going on, yea.

Also, some lore is up! Enjoy!

@The Mythic Dragon Okay. I gotta post in another thread while I wait to see if my rp idea gets any hits so brb.

@Witchy No need to wait. Once you have it, throw it up on the CS tab and I'll look at it!

Oh, BTW everybody, plz don't post any IC, I am making a post now!

YAY!!!....remember once we are done we are gona drink ill our hearts stop!

I feel like Markov is gona start drinking alchohol On fire!

The Mythic Dragon] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/20147-witchy/ said:
@Witchy[/URL] No need to wait. Once you have it, throw it up on the CS tab and I'll look at it!

Oh, BTW everybody, plz don't post any IC, I am making a post now!
Oops, didn't read that until now ^^;;;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back