[Mean Streets, Cruel Towers]The Dive

Intellect/Medicine is the roll to diagnose. You get your Logos in bonus dice, for that.

Dexterity/Medicine is the roll to treat. You can instead roll Logos + Willpower at difficulty 8 if you want to treat it magically.

I'm going to let that roll stand, for now, but it's ever-more obvious that the rolling mechanism isn't adequately explained in the book because no one ever gets it right first time.

In future, you roll only your Attribute in dice. In this case, that would've been 1 for Intellect. 4 if we add Logos.

The Difficulty is set by subtracting your Skill from the base Difficulty of 11. In this case 11 - 3 = 8.

Reading that first sentence made me feel a bit better about it. My apologies, won't let it happen again. So only 4 dice factoring in logos and the difficulty was subtracted by skill. Right.

It's cool. I just wish I could figure out what I'm doing wrong with the explanation.

In my case, it was carelessness. A hectic semester start coupled with logging on to see I had taken too long. Felt I should get something put out today at least. Only other reason would be that I'm too accustomed to the roll skill+attribute system. Need to break that habit.

Blood loss'll take a day or so to recover, but the Condition is back up, yeah. I'll be more strict in future.

Oh, okay, lemme amend my previous post then.

Also, yeah, strict is kinda better. I had nice ideas of Igo doing painkillers on his couch, talking to Henrietta, and generally going through recuperation.

Oh, well, if you want we can assume he just cleaned it, patched it, and you'll have to wait to recover over time. Also pay for a surgeon to do something about the ruined muscle unless you want him to limp ever-after.

I rolled the normal medicine approach, since it seemed to be what Silver wanted. Did I do something unwanted? I decided to err on the side of caution and avoided describing the whole process in detail. Given I have little knowledge on treating bullet wounds.

I suppose the fusion is something far out of the norm, so I'll have Saw react in an appropriate manner. Should we chalk off the augs as a loss? Mental image I get is that...there isn't anything for Saw to actually pull out. Nothing that isn't nerve tissue fused with metal.

You did nothing wrong. Just a slight misunderstanding.

The fusion is unheard of. But it may be possible to extract the core components and some of the fused tissues with a little time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back