MAIN OOC

flip and I are working on characters, sorry! this is our first group roleplay on here and we were just kinda waiting for some direction cuz we are not used to this format =n_n=

I posted in the Human World, but it's not actually meant for you to reply to. It's like a teaser of what is to come... a little action. 

Meanwhile, I will go over the characters that are here now. 

Flip & Flip - Make a group PM to ask me any questions you two might have and I'll do my best to answer them. It's not difficult and I'm trying to make this friendly.

I am almost done with my character. Just need to finish up her history and find her theme song. I'll have the cs posted tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we discuss what spirit powers they will begin with other than seeing demons in their entire forms Yusuke started off with just spirit gun..  i actually want my character to have a close range beginning ability not a spirit sword either i never liked that power 

Well, right now, I'm stuck watching OSHA-distributed safety videos. After that, I'm going to go over the other characters (I already approved Echo) to see if there's any more input I could give.

@Midnite That will be something that can be discussed IC actually! When the characters die and meet Botan, she's going to explain their situation and give them an assortment of items just like in Yu Yu Hakusho. If you want something close range, I'll make an item that can do that. Your character will, however, have the ring that concentrates energy for a spirit gun. Think of the tools as a universal kit everyone gets. How you use them and train with them afterwards is entirely your decision. :D

No its ok i think we can all agree that if we go through all the little trials for each individual one at a time it would take forever 

No its ok i think we can all agree that if we go through all the little trials for each individual one at a time it would take forever 

@QuirkyAngel The fact it started doesn't really matter. What I'll do is wait for more characters (hopefully @fliptheclown and @floptheclown pull through) and do another set of three. That way I can keep the groups small and keep things clear. No worries. I might even elect a leader of sorts to be a sub-GM for the group.

@Nenma Takashi Once you hatch your Spirit Beast and placed back into your body, Botan will provide you with a suitcase full of different items - including some custom ones at the request of other players - and most of the canon ones. So, you'll have access to different techniques and some stuff to drive the story. The ones you use most frequently will make your body adapt. So, you won't learn special moves yet, but you can start to sculpt your character. "Special moves" are more part of the Daiken training later. Although, if you mean something as simple as the Spirit Gun, then yes, you will get access to a few techniques like that.

@Nenma Takashi

@QuirkyAngel Alright, so given I'm not thrilled with the attitude of the others, I'm more than likely just going to make your character a late entry to the first group and get the RP underway once you finish whatever edits you have. Flip & flop are out and I don't see activity from many others.

Last edited by a moderator:
@QuirkyAngel Alright, so given I'm not thrilled with the attitude of the others, I'm more than likely just going to make your character a late entry to the first group and get the RP underway once you finish whatever edits you have. Flip & flop are out and I don't see activity from many others.

Gotcha.

Edit is finished.

I'll figure out something for Arimi's death and have her jump right in...

@Nenma Takashi @Scrubnoppon @Midnite

So these next 48 hours in the RP are really for your character building. A prime example would be how I went into detail with how Tokshi died. This is a chance for you to play out how the events following your character's entrance into the hospitals will be. Keep in mind, the world will keep turning with them just being dead or near dead. I would suggest each one of you play related characters. For Echo, it might be a good idea to play out how his parents grieve over both their sons and how Echo reacts to realizing that despite his pride his parents still want him back. For Tokshi, the obvious character to play out is Uta whom she can watch. It's a little less easy for Warren, but I feel like Warren might actually be the type to follow around another character, maybe spend some time with Tokshi and Echo to see what their lives was like. And, keep in mind, I'm always an open resource. For instance, I could play Rin again for Tokshi. I could play Marshall, maybe. I could play as some malevolent spirits trying to abuse the group somehow. This is a chance to flesh out your characters. And, this is hugely important.

I see a TON of RP's that go on for arcs and arcs and arcs with no character development. Aside from being "stronger", they're damn near the same characters they started as. Know what I say? Fuck that. I want the introduction arc for this RP to already spark some character growth and maturation. They don't need to through a whole metamorphosis into a new character, but I would definitely love to see them realize the impact of death.

Yea i plan to have Echo soften up over time maybe he can have a love interest he didn't know grieving for him

Sorry about not posting much today. My schedule was packed. I'll have Warren's last 24 hours up by tonight (hopefully!)

Don't worry I'm not dead, I just keep losing the post. It should be up by tonight, for real this time. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back