• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Life in a Quarantine Zone { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Carlos Da Silva and Asher McCoy
Aspiring Artist, Former Hunter | 23, 30 | Current location ;; New Mexico

Asher shook his head at the miss. He had done very similar things to poor Jordan in the past. Or when he was in a playful mood. “You can pout better than that, lovebug.” Because Asher was equally invested in the show. Carlos grinned something mischievous and feisty towards their observers. Then his face fell. No, it practically disintegrated. At first he stole away all that emotion and then it was replaced by the deepest sadness that he could manage, and that was a lot. This was how he got away with plenty of things in the QZ. He turned back around to face Jordan. “Sad like this?” Even his voice lost all of its pep. He was practiced. It could have been deception. Could have. It might not have been though. It could have just been manipulation.

Kaleb Price and Jordan DeShay
Former FEDRA officer, Former Smuggler | 25, 28 | Current location ;; New Mexico

Jordan flicked his gaze to Asher when he heard him and winked at him. He looked at Carlos when he turned back to look at him. That face.. oh even Jordan couldn’t quite get that sadness in his own expression. He tried though. He mimicked it as best he could. His eyes lost that sparkle that it held, his frown deepened and he gave his best puppy dog eye expression. “Mm.. sad like this.” Jordan replied, as Kaleb looked between the two. He knew it was in good fun but even he found it sad.

That was good. Carlos almost broke for a moment. He could feel the need to make Jordan feel better, and then he remembered that this was a lie. He would not be bested by a lie. He lifted the arm that held his and stared at the connection. With other hand, he took away that touch and slipped back, but he kept his fingers closed around Jordan’s. “That’s too bad.” He backed away, their hands dropped away, and he slipped by Asher and Kaleb and to the door to the next floor. “Guess you’ll have to come get it then.” All of his happiness and charm came back with a flick of his eyes towards him. He opened the door and slid out into the hall. Asher grinned. “You almost got him, babe. I saw that flicker.” He turned to Kaleb. “Yep, they’re going to be the most useful. Shall we?"

Jordan caught that flicker and he almost broke into a smile. What got him was the other hand pulling his hand off Carlos’ arm and the fingers lingered before Carlos backed away. Jordan watched Carlos slip away and saw that happiness and charm come back with that flick of the eyes. Jordan looked where the door had shut behind Carlos and over to Asher. A grin crossed his face as he moved out the door after him. “I’m coming to get it.” Jordan said as Kaleb rolled his eyes. “Yeah, real helpful. Let’s make sure they don’t hurt themselves?” Kaleb suggested as Jordan ducked into the hall and saw Carlos, Jordan was heading towards the side of the hall that was parallel to the hole on the second floor.

Carlos, having been unaware of the hole on the floor below, was heading straight towards the same area. He checked to make sure they weren’t being attacked by infected, and then he swiveled around so that he was walking backwards. He locked eyes with Jordan, finger beckoning him to come and join him. Asher with Kaleb moved out into the hall and sighed. “When I met you guys, I didn’t think they would be at it all the time, but I guess I should have known.” He shook his head. “Can you imagine if they were going after us like that? I would probably have to leave him.” He laughed, because he would never do that.

Jordan watched Carlos swivel around and beckon him with a finger as they locked eyes. A grin spread on his face as he followed, not noticing the shifting in the floor. It was worn from weathering and water damage. But that was hard to tell. Kaleb heard Asher and chuckled, shaking his head. “I can’t imagine that, and yeah. You’d leave Jordan about the same time I’d leave Carlos, never.” Kaleb said with a smile on his face, watching the two men. Jordan stepped onto the thinnest part of the floor as it gave way, his foot disappearing into the hole and the floor broke, cracked and opened up. Jordan’s foot going through it had started a chain reaction on the weak flooring, opening a giant hole that he was now falling into. “NO!” A scream from beside Asher as Kaleb watched the hole open up from under the other men.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back