[Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] [Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] Domain of Leisure

utdfan22 said:
Hm, that's a tough one... it'd take an industrious worker to figure out that problem you have there.
Seriously.

Work Harder: Reduce fatigue penalties sounds nice until you realize 1) it doesn't reduce the amount you need to sleep, only postpone it, and 2) sleeping for half an hour resents your counter, so it only very rarely comes up.

Work Smarter: Do routine tasks twice as fast. I'm the son of a god, why would I be doing routine tasks? That's what I have minions for!

Fixit: Repair anything. It's not a bad power per se, it's just really underwhelming, I'm the son of a god, I have a multinational company at my beck and call, I'll just get a new one.

Need I go on?

Esbilon said:
@shepsquared is this roughly equivalent with the one in Ragnarök? And are the extra boons (particularly Doppelganger) acceptable?
Also, can I pick 3 purviews from my parent instead of 2+1?
I'd imagine that a Scion choosing their own purviews might pick the ones their parent used. Stranger things have happened.

Dammit. I have belatedly realized that my build doesn't work. I can't keep a organization loyal by using Jotunblut on all the key people, because that stops from from being key people. Irritable, shorttempered people aren't good lieutenants.

SephirothSage said:
I might make a Good Lieutenant. *Wink Wink Nudge Nudge*
1) Scion of Loki. Riiiiiight

2) I'm in the Vegas group.

3) You're a Scion, I want boosted mortals.

Oh. Didn't know you where in the Vegas Group. And as for the Scion of Loki- I intend to make my Backstory of Pure Sad-ium.

Its mostly the same, so if you use that I'll point out any differences (they changed dreamcraft from wits + art to wits + empathy sort of thing). And there's nothing stopping you from favoring one of your parent's purviews/attributes as your extra.

But yeah. Boosted mortals will come with that sort of downside. You could find trustworthy mortals that don't particularly need boosting for given roles and eventually some newly visited scions (when you're a demigod perhaps). Other than that: if you expect to have an army through Jotunblud but don't pay for followers at some point, it will backfire. Hilariously, epically and awfully.

On the scion of Loki: with 7 people per group at the start there will be a bit of overlap. I may eventually split you guys into 3 groups of 5/5/4, but not atm. So you should be fine, especially since Red is the only one in group one to have any social stuff at all atm

If I start with Fast Learner (halve xp cost of Academics, Medicine, Occult, Politics or Science), do I also halve their cost in ability and bonus points at character generation?

If I were to make a celtic hero, how do I put a geas on myself? Do I have to ask my divine parent (or one of their friends) for help? Can I do it with the level 3 and 6 powers (Lay Token/Potent Geas)? Can I just declare one?

At Enech 2, I get Hero's Geas which says:

"When a Scion purchases this power, he must immediately choose a single geas, either one that is general in nature or one appropriate to his divine parent. This is a Legendary Geas (see p. 17 for details on this Geas). For advice in choosing a geas, and the penalties for breaking them, see “Geasa,” pp. 16-20."

But a Legendary Geas is a very specific kind which only lets me regain Legend quicker (which is nice, don't get me wrong), but it doesn't specify if this is a Token or Potent (or Mortal) Geas, and it doesn't let me choose a new one. I will eventually want an Ability Geas in Craft, but I don't really see how to get one. Nor any particular reason to be a scion of the Tuatha, since I think they can put Geasa on others (though they may be disinclined).

No, only a scion of the Tuatha de Dannan can start with geasa, as they can only be given to someone via enech boons. Seriously, the third, sixth and eitgh enech boons allow you to lay a geas upon someone. So you can start with one token geas that fits the character and may gain others through play. Geasa can even be layed upon you as a punishment of sorts, so there are ways to gain them (especially since there will be an irish scion cum god involved in the story)

Can I take a Knack listed in Demigod if I have its prerequisite as well? The relevant sentence in the book is "If a Knack described here does not have a listed prerequisite, though, a heroic character may choose it as the Knack he receives for his first, second or third dot of his Epic Attribute." which seems to be a negative.

True. Does Geas bonuses stack with Arete bonuses?

[QUOTE="Lord-Leafar]Holy crap guys, I'm gone for one night and 3 pages of ooc chatter pop up out of nowhere!

[/QUOTE]
You were there for Nightmares of the Second Age. This is nothing ;)

Is it possible to spend a BP to make normal armor bulletproof? Trying to make a normal jacket into a bulletproof vest without any of the issues of wearing bulletproof clothing. 2 BP to make it +2/+2. Maybe 1 more to give it bulletproof?

solyrflair said:
Is it possible to spend a BP to make normal armor bulletproof? Trying to make a normal jacket into a bulletproof vest without any of the issues of wearing bulletproof clothing. 2 BP to make it +2/+2. Maybe 1 more to give it bulletproof?
That is a 3 dot relic according to Companion, so yeah, go for it.

Esbilon said:
Can I take a Knack listed in Demigod if I have its prerequisite as well? The relevant sentence in the book is "If a Knack described here does not have a listed prerequisite, though, a heroic character may choose it as the Knack he receives for his first, second or third dot of his Epic Attribute." which seems to be a negative.
True. Does Geas bonuses stack with Arete bonuses?
Yes to knacks, no to arete and geasa stacking.

And Lord. Wait until this happens on a story thread where the st advances without you. Its horrible (and I won't be doing it without very good reason. Feel free to call me on it if I do)

Cool. Just to be absolutely sure, if I want to undertake a big project at some point in the game, I can track down a celtic god/scion/demigod, and if I can convince them they can put a Geas on me to boost my crafting abilities?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back