[Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] [Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] Domain of Leisure

Does anyone know what approving a character actually does? I've been selecting the thread, approving it and applying the pc prefix, but have no clue what approving actually does.

I don't know. I just use the pc prefix on my games. Perhaps that is a question for the admins of the site.

If one wanted to build proper sci-fi tech like orbital bombardment cannons, spy satellites that can see through houses, iron man suits, etc. Which purviews would one need? Industry? Arete? (stupid, overpowered greeks)

Seriously. The only reason not to be a Greek is to be a generalist. Which my character is, so it's fine. But for a crafter, I'd really, really, really want Arete.

No idea. The only craft rules I found were in Companion and they didn't really cover things on that level. We could make something for Industry, but you'd need an assembly line sort of thing

Obviously I'd need infrastructure to help. But it's tech well beyond what's currently available, both for building it and putting it out there. But you're saying it's feasible at demigod levels of Industry?

I like Stephen, personally. Keeping that in mind, I have to name my Flock of the Morrigan, at least the head bird in charge of the thing.

Well, I can give my sword a nickname, since I'm sure I can't pronounce Greek words properly ever.

"This is P... Pointy."

Just make sure the sharp end goes in the bad guy!

I'd be a terrible Scion of Ares if I didn't make sure the pointy end goes in the right place.

Well, if you were playing one of the Nordic mythos, you might be the Pillage Idiot! Get it? Instead of the Village Idiot? HA! I kill myself!

Just don't expect Raven to be able to do much in the way of Craft. Heck, she doesn't even have a dot of Craft at all.

Arynne said:
Well, so do the Art and Craft Abilities, when you think about it.
I know, just saying it seems redundant, or perhaps rather that industry is objectively inferior to artistry which seems a pity.

Also, any of the more experienced players/ST who can tell me how useful Prophesy and/or Mystery are likely to be?

I'm interested to know that as well.

I'm currently running a Ragnarok chronicle over on another site, but the players haven't grasped that fact yet. ;)

They still see Prophecy as "bad stuff we keep from happening" and not "here is what's going to happen and what you can do is ease the blow/turn the situation to your own advantage".

Esbilon: chose one basically. And I think it'll be doable at high demigod level, assuming you get on the good side of the relevant gods (If it's a quest I may skip over some aspects as 'rewards', but you'd need a few people to help you)

Grrr. I really like the idea of the Industry purview. But I'm disappointed in every single actual boon :(

Esbilon said:
Grrr. I really like the idea of the Industry purview. But I'm disappointed in every single actual boon :(
Hm, that's a tough one... it'd take an industrious worker to figure out that problem you have there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back