Keychain 96-100

Most coroners would rule deliberately provoking the wrath of a Solar Exalt to be suicide.

In other news, here comes da keyblade! You in a whole heaaaaaap o' trouble now, boi!

Not to mention that it's good to see Thrice-Radiant Misho show his furious.

Now is the time for some royal ass-kicking. Misho's going to go straight for Scythe Boy, which is a tactical error, since he was being baited. I reckon that Secret's going to Stealth off while Misho's got everyone's attention and shank Ninja Boy from behind with Cluivnarhe - SHIV! Ten Winds will probably realize that the Fey prettyboi is getting the better of Misho and jump to help him, leaving Marena and the locals to deal with the gobbers.

Am I the only one with the theory that the flambouyant fae is actually in the form of a woman? I mean, seriously, what kinda guy calls their figure "boyish"?

Prolly the same kinda guy who wears a bellyshirt and a skirt, I guess. He's creeeepy.

ShadowDragon8685 said:
Now is the time for some royal ass-kicking. Misho's going to go straight for Scythe Boy, which is a tactical error, since he was being baited. I reckon that Secret's going to Stealth off while Misho's got everyone's attention and shank Ninja Boy from behind with Cluivnarhe - SHIV! Ten Winds will probably realize that the Fey prettyboi is getting the better of Misho and jump to help him, leaving Marena and the locals to deal with the gobbers.
Did you seriously just plan that out? It's a story, not a game. :P Let Jukashi draw it in a manner that he finds most interesting.

Brickwall said:
Am I the only one with the theory that the flambouyant fae is actually in the form of a woman? I mean, seriously, what kinda guy calls their figure "boyish"?
Prolly the same kinda guy who wears a bellyshirt and a skirt, I guess. He's creeeepy.
Go watch some anime.

It is such a pity that they don't want to be part of the heroic group of the story...I guess a great actor would prefer being the villain to a minor role, though. :cry:

NateDojo said:
ShadowDragon8685 said:
Did you seriously just plan that out? It's a story, not a game. :P Let Jukashi draw it in a manner that he finds most interesting.
That would be pretty interesting. Mainly for "Cluivnarhe - SHIV!" in whisper brackets, followed by a black with red border SFX of "Shank!"

Arthur said:
Brickwall said:
Go watch some anime.
The only guys who dress like that in anime are mentally ill villains (e.g. Pegasus, the Pegasus clone in GX, the gay villain in Yu Yu Hakusho...), whose sexuality is just supposed to make them look nuts. I think Jukashi is a bit above using bisexuality as a tool to make someone look evil, which is just a stupid idea in the first place.

Also, he/she/it wears a hairband too. Juuuust mentioning.

Of course, my current theory is that neither of them have any...functional parts.

Arthur said:
*Points to Sai*
Also, Naruto's Haku isn't a vilain.
He's not a goodguy either, and he's definitely warped. I got tired of Naruto way before that...thing showed up, but I'm guessing he/she/it also has problems.

Brickwall said:
Arthur said:
*Points to Sai*
Also, Naruto's Haku isn't a vilain.
He's not a goodguy either, and he's definitely warped. I got tired of Naruto way before that...thing showed up, but I'm guessing he/she/it also has problems.
Nuriko in Fushigi Yuugi crossdressed, and the emperor Hotohori was 'beautiful' enough that he was mistaken for a woman more than once, and both of them were good guys.

merle said:
Nuriko in Fushigi Yuugi crossdressed, and the emperor Hotohori was 'beautiful' enough that he was mistaken for a woman more than once, and both of them were good guys.
Key distinction: did they DRESS like women?

Like I said, it's a bad cliche. There are exceptions (EGS seems to make any sort of TG the sole purview of the goodguys), and I hope Jukashi is not playing to it.

Brickwall said:
merle said:
Key distinction: did they DRESS like women?

Like I said, it's a bad cliche. There are exceptions (EGS seems to make any sort of TG the sole purview of the goodguys), and I hope Jukashi is not playing to it.
Nuriko was a man who dressed in woman's clothing and makeup and referred to himself as a woman. Hotohori wore fairly gender-neutral robes. (It's not a dress, it's a ROBE! comes to mind).

I was thinking of Kuja as well - main antagonist of the game, effeminate, but sort of makes a Heel Face Turn at the very end of the game.

It's not really supposed to be a reflection on him being evil or weird or anything. See, I dressed him in armour for the whole cataphractoi thing, but because of the simple style I wasn't able to cover it in swirls and leaves and gems all over the place like it should be. So, instead, I tried to evoke the fantasy feel by leaving his midriff bare and giving him a coronet.

Lots of girls in fantasy wear impractically revealing armor. It was simply my intention to evoke some of the same feeling with this guy. Sorry for the confusion.

merle said:
Brickwall said:
I finally found the TVtrope for it. Villainous Crossdresser.
DARN YOU! You just stole half of my morning with that link! :evil:

TV Tropes is just plain addictive.
TVTropes is dangerous. It's a good idea to dedicate a mental DDV speciality just to TVTropes.

Jukashi said:
It's not really supposed to be a reflection on him being evil or weird or anything. See, I dressed him in armour for the whole cataphractoi thing, but because of the simple style I wasn't able to cover it in swirls and leaves and gems all over the place like it should be. So, instead, I tried to evoke the fantasy feel by leaving his midriff bare and giving him a coronet.
Lots of girls in fantasy wear impractically revealing armor. It was simply my intention to evoke some of the same feeling with this guy. Sorry for the confusion.
I don't think there was any confusion, just the application of a double-standard. Girls who wear ridiculously impractical but revealing armor are hot. Guys who do so, especially effeminate ones like El Loco Syctheo, it creates an implication of a correlation between homosexuality/bisexuality/omnisexuality and evil.

It's the same way with the DS9 episode that dealt with the Mirror Universe - the bad guys were all pretty much more or less flamingly homo, and that was pretty enraging, IMO. The implication of corollation between nontraditional sexuality and evil has been around since the Catholic Church started demonizing enjoying sex.

heck, some shifts I work I bank on that reaction to get me enough internet content to get me through the whole 8 hour shift

There needs to be a program to crawl Wikipedia, take a beginning point and an end point (or a number of links followed limit) and it'll tell you how many links it takes to go between your beginning and end point.

Back on topic, I really like the Fae dude. He's charismatic AND evil, just like a real Fae should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back