Keychain #301-305

Well said.

Confirmed: Marena's incarnation was indeed married to Misho.

Not confirmed: Marena is Misho's bond.

Edit: Also, that was a good tree.

Marena's not learning the lesson that her mother learned: You don't need to be the best at everything if you can make one thing do everything.

Marena's mother has so much social-fu coming out her ears that she has other people do whatever she isn't good at for her. If Marena just bent her Exalted awesomeness to taking over her mother's ring of contacts, she'd have her mother tied in a bow.

Of course, the reason Marena doesn't think about that is because her mother has manipulated her into only thinking about besting her mother directly, so Marena won't take the subtle aproach.

So basically, Marena's optimal strategy is the following.

Marena's Mother: "Look at this one being all wonderful and manipulative."

Marena: "May I reply? EXALTED BOOBS."

MorkaisChosen said:
So basically, Marena's optimal strategy is the following.
Marena's Mother: "Look at this one being all wonderful and manipulative."

Marena: "May I reply? EXALTED BOOBS."
Also Exalted Pheromones.

Well, that's one way Marena is different from her mother. When all else fails, she hits things with trees. Or rocks. Misho should point this out; it would go very well, I think.

Fighteer said:
Well, that's one way Marena is different from her mother. When all else fails, she hits things with trees. Or rocks. Misho should point this out; it would go very well, I think.
You do realize they issued a full-on nerf to the Twilight anima banner, right? Are you trying to get the boy deaded?

I have PMS and a War Form. I'm sorry, did you say something?

I think there's some values dissonance here between early-comic Marena and current-comic Marena. Maybe she's just trying to be passive aggressive. Either way, she needs a timeout. Either that or a Glorious Solar [bitchslap]

Meeting her mother definitely sent Marena on a spin - she hasn't been the same since. Then again, this could be an expression of her Limit Flaw... although if it's Curse of the Mother Hen, that doesn't really work out.

The longer any story goes on, the more time you have to show the depths of your characters' personalities. Marena just hadn't had the necessary provocation yet. Although I doubt she'd go so far as to actually kill Misho, and that's assuming he'd let her. Despite her natural prowess as a Lunar, Misho seems far more skilled in combat.

ShadowDragon8685 said:
Fighteer said:
You do realize they issued a full-on nerf to the Twilight anima banner, right? Are you trying to get the boy deaded?
Resistance! 8)

(He's got it favoured, remember?)

Fighteer said:
Then again, this could be an expression of her Limit Flaw... although if it's Curse of the Mother Hen, that doesn't really work out.
She's shown before that she gets pissy when she doesn't get her way, and the current scene seems to be exacerbating this. It's most likely not Limit, but the fact that she's a person that excels in social combat, but is constantly comparing herself to her mother (which almost has to be a negative Intimacy), so when everyone doesn't fall in line, that's another twist of the screws.

Just popping in to say that I absolutely love Ten lighting his pipe with his finger and that Marena's tossled hair is amazingly well done.

Your little touches are amazing Jukashi. You are a true artist.

Carry on.

I was just reading through the Alchemical story arc and I realized that #304 isn't the first time Ten has had to pull a woman off of Misho. Check out #132. I wonder if there's a pattern here. I have two whole data points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back