• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Joined OOC Chat

On the other hand, the Great Gatsby went into public domain this year, so I can't wait to see angsty erotica of Jay Gatsby.

Btw, I'm about to read Gemina, the second novel in the Illuminae series, and thumbing it open to a random page, I see the words:
"I shot her."
"I was 11 years old."
AND IF THAT ISN'T PROMISING, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS.

havent we all shot someone at aged 11
that is how u change to an adult
u murder

And the thing is, I'm like 99.8% sure I know who said that line already: Nik, the "reluctant member of a notorious crime family," who is in complete contrast the first novel's male protagonist, who is a very hard-working, good boi pilot.

Oh, and bonus: The very first scene the love interests/protagonists are both in? Yeah, Nik's dealing drugs to the girl.

Nik was really like: "Babe, you sound adorable. Be still my beating heart. Also, I'm all out of drugs, come back tomorrow!"

READ IT, READ IT, READ IT. NONE OF MY FRIENDS WILL, AND I POSITIVELY DYING, BECAUSE I ADORE THE SERIES SO MUCH. THE WRITING IS BRILLIANT, AND I WON'T SPOIL THE FIRST NOVEL BY TELLING YOU WHO SAYS THESE LINES, BUT WHO GAVE THE AUTHORS PERMISSION TO WRITE WORDS LIKE: "She is catalyst. She is chaos. I can see why he loves her." and “He presses the triggers. And like roses in his hands, death blooms.” WHILE ALSO WRITING SHIT LIKE:
“Interviewer: So. Tell me about your mother.
Ezra: You're taping this, right?
Interviewer: Audio only. Camera is faulty.
Ezra: Okay, well for the benefit of the sight-impaired, I am now raising my… oh, dear… yes, it's my MIDDLE finger at Mr. Postgrad here.
Interviewer: Mr. Mason...
Ezra: Now I'm wiggling it.
Interviewer: Terminating interview at 13:58 on 03/19/75.
Ezra: Look at it wiggl-
-audio ends-”

AND
"I am frequently underestimated. I think it's because I'm short.”

“YOU CANNOT IMAGINE YOU ARE IN A POSITION TO EFFECT A SHUTDOWN, [SPOILERS]."
"Can't I?" [SPOILERS]'s eyes are wide now, gleaming with something new---a kind of madness to match the computer's. Not the look you want to see on the face of an enemy as intelligent as this one.
"DID WE NOT ESTABLISH THIS DURING YOUR FAILED ATTEMPTS ON THE BRIDGE? YOU CANNOT HOPE TO MATCH ME. MY COMPUTATIONAL POWER IS ALMOST INCALCULABLY SUPERIOR TO YOURS. TO ONE SUCH AS MYSELF, YOU ARE THE INTELLECTUAL EQUIVALENT OF A PROTOZOA."
"True." [SPOILERS] pauses, glancing into the emergency supply cupboard, gaze lingering on something inside. "But I have something you and protozoa don't."
"AND THAT IS?"
"Hands, motherfucker.”

God, I love this series so much.

OH, AND 5 PAGES LATER, IT HITS YOU WITH THESE BEAUTIES OF LINES: “If I breathed, I would sigh. I would scream. I would cry.” AND:
“When the light that kisses the back of her eyes were birthed, her ancestors were not yet born. How many human lives have ended in the time it took that light to reach her?

How many people have loved only to have lost? How countless, the hopes that have died?

But not this one.”

I've actually been trying to read more books now bc I stopped a few years ago which sucked. I used to finish like a book a day as a kid and now I struggle to read the microwave
Yall can give me book recommendation pls I will make a list <3

AS FOR POETIC DESCRIPTIVE WRITING MINE LITERALLY GOES
oh cold wing brr skin
swish swish water wow shiny

also i AM WATCHING MINMA AND LAPIS THEY BETTER FUCKIGN BEHAVE ON THAT GRASS I SWEAR TO GOD

LAPIS ALWAYS BEHAVES Not bitch he is a rouge. Whatever happens next is up to Minma
READ THE ASSASSINS GAME. THE COVER IS A GIRL WHO WAS A PLAIN WHITE MASK.
HOUSE OF SALT AND SORROWS
QUEENS RISING
MICHEAL VEY
THE GLITTERING COURT

Hm... I actually only have three physical books right now, all of which are overdue but I refuse to return to the library because I'm sure I'll have mental breakdown if I go without them. They're Gemina, the second book in the Illuminae Files (also read Aurora Rising, if you're into that genre!), A Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (the sequel to A Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue) and The Uninhabitable Earth, which is basically a giant essay about how we're slowly destroying our planet and that we might all be dead by 2100. Yay!

For books I recommend (these are all YA, I'm so sorry), definitely Six of Crows, They Both Die At The End, The Opposite of Always, Carry On , Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (audio book is narrated by Lin Manuel Miranda!), Get a Life, Chloe Brown, and um... shit, all of those are romance novels. (Except for Six of Crows, which is a heist novel where teens steal a tank, but you get the point.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back