• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
lol Mercy is starting to sober up with a quickness as she's being hauled up the stairs. I'm working on an IC post to help set the next part of the scene, go give me a moment.
Is she using some kind of power to sober up? Is this something Solars can do naturally?

Mostly, I guess I'd be worried about Purr Purr - Fat Cat's been flying for hours / days, and we did land because he's tired. But c'mon, he's a freakin' Lunar, he must have something left in the tank!
Chowlett Chowlett What do you mean? He has a stamina of five and some pretty cool charms and merits but do Lunars have some strange Lunar ability to just keep going when they shouldn't be able to?

With a stamina of five, you can go for days without needing sleep. Thanks to your Lunar Exaltation, you are now even tougher than a mere mortal, and now with a good, hot meal in your belly, you can move and act without much to worry about. Your level of exhaustion has faded away as you have rested.

If I am not reading too much into this, Fat Cat's level of exhaustion was more a way to get us to stop in this town than anything else. He should be more than ready to go.

With a stamina of five, you can go for days without needing sleep. Thanks to your Lunar Exaltation, you are now even tougher than a mere mortal, and now with a good, hot meal in your belly, you can move and act without much to worry about. Your level of exhaustion has faded away as you have rested.
I don't get it. Psychie Psychie

In Real Life I have been completely exhausted (from lots of hard work). If I eat a big meal, I'm done for after that. There is no option but sleep.

But for O Mighty Fat Cat, the act of eating counts as resting or sleeping?

(Sorry for all these questions in my past few posts; I really don't know the answers! Heh! =) )

I don't get it. Psychie Psychie

In Real Life I have been completely exhausted (from lots of hard work). If I eat a big meal, I'm done for after that. There is no option but sleep.

But for O Mighty Fat Cat, the act of eating counts as resting or sleeping?

(Sorry for all these questions in my past few posts; I really don't know the answers! Heh! =) )
No worries, my friend.

If I am not reading too much into this, Fat Cat's level of exhaustion was more a way to get us to stop in this town than anything else. He should be more than ready to go.
Sherwood has it right, here. I wanted a way to get you guys into this part of the adventure on your way to Rathess, and this seemed to be a good way to do so. Yes, you would benefit greatly from some shut-eye, but you are by no means totally wiped out.

Psychie Psychie OOC information aside, now I accurately understand what condition Fat Cat is in. Thanks, everyone!

I am going to have Mercy cast Virtious Guardian of Flame, and Invulnerable Skin of Bronze in preparation for potential combat. Do you want me to roll for them even though we are not in combat turns? She is going to roll enough times for successes for both. What would I do here?

I am going to have Mercy cast Virtious Guardian of Flame, and Invulnerable Skin of Bronze in preparation for potential combat. Do you want me to roll for them even though we are not in combat turns? She is going to roll enough times for successes for both. What would I do here?
You are not in combat at the moment, so there is no need to roll to get your Sorcerous Motes built up. Go ahead and cast them.

O.K.., so it's been a heck of a week in Real Life, and while role-playing often helps me get away from it all in the best of ways, I'll admit! I'm tangled up here for what to do (or not do) with Da Chonk!

I mean, I've declared that my favorite Fatty Catty has gone into his room and has all but barricaded it like the villagers, guards, and everyone we've run into told us to. But... now the party is jumping overboard on that idea and torn between standing by my initial action declaration and... going with the flow because that appears to be where the rest of the PCs want to go for one reason or another?

I don't want Da Chonk to be "that guy" who didn't help out when Mercy pretty much pleaded for party unity, but I come from an "old school" background where switching one's action of declaration on a whim is looked down upon for solid reasons. Yeah, I know, this isn't a tabletop session, and I really don't mind O Mighty Fat Cat going one way or the other.

Could I get some of your perspectives, please? It's been an unusual and confusing week and my head's not on straight. Maybe in a couple of days? =)

Purr Purr

Here is a thought for you. Maybe he does barricade himself in his room, and he with his very sharp senses hears the others in the adjacent room leave, Da Chonk gets feelings of guilt, and decides to leave as well. It could be a funny and/or serious moment either way.

Maybe our resident fat cat shows up in a moment when he is most needed.

Purr Purr

To toss in my two cents worth, I would have Fat Cat join the rest of the Circle as we investigate the glowing house. It has already been said that you have rested enough to be fully functional, and we may have need of our sturdy Lunar friend. I'm guessing that we are going to run into either droves of dead, or something even worse than a handful of zombies; something that is tough enough to be a challenge for all of us.

I mean, I've declared that my favorite Fatty Catty has gone into his room and has all but barricaded it like the villagers, guards, and everyone we've run into told us to.
I come from an "old school" background where switching one's action of declaration on a whim is looked down upon for solid reasons.

For my money, there's a difference between "I move behind that tree" - (most of a combat round happens) - "actually, I think I'm over by that boulder"; and what's happening here, which is Fat Cat starting to batten down the hatches, then as the situation evolves having to change his mind, haul the bed away again, and join in with the rest. You're not going back on a declared action, you're starting that action then switching to something else in character.

Just to let you know, I have had to take an unexpected road trip that will have me with spotty internet access for the next week. I will update as I can.

Okies, bud! Good luck on your unexpected road trip and I hope it all works out!

I am for the moment assuming Glade and the rest of the group are heading towards the manor without issues and will get there when you tell us.

Ok, I really, really, really want to play an abyssal exalted. I know they have not published the abyssals for this latest edition, but I am happy to play in another edition.

Is anyone running a game where I could play an abyssal? I do not have to be in the group full time, I would be happy to come in as a bad or neutral guy and a part time poster to where eventually they become a part of the story.

I know they have not published the abyssals for this latest edition
They are in Essence at least, but 2/2.5E ain't so bad either. At least Essence isn't quite as knee capped by the 1000 ways to complicate a die roll like 3E's charm space is.

And sadly no, I don't know of any running Abyssals games right now. I'd run Essence if I had more time, but I've been too swamped with day to day stuff to be as active on RPN as I'd like.

They are in Essence at least, but 2/2.5E ain't so bad either. At least Essence isn't quite as knee capped by the 1000 ways to complicate a die roll like 3E's charm space is.

And sadly no, I don't know of any running Abyssals games right now. I'd run Essence if I had more time, but I've been too swamped with day to day stuff to be as active on RPN as I'd like.
I have a copy of Essence. I would just be happy being a side character in a game of some other exalts personally although a game of Abyssals would be fun. I may have to give Essence a good read.

See, for me, it'd be Sidereals (with DB running up). But that's just my early Exalted experiences talking.
I hear ya, I like the Sidereals too, but they are just not Goth enough for me ;-)

A while back, Psychie Psychie tried to run a 2.5 edition of an Abyssals game that didn't last too long. Perhaps we can persuade her to brush the dust off of it and run it in either Exalted Essence or in the old edition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back