• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Horsehair Worm

"Somebodies grumpy..." Avrey taunted again, ignoring his starving comment and sipping a cup of cocoa of his own. He raised his cup, and cheered with Owl. "To reuniting!" He grinned. They finished, giggling as they tumbled into the tent rather loudly, laying down awkwardly close to Dunder.

Dunder groaned. This is gonna suck he thought. He rolled as far away from the pair as possible. One problem: it was a 2 person tent, and 3 people occupied it. Sleeping next to Avery would've been fine before. But now... well, Dunder didn't know. At this point, he felt like he didn't know anything. Whether Avery was still his friend, whether he would ever walk again, whether he would be able to do a lot of things he once enjoyed, like archery, chillin' with Avery, Standing up. He just didn't know.

Avrey calmed down, and so did Owl, and after a few whispers and quiet conversations, they fell asleep in eachother's embrace, and Avrey had pretty much forgotten about Dunder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunder took Avery's spear that lay beside him, and raised it above his head, over Owls sleeping form. He brought it down, but right as it was about to make contact with her feathers, he stopped. He couldn't do it. Curse his morality but he couldn't do it. He couldn't kill something that hadn't done anything g to phisically harm him. Dunder may be a killing machine at times, but he was no monster. He returned the spear to its original place, and snuck out of camp.

Avery and Owl continued sleeping peacefully, unaware of Dunder leaving. He woke up momentarily, leaned over, and nuzzled into Owl's neck, who hummed pleasantly.

Dunder rolled into camp. He made sure everyone knew he was there and that it was him, because if they mistook him for a zombie... "Guys, Avery has a girlfriend." "No way!" Gavin replied. "Yup." Anyway, it's kinda awkward over there, so I'm just gonna hang here if thats alright. "Sure" said Caulin. "You can definitely stay here." "Thanks you guys, I'm gonna go to bed now," Dunder said, and wheeled over to a spot near the campfire, but not too near. As he was getting out of the wheelchair, he realized that his toes were twitching a bit. The meds were working! Maybe he would be able to walk by tomorrow. But for now, he needed to get some rest, so he laid down, and closed his eyes.

Avrey and Owl woke up quite early, and at relatively the same time. It was then that Dunder notice Dunder's disappearance. "Huh...Dunder?!" He called, looking around. "Huhmm.."

Dunder woke up, went outside, and rummaged through some packs until he found some food he could eat. Dried beef strips, and dehydrated fruit. He ate like he hadn't eaten in days. Oh, wait, he hadn't eaten in days!

Avrey stared off over the edge of the building. "Just how..do you lose a HANDICAPPED PERSON?!" He yelled, making the sound echo of buildings. Owl patted him. "Did you really need him?" She asked, Avrey shrugged, irritated. "No not..well yes...but..No..I DUNNO!"

Dunder finished his breakfast, and waited for the others to wake up. As he waited, he wiggled his toes, excited to have them back, although he still couldn't walk very well. He wondered how Owl and Avery were doing. Probably happy that I'm gone, he thought. Gavin was the first to wake up. "Good morning" said Dunder. "Mornin'" Gavin said, still clearly not fully awake. Dunder picked up a stick, and started poking around at the dying embers of the fire, trying to start it up again. "I can move my toes" Dunder said, to break the silence. "Cool" replied Gavin. Dunder sat, encouraging flames out of the smoldering coals, and thinking about his next move.

"Ah, screw it, let's go visit the dork." Avrey said, wiping his face with a sigh. "Oo! OOOO! Can we fly?!" Owl asked, excited. "I...Well..I mean...Suuuureee.." Avrey said, not too confident. Owl squeed in joy, hopping onto Avrey's back, and clinging tightly. "Alright..off we go.." Avrey mumbled, leaping off the building. He flew steadily towards the other camp, nothing to worry about this time.

"Hi Avery." Dunder said as he saw his... ally coming near. Dunder did not look at Avery when he said this, he instead, looked into the glowing bed of coals. "What brings you here?

Avrey chuckled. "Just checking up on my pal, you know. So ho-" Avrey was interrupted when Owl jumped off him, grinning widely and breathing heavily. "THAT WAS SO AMAAAAZINNG!" She screamed, jumping around. She hopped over to Avrey and kissed him quickly, grateful for the ride. "Oh thank you Avrey! That was...the coolest thing I have ever done!" Avrey blushed from all the praise. He waved her off quickly. "As I was saying, how goes?"

"To be honest, really friggin terrible, thanks to her. Ever since she came along, my life has been crushed in matter of days, right before my eyes. First, my legs, then, my bow, and now she is taking you right out of my life, changing you, and turning you somewhat against me. So, since you really wanted to know, I have told you, and you probably didn't want to know." Was Dunder's reply. "But, to stay positive, I can wiggle my big toe," Dunder said sarcastically. "Because that's gonna help."

Avrey just stared distantly, shrugging. "Can't help you with that. But...you really don't understand.." He said, looking down. "I haven't seen her in so long..Of course I'm gonna be excited. She really is nice, she really didn't mean to hurt you either." He explained. "You're just really jealous..."

"I understand your excited. It's not you... it's her. She may be nice to you, but I haven't seen that side of her yet. And I know she was brainwashed when she broke me and my bow, but still... Man, I support you in every possible way, GFY, but really, I don't like her. I will try, but I doubt it will go well. Will you accept me into the camp again? I could really use some coca." Dunder smiled.

"Accept you? You left by yourself, tard! You were the bloody leader of the camp!" Avrey shook his head. "Are you brainless?!" He joked, walking out. He stalked over to Owl, who was unaware that he was there. He prowled closer, and leaped onto her shoulders, laughing triumphantly. She squawked in alarm. "Jeeeeez! Scared me!" She exclaimed, starting to calm down. "Yeah, Sorry. Anyway, Dunder is being all whiney and complainy about you, so just ignore him if you can." Avrey suggested.

"Suuuurrrreee... leader..." Dunder mumbled as Avery walked away. "I can't friggin walk, and and Owl treats me like a piece of crap." Leaning against a wall, Dunder slid up, trying to stand. He succeded, and he was in an upright position, so he tried to take a step, but failed. Just one more day, and he would be walking. But he still had the problem of his bow... and he didn't know how to solve it. Anyway, he said his goodbyes to the second camp, and rolled after Avery and Owl, who had begun walking back to their camp.

Owl glanced back at Dunder pitifully. "Do you ever stop complaining? One time, and you just won't shut up about it! Your almost healed ANYWAY! I don't favor the weak, and nor does this planet, obviously. If you can't manage when things don't go your way, then you shouldn't be have caused the problem in the first place. Only the strongest survive, so keep your eyes high, and take this onslaught by the horns. Got it?" She spoke seriously to Dunder, glaring in an unfriendly way. She obviously disapproved of him, as he had only proven himself as a crutch this far.

"Hey, you friggin crack-head, I've never done crap to you" Dunder said. "If only I had my bow now, I could totally take down an army of zombies, even in this wheelchair. You've never really seen me fight, and I have led this group of survivors into battle numerous times. We had a good thing going, even in the midst of this. So, I got two words for you: Screw. You." He glared back, showing his hatred for this new Avian.

"Dunder don't...she's got..err...Anger issues..." Avrey said, but it obviously wasn't working, because the hatred in Owl's eyes could burn a hole to the core of the Earth. Owl turned and looked at Dunder. "No, I haven't seen you fight. Because you WON'T fight. And yes you have done crap to me, you annoy me!" Owl said, about ready to tear Dunder's head off. Although, right as she lunged at Dunder, Avrey grabbed her by the wrist, and pulled her away. "Owl, he may be an idiot, annoying and stupid, but he's still my friend..I look out for my friends." He explained.

"And why do you think I haven't fought? Well, I have no weapon for starters, and why is that? You! And thanks a lot Avery, I am not stupid... well... I jumped off a building... but I calculated the damage I would take, and I was ready. Without that machine... that I made by the way... I wouldn't have arrows, which means I wouldn't have... well, life. And really? I'm annoying? What about her?" Dunder sighed. "Now, we really can't afford to argue, and we all need to get along if we are gonna make this work. C'mon guys, we got a zombie apocalypse on our hands!" Dunder said, Standing up, and finding that, finally, his medicine has kicked in completely. "Now if you'll excuse me, I am gonna go get me a bow."

Owl yawned and Avrey shook his head. "You really should be nicer to him, he tries." Avrey suggested, looking down. "Well, he's just...annoying..not worth our time.." she complained, reaching into her pack. "Well...whatever.." Avrey gave up, walking on. Carefully, Owl pulled out a syringe and stabbed it into her arm, pushing a small amount of liquid into her bloodstream, and sighing during the time. "What is that?" Avrey asked. "Oh..Stress reliever.." Owl answered quietly

Dunder walked on the direction of the shop, opened the door, and found several guns, pointed in his direction. Survivors! He thought, and it made sense. They had access to a ton of weapoms, any zombie that walked in was instantly killed. "Woah, hey, guys, I'm a survivor, like you, I'm just looking for a bow, and I'll be out of your hair." This announcement brought a round of applause, directed towards him. "How did you survive this long?" One person asked. "Two things: my bow, and my friends." Was his answer. Even Owl, he thought, and he instantly felt bad for everything he had done. What did she conciously do? Nothing. So, as he was looking for a bow that was just right, he thought he would pick up a little gift. He found a bow, very similar to his old one, and a small rifle for Owl. When he returned to camp, he gave Owl the rifle. "Sorry," he said, and went off to start a fire.

Owl said nothing, but did grin in a rather odd ray. Avrey nudged her. "Mines better.." He taunted, twirling his rifle. Owl giggled hysterically, as if that was the funniest thing ever. It sort of made Avrey worried. "I think..you need a little sleep.." He suggested, looking in Owl's direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back