• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Horsehair Worm

The medicine only helped bring the pain down a little, and made Dunder nauseous. "Good God Avery, what was that?" Dunder began to feel dizzy and loopy. " I like pretzels, pretzels, pretzels, I like pretzels, yes I do!"

Last edited by a moderator:
(Byoutiful.)

Avrey sighed. "Dunder..just...Stay you...for now..." He saw the opportunity to leave while Dunder was all loopy. In a faint shimmer of red light, Avrey disappeared. Meanwhile, up at his ship, he mixed a few highly advanced painkillers, body enhancers, and medical advancements never before seen by man. He tested it, just to ensure it would work on humans, he tested the chemicals on several biologic samples, then beamed back down, and fed one small pill to Dunder, a small mixture of all the ingredients. Hopefully he would forget everything...he wanted to explain to Dunder everything through words, not show.

Dunder went still for a moment, and then sat straight up, sending a shooting pain down his legs and back. The pain meds hadn't kicked in yet, and Dunder had forgotten all about the past week. He laid back down. "Where am I , and how did I get here?" He said to nobody in particular. Then he looked at Avery. "Oh, hi Avery, how did we get here? And where is here?"

"Why do I hurt so mu- hold on, it's getting better... much better.... I can hardly feel a thing. But I can't move anything from the arms down. What is going on? And didn't we just get back from here? And where's Hailey and whats-her-name, I don't know, we just found them, and brought them home, where are they? Are they alive? Are Gavin and Caulin ok? You have a lot of explaining to do."

Avrey sighed. "I...Okay...so, We made our camp on a rooftop in the city...hence...this." He gestured around. "And the group made theirs a ways away, so that...it was just us...and.." Avrey made a low hum as he realized Dunder wouldn't have remembered the suicide incident or anything along the lines. "Well...I know you won't believe this...but you were starting to like me..I think.." he groaned. "You jumped off the building going after a 3D printer, and We escaped an Avian assassin. Happy?"

"Avery, I do like you. I always have." Dunder gave him an awkward, difficult hug. "But why don't I remember anything? And why was there an Avian assasin? I still don't have the full picture. Please tell me." He patted the spot next to him, gesturing for Avery to sit there.

"Well, I'm kind of...a major target by...every Avian ever.." he shrugged. "And I think it's a side-affect of the various drugs, your mind, I mean..yeah." Avrey smiled and hugged back. He got up, and Owl, the avian from before, came sprinting up the stairs directly at Avrey. She was unarmed, and she looked...terrified, mortified even. She ran up, and hugged Avrey, sobbing into his soldier. Avrey just stared, stunned. "Wha...Why..Who...didn't you just try and murder me?!" He said, not really knowing what to do. "Avrey, I'm so sorry...it wasn't my fault...they...they brainwashed me...it's...I'm sorry..." She choked between sobs. "Who are you?!" Avrey yelled, utterly confused. "Avrey...it's Owl..." She answered. Avrey didn't react, he just...hugged back, pulling Owl close.

"Huh." Wait... Avian assasin is hugging Avery. Dunder was confused. Very confused. Didn't all the Avians hate him? Dunder was confused, and sensed something that was off. "Must be a relative" he muttered.

"Too long Owl...How did you get out?" Avrey asked. "Well...I sorta...Didn't." She said, wiping away loosed tears. "Well, Dunder, Meet Owl, my shipmate, my only friend BEFORE I knew you, and my lo-Nevermind. And this...is our story."

"Alright, from the beggining. Two troublemakers, Two anarchists, Two Rebels with no cause...that was us. For some time, we wreaked havoc on any higher society in the Avian race, and fled just before the Iron Talon could wrap it's Whiney little claws around us. Fast forward a few years...yes...years. We stumble upon an unguarded planet, Unused, pretty much dead planet...no offense, Earth." Avrey explained. "Yeah, so we parked our ship here for...some time, doing research, experiments blahblahblah on this planet. Although, we could only do this for so long. The Iron Talon...managed to capture Owl here, and in one more act of Defiance, I jumped...yes, jumped onto Earth. It..went well." Avrey gestured for Owl to explain. "The...Iron Talon made a deal with me...find and kill Avrey, and all charges would be thrown away. Well, being the loyal rat I am, I rejected. So they..tortured me...terrible experiments, terrible food, everything was terrible...just...bleh..They did unspeakable things to me...And well, yeah. They completely wiped my memory, and made me an Avrey terminator....it didn't work. Sure, I got him good, but then the memories....It all flooded back to me in a wave of...Gah...So I came back...Now this..." Owl smiled and Dunder, offering a talon. "So sorry about the legs..and everything else...ehheh.." Avrey just stared, confused. "Uhhhh...what?"

"I can't move. At all. Man, if I'm paralyzed, this is gonna suck. Has anyone seen my bow?" Dunder looked around, bit his vision was limited from the ground. "Anyway, my story is: on earth, living life, normaly, until this happens. World goes into cahos, my parents- all my relatives are infected, I am the only survivor that I know of, until Gavin, Caulin, Ali, and Hailey, but that's another story. Anyway, Avery comes along, friendly greetings (I almost shoot him in the face), and the rest is history. Really crappy history. Well, I guess everything is really crappy right now. But seriously, I kinda want to move, and do something, so I don't just sit here. Has anyone seen a wheelchair lying around?" Dunder joked.

Avrey rolled his eyes. "Way to put effort into it.." he said sarcastically. Owl just shook her head. "This is all my fault..." she said quietly, which made Avrey pat her gently. "It wasn't you...it was never you...seriously...just..forget it." He mumbled. He walked over to Dunder, and picked him up, propping him up on his legs. "Try."

Dunder colapased like his legs were jelly. "I told you I can't move them. Fine, I'll go get something by myself." Bit by bit, Dunder used his arms to crawl his way over to the stairs, and began crawling down the stairs. He was heading towards the other camp, near the hospital, where they would have things like wheelchairs or crutches. Now he was at the bottom of the staircase, and still crawling, but his arms were getting tired.

"Well, While he pretends like he can't work his legs why don't we catch u-" Avrey had began to speak, but Owl grabbed Avrey's shoulders, and pulled him into a long, affectionate kiss. Avrey wasn't going to lie...it was the greatest 10 seconds of his life. He smiled, and Owl smiled back. They both hugged eachother, so glad to finally see each other for the first time in forever.

Dunder lay, sprawled out in the middle of the road, tired, and vulnerable. And when there are zombies nearby, this is not good. He was halfway to the other camp, and was taking a break. Time to keep going he thought. Foot by foot, he crawled closer, and closer, until, some time later, he arrived. "Hi guys!" He said. "Dunder?" Said Gavin. "What happened?" "Oh, fell off a building, paralyzed from the waist down, can't move anything from my arms down, might need a wheelchair.And now Avery is chillin' with the creep who did this to me. Well, I did half, but she made it impossible to heal. Apparently Avery's friend, I can explain later, but can I get someone to do me a huge favor?" "Caulin just ran down and got you a wheelchair from the hospital," Gavin said. "Thanks." When Caulin returned, Dunder got into the wheelchair. "This is gonna take some getting used to." He said. "But it will work. Thank you." Then he wheeled off towards the other side.

Avrey and Owl sat at the edge of the building, watching Dunder fail horrendously. Owl couldn't help but chuckle. Avrey socked her in the arm. "That's my friend!" Owl rolled her eyes. "Oh, one more thing Avrey...WHAT IN KLUEX HOW DID YOU GET WINGS?!" She yelled, lifting the back of Avrey's cloak and examining the wings hidden underneath. "I...Just...It's willpower.." Owl stared in awe. "That is so cool...You are so cool!"

Dunders arms pumped furiously as he made his way up to the building. He glanced up at Avery and Owl, sitting up there giggling, having a ball. He couldn't help but feel a bit jealous. He thought he had something special with Avery. Something unique. But nooo, this "Owl" had to come, and wreck his hopes, his visions, every positive emotion felt like it had been crushed. Dunder sighed. That's the way life is he thought. Cold, Cruel, and Unforgiving.

Avrey blushed. "I'm not that cool..I just...always wanted wings..they work too!" He fluttered the as proof. "Oh my Kluex..I wanna ride around your back now!" Avrey chuckled, shaking his head. "Slow down killer.."

Dunder sat at the base of the stairs, thinking. Problem solving. Trying to figure out how the heck to get fo point A to point B! He could've sworn the Jeaprody song played in the background. But, he couldn't think of anything, so he ditched the chair, and began crawling up. When he reached the top, he saw Avery and Owl on the edge of th building, so he dragged himself over to a corner, and attempted to take a nap.

Avrey looked behind him, and saw Dunder. He laughed. "Sleepy little Dunder? Is the little baby tireeed?" He taunted, laughing with Owl. He was having such a good time, he hopednit never ended. Avrey leaned over, and took Owl's talon in his, holding it close to his chest, and smiling warmly at her. She smiled back, laughing smugly.

Dunder could've shot himself in the face right then. His life was miserable, and now he felt like he was losing his only friend. And being taunted didn't help either. But he didn't. Which was good. He sighed. Just shove all your emotions deep down, where nobody will ever find them! (Become an Anthony) he told himself over and over in his head. He just sat, blocking out the rude comments, and all thoughts involving something dying, Owl, or Avery.

Avrey laughed hysterically. "Hey, During my time here, I discovered the most AMAZING drink ever! It's like...oh Kluex you could drown in this and not care!" He said, making cocoa hastily.

Dunder couldn't sleep, there were too many thoughts in his head. So he went over to the fire, and that's when he realized that he hadn't eaten in days. He crawled over to the packs, and searched for food. "Hey Avery, did we bring food? It's not in these bags."

Avrey peeked over the edge of the building. "Uh...Yeahhhh...Over there. Go fetch!" He joked, trying to make Owl laugh, which she did. Avrey finished with the cocoa, and handed a mug to Owl, who sippednit delicately. "My god...this is..Wow!" She said, astonished. "Right?!" Avrey exclaimed.

"Cool, guess I'll just starve, I'm not going down there," Dunder muttered, and went into the tent to try again on sleep. This time, he succeeded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back