• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Heart within the beast

Rhea made a face, did he not like the hugs? Or was he just embarrassed? "Oh... I completely forgot to go to the store! I am so sorry..." She told him. Her mind was so busy with thinking things through she did not even remember.

"No, don't worry about it! We can go tomorrow if you have the time."

He probably hadn't been the only one thinking about other things throughout the entire day

Rhea thought for a bit before nodding. "Yeah.. we can." She told him. Quietly she watched him continue to cook, though she was slightly fascinated with his ear's and tails. Just the fact they were real... or that he was real....

Kurogan sliced up what was there and put it on two plates. He could feel Rhea's eyes on him during the process. He turned around when he was finished.

"Is something wrong?"

"Oh uh..." Rhea looked away, "Sorry i did not mean to stare... I never really heard of a beast-kin before and it is just strange... nothing is wrong I promise.." She told him,

"It's not a problem. I . . . well beast-kin don't leave the wilderness very often. I hadn't seen much of humanity before that old man picked me up apart from . . ."

He stopped as the dishes were put on the table

"Apart from . . ."

"When I was just a pup, my mother took me to see human society."

A small smile broke his face at the memory

"Obviously, we were both in the form mother gaia had granted us, but to this day it is one of the fondest memories of my life."

"Sounds like it was a wonderful time. What did you see?" Rhea asked, liking to see him smile when talking about his past. So far the only thing his past seem to bring him were frowns.

"A lot. As I said, I was very young, so I don't remember a lot of specifics. It's . . . it's like a warm blur in my memory."

He leaned against the wall and crossed his arms as he spoke.

"Something irreplaceable . . ."

"I see... you look happy, so I guess it is ok what kind of memmorys it is." Rhea said quietly. Gently she sat down to eat.

Rhea moved her gaze from him a little sad his smile was gone and quietly started to eat her food, She was not sure what else to say or ask. Not that she talked all that much in the first place.

Kurogan shook his head

"Sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up."

He sat down across from her

"How was work?"

"No don't be sorry. I am happy ou have some pleasant things to think back on." She told him happily. "I am just not very good with human interactions... Work was good."

". . . That makes two of us."

Kurogan shifted awkwardly. It had been so much easier when he wasn't expected to speak.

"You know, sometimes you don't have to talk." Rhea said quietly, "It is possible to sit in a comfortable silence. Usually Sage does all the talking for me though." Rhea mused

"Her visits are sporadic... she did say last time she was going to start visiting once a month though...." She said a bit unsure.

"Yeah she is, she won't admit it and is really mean about it if you say anything." Rhea said, "Sage is a really caring person once you get past her mean streak... also you can't really take anything she says to heart... she never really means it, she is just bad at sharing her feelings. She gets embarrassed to easily."

"Really?"

Kurogan tilted his head to the side

"She doesn't seem the type who would get embarrassed that easily. Especially after . . . well after seeing her *flirt*."

"She does that all the time... sometimes she even does things.... because I don't like... it..." Rhea said blushing. "Besides... Sage in my opinion probably boarders a pathological liar.... She says and does things to get a rise out of people... One of the reasons she probably still hangs around... because its easy.. to make me blush or embarrassed..."

(Sorry for the wait. I had to go and drive my grandma)

"So . . . she likes to infuriate people, she keeps making you embarrassed, but she also cares about you."

Kurogan massaged his forehead slightly

"She sounds like a very odd friend."

(I am working right now, so I am slow to reply right now as well ^^)

"Yeah... She can be infuriating... specially when she started to say things just to say it...." She told him, taking another bite of her food. "Did you have any friends before me?" She asked him, "D-don't answer it it is too painful too. I understand..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back