• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Heart within the beast

"Nothing too extreme. Mostly just push-ups and the like. When I'd done that I would generally clean up and try to read on my own."

He turned his head, trying to hide something of embarrassment.

"I . . . have issues with the human language in written form."

"You... can't read?" Rhea asked a bit cautiously. He seemed embarrassed about it, but if he was raised in the forest most his life, why should he know how to do something like that?

"Yes and no . . . While we may speak the same tongue, my kind uses a different form of writing. It is difficult to translate, to say the least . . ."

It was part of the reason he had enjoyed Rhea reading to him so much . . . though there was another reason

"I see... Did.... you want me to show you?" She asked gingerly, not sure if he would want the help or not.

"Only if you have time . . . you're already working yourself to death between school and your job. The last thing I want to do is have you worry over yet another thing."

She had already done more than enough. If anything he wanted to help lighten her load . . .

She smiled at Kurogan, "I don't work myself to death. I am very much alive. It would not be something I worry about... just like reading to you. Teaching and learning is something relaxing to me."

Kurogan let out a sigh

"Well, if it will help you--I guess I really couldn't refuse could I?"

He chuckled a little under his breath

Rhea smiled at Kurogan, "Well... if you ever want to go somewhere or want something you can tell me.. I can try my best to get it for you."

"And if you ever need help, don't hesitate to ask me."

Kurogan's hands crossed in front him, and he returned her smile

"I'll do whatever I can."

"Yes but . . . you've already helped me so much. It only feels right that I should return such help wherever possible."

Kurogan looked over at the clock, wondering how long they'd been talking

Rhea looked up to follow Kurogan's gaze to the clock. "I should get ready to go to work soon." She told him.

"like this?" She asked a bit surprise, "You... you have ears and a tail." She told him, making motions to his head.

"No, no. I meant as a dog."

He scratched the back of his head nervously

"I mean . . . with what's happened over the last week . . ."

"I can't bring you... I have no where to put you... And i would be afraid for you to wounder as a dog... people might try and catch you or call animal control.." Rhea said quietly.

"I could get back on my own without issue. I'm just . . . worried."

He turned his head and looked down at the floor, slightly embarrassed.

Rhea smiled, "You don't need to worry... I've just been having a bit of bad luck. Besides I can count on you to help me... I don't think anything is going to happen." Rhea said, though she did not really sound confident.

"All right . . . just be careful. I'll be waiting for you when you get back."

Kurogan pulled out his chair and stood up, pulling away the dishes.

"I will..." Rhea told him before leaving to work for that day. She thought that it would be a good time to really reflect on what happened that last few days. She wanted her brother... she was not entirely sure how she felt about kurogan. He was not Hikaru... but he was. She felt confused... but she did know that what things are now are probably what they will be from now on... so she should get use to it.

Kurogan saw her off, then put himself down to think. She didn't want him to leave, that alone meant a great deal to him. But what would he do from now on? Could he simply keep playing the part of "Hikaru"? Unlikely. That simple relationship would likely never been within reach again. When it had only been him hiding, things had been relatively simple, but now he was dragging Rhea into it as well. If anyone found out . . . Kurogan massaged his temples as he wracked his brain. Of course, that was only on the human side of things. He hadn't told her a thing about the forest. Perhaps it was for her own good . . . but what if she got dragged into it? He shook his head. As long as his existence here remained an unknown, he didn't have to worry about the tribe. For now, he would simply try and do what he could to help Rhea. Regardless of how her view of him might have changed, to him, she was still an important person in his life. As well as someone he cared about. He watched the clock as the day went on, trying to time it so he could have something hot when she got back.

When Rhea got home, she opened the door and spoke quietly, "Hikaru.. I am home." She said, "Oh... I mean Kurogan. Sorry." She apologize while taking off her shoes.

"Welcome home."

Kurogan was in the kitchen, and leaned around with a smile when she came in. It was something he had never been able to verbalize before. There was something cooking once again

Rhea smiled at Kurogan, "Thank you... That was a warm welcoming... it is nice. I think I liked the hugs when I got home tooo." Rhea said. "What are you making?"

Kurogan turned away when she mentioned the hugs, his face had turned a little redder at the mention.

"I boiled what little meat was in the freezer, then fixed it up with a few things. It should be filling."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back