• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Haven Falls

Characters
Here
Other
Here
samantha realiey

S
am carefully studied Caleb as he looked at her. He was challenging her, and she knew it. Ah, the stupid simplicity of men. She could fool him into believing he was winning this interaction, when indeed she had him in the palm of her hand. Right where she wanted him. But soon, she saw a familiar face, a more kind one, Messiah.

The two had been messaging for a while, he was new, and Sam loved being kind to new people. She took them under her wing, in a sense. So, she gave one final look to Caleb, showing him he was losing her attention to someone more interesting, and gave her full attention to Messiah.

He seemed nervous, and she could tell. But Sam definitely wouldn't say anything about it, as she knew that would most likely just make his nerves worse. So she decided to go along with it. Make him comfortable. He told her a rather... interesting joke, to which she laughed, trying to break the tensions of the interaction. Everything had gone so smoothly while they were messaging... What was different now?

"So, how are you enjoying your first Haven Falls football game, New Kid? Besides the actual sport of course."
Sam asked him, making sure to add another comment, whispered, but loud enough he could hear.
"And don't worry, I don't understand what's happening either."

fit^^ tags:

Messiah DuPont

mentions:
Sam
tags:
@madsiscool i

mood:
nervous
outfit:

Messiah’s gaze held steady as Sam approached, his expression unreadable, lips curled ever so slightly at the corners. The noise of the stadium faded into the background as she shifted her attention from Caleb to him, her laughter still lingering in the air from his half-hearted joke. He didn’t mind the game itself—football, crowds, the whole scene—wasn’t really for him, but there was something strangely comforting about how easily Sam could navigate through it all, including the way she switched focus to him as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

He stood there, tall and composed, his hands casually resting in his pockets. He wasn’t nervous. Not really. Messiah wasn’t one to get flustered easily, even if Sam’s playful energy had a way of pulling people into her orbit. He had come to observe more than participate, a quiet presence in a loud space. When she spoke, her words were light, teasing, but Messiah could sense the hint of curiosity behind her question. His eyes shifted briefly to the field, then back to her, the soft glint of amusement flickering beneath his calm exterior. “The game?” He echoed, his voice low but smooth, almost contemplative. “It’s about as thrilling as I expected... which is to say, not very.”

There was a pause, his gaze flicking toward Caleb for the briefest moment, as if registering the shift in Sam’s attention but not giving it much weight. Then, he leaned in slightly, enough to make sure only Sam would hear him over the crowd. “But the lemonade’s decent,” he added, his tone dipping into dry humor, the kind of joke that wasn’t really meant to be funny, just a statement to keep the moment light.

He took another sip from the cup, his movements deliberate, before meeting her gaze again. “As for Haven Falls, I guess I’m still figuring out what’s interesting around here. But...” His eyes lingered on her a moment longer, his expression still unreadable, before adding with a subtle, knowing smile, “Maybe I’ve found something.”

It wasn’t a compliment in the obvious sense, but the weight behind his words left enough room for interpretation. He liked keeping things ambiguous, letting people wonder. That was the thing with Messiah—he never gave too much away, and he liked it that way.

“Why am I here”

♡design by yourlocal-eboyy, coded by uxie♡

Leo Carranza
mood
Disappointed, Defeated

outfit
red graphic t-shirt, light washed jeans, white shoes

tags
@Lily Price
Leo watched Olivia closely as she spoke, noticing the shift in her tone, the way her eyes darted away from him. He knew her well enough to recognize when she was shutting down, closing off...again. It was frustrating, but more than that, it hurt. He’d just semi-opened up to her, made himself vulnerable in a way he hadn’t with anyone else, and here she was, retreating behind her walls.

His heart sank when she brushed off the conversation. Another dragging long year? That wasn’t what he had expected, not after what they’d shared over the years. He’d been so sure that maybe, just maybe, this time she would let him in, that they could finally stop pretending like they didn’t feel something deeper between them.

Her words were like a bucket of cold water. She wasn’t ready to face it. To face him.

“Yeah… just another year,” Leo echoed quietly, trying to mask his disappointment with a half-hearted smile. He glanced at the ground, kicking at loose rocks, his mind racing. She was good at this -too good- at acting like everything was fine, like they were just friends, like there wasn’t an unspoken connection. He’d always admired her strength, her ability to act tough, but sometimes he wished she’d let him see beyond that, let him see her.

He could hear the way she tried to pivot the conversation to something lighter, something familiar. She was retreating to what felt safe. Leo couldn’t ignore the sting of her earlier words, the way she’d hinted that he could start a new life, without her. She was already pushing him away, trying to set the stage for his departure, even though he’d just told her that she was the one thing that would hold him back.

He should’ve expected this. He knew Olivia’s walls were tall, reinforced with all the pain she’d buried beneath her remarks and shrugs, but damn, did it hurt to see her act like it didn’t matter. Like he didn’t matter.

Leo let out a small chuckle, but it didn’t reach his eyes. “Yeah, maybe I’ll find a whole new reality. Who knows?” he said, playing along with her attempt to change the subject. but his heart wasn’t in it. He could still feel the weight of everything she wasn’t saying. The unspoken truths that hung between them, so close and yet always out of reach.

When she joked about the party, trying to be playful, it almost felt like she was giving him an escape route, a way to shift the conversation back to something light, something fun. Leo wasn’t sure if he wanted to play that game anymore. His mind kept drifting back to the day everything had changed between them. He’d never forget the look on her face when she opened up to him. It was the first time he saw her vulnerability, the cracks in her armor and it made him care for her even more.

He wanted to see that Olivia again. The one who trusted him enough to be real, to be herself, without all the walls and the deflection.

She was trying, he could tell. Trying to keep things light, to avoid the seriousness between them. Leo couldn’t shake the feeling of disappointment. “Convince me, huh?” he said, his voice dipping into a teasing tone, a hint of sadness lingering. He tried to match her energy, the way he always did, but this time it felt harder. “I do know how persuasive you can be, Livy” he added.

He paused for a second, his eyes meeting hers, searching for something...anything that might give him a sign that she wasn’t as closed off as she seemed. “Look, I’ll think about the party,” Leo said finally, giving her a small smile. He was trying to sound casual, but deep down, he wished she’d ask him to come -really ask him and not just as an afterthought, not just because it was convenient.

He could still hear Byron’s words in his head, urging him to be confident, to push past his doubts. Standing here with Olivia dodging the truth and hiding behind her walls, it felt like he was the only one fighting for something more. That realization hurt more than he cared to admit.

“Well, you know where to always find me,” Leo added, his voice soft. He wasn’t going to beg for her to open up, to let him in. He’d done that enough already. As he turned to leave, he glanced back at her one last time, his heart heavy. He wanted to say something more, to tell her how much she meant to him, but the words got stuck in his throat. Instead, he gave her a small wave, trying to hide the disappointment he felt.

“Catch you later, Livy.” With that, he walked away, wondering if she’d ever let him in or if he was always destined to be on the outside, looking in.
coded by reveriee.

samantha realiey

S
amantha grinned as Messiah spoke, trying her best to take in his words through the loud chatter of the stadium. She could see his eyes flicker over to Caleb, and silently hoped he wouldn't ask. That was... too much and too long of a story to tell right now. And quite frankly, she didn't feel like admitting the events to anyone. So, she decided to focus on his quite... sarcastic joke.

"I'm not so sure you're being honest about the lemonade. It's very... sweet, if you ask me. A little too much for my liking."
Sam commented with a casual shrug, her nose wrinkling slightly as she recalled the taste of the overly sweet drink. It was good, yes, and it definitely killed the thirst that could be felt on a hot Friday night, but it wasn't worth it for all that sugar. Plus, she had to keep in good shape for soccer, and that definitely wouldn't be helping.

"Don't base all your opinions on the lemonade though. Haven falls is nice, but it can be a bit dramatic sometimes,"
Sam told him, laughing slightly.
"I suggest sitting back and watching. I've done that almost my entire highschool career, and it definitely makes everything more enjoyable."
She tried to explain her logic to him, even though it probably didn't do much.

"Anyway, are you going to the party at Bentley's later?"
Sam asked, deciding she'd finally stop talking and give the poor boy a chance to speak. She found herself talking a whole lot, a whole lot of the time, and she was very in her head about it. She really needed to just hush sometimes, even if she had more that she "needed" to say. If Messiah was going to the party, she'd probably hang around him. That would keep her from doing anything too stupid... hopefully. Although, she'd also been told Bentley was getting the "good" stuff for his party, and she planned on enjoying that to the best of her ability.

fit^^ tags:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back